Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

If that’s aimed at me, I’m not measuring by success or even quality. Those sides definitely united the country more than the current ones. I wanted to watch them. Right now I could take it or leave it. 

That's just cos you've got older and more disillusioned with it.  Somewhere there's some 9 year old kid watching this with nothing but optimism and hope.  England will eventually drive that out of him...

Probably by about the 85th minute mark.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Palmer has made a big difference.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

They aren’t scoring, just we are boring lol infact this is the best we have played… kept the ball well in midfield that has looked better today. Still look toothless though 

Agree .

It’s been better but not many clear chances .

Just now, JimJams said:

That's just cos you've got older and more disillusioned with it.  Somewhere there's some 9 year old kid watching this with nothing but optimism and hope.  England will eventually drive that out of him...

I was thinking it might be that and did say it could well be revisionism… but 85mins is generous. 

trying to think when i actually thought "wow, england played really well"

maybe at the WC in 2022, 

yeah that aint good considering the amount of games theyve played since then

but yeah the journos/media wont make a thing about it since Southgate is their media darling

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

trying to think when i actually thought "wow, england played really well"

maybe at the WC in 2022, 

yeah that aint good considering the amount of games theyve played since then

but yeah the journos/media wont make a thing about it since Southgate is their media darling

Very good against Iran in that tournament.

Otherwise, against decent opposition, probably Germany at Euro 2020.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I was shitting in nappies last time England won anything. And I expect I'll be shitting in nappies when/if we ever win anything again.

• Haha 1

He hasn't got a ****ing clue. So easy to set up against. Crowd the middle. Double up on Saka. Leave our non-existent left side to be non-existent. Fall over at every opportunity. Job done.

• Like 2