Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: Poland, Netherlands, Austria, France

I'll go against the grain a bit based on what I'm seeing in this thread but France have been totally comfortable. Could have had 2 or 3 on another day and were untroubled apart from the one Maignan save first half. Austria showed good endeavour but that was about it.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, martyn said:

I'll go against the grain a bit based on what I'm seeing in this thread but France have been totally comfortable. Could have had 2 or 3 on another day and were untroubled apart from the one Maignan save first half. Austria showed good endeavour but that was about it.

Yeah they had 4 times the amount of XG England managed

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Difference is France have trophies to their name. 

So do England, one but it is there… I don’t think past achievements would matter you always want to win so if not playing well people will make that known. Anyway one game not looking into it too much, France did the job and quite comfortably in the end 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Already a lot saying he will need a operation and will be out for 2 weeks minimum so likely to miss a lot (if not all) of the tournament. 

Not surprising in the least. Be shocked if he played again this summer. 

Funny to see Mbappe get  genuine injury minutes after was being a soft twat. 

Only caught the end but France seemed similar to the way we ended against Serbia. Not exactly holding on but a bit chaotic. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So do England, one but it is there… I don’t think past achievements would matter you always want to win so if not playing well people will make that known. Anyway one game not looking into it too much, France did the job and quite comfortably in the end 

We did win. Overall we were disappointing but you can almost rely on that with England. 

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just ignoring the handful of times he's just been completely bypassed then lol

Pretty much unanimously been voted player of the match as far as I can see? And his stats aren’t terrible. 

IMG_6029.png

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Pretty much unanimously been voted player of the match as far as I can see? And his stats aren’t terrible. 

IMG_6029.png

There were plenty of times he was dribbled past when prime Kante wouldn't have been. All ignored. 

Then he makes a simple tackle and it's "that's what he does, best in the world!". He made some good recoveries but it wasn't prime Kante that we were lucky enough to see imo.

Rice's stats were also very good in the same role, but this board in general loves bashing England.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/bukayo-saka-was-great-in-englands-win-over-serbia-but-declan-rice-was-even-better-39637894

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Rice's stats were also very good in the same role, but this board in general loves bashing England.

I must have missed the season when Declan Rice won us the league, it's hardly surprising we have more of a soft spot for Kante.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There were plenty of times he was dribbled past when prime Kante wouldn't have been. All ignored. 

Then he makes a simple tackle and it's "that's what he does, best in the world!". He made some good recoveries but it wasn't prime Kante that we were lucky enough to see imo.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/bukayo-saka-was-great-in-englands-win-over-serbia-but-declan-rice-was-even-better-39637894

People were just saying he was good. Which, empirically, he was. He scored highly on all stats and lots of people’s “eye test”. Don’t recall me or anyone else saying her was flawless. You’re quite right, he wasn’t. He was just, in most people’s opinions, the best player of the match. Which, for someone who has been out of international football and playing in an inferior league, pretty good. 

Also, people just generally like him and are happy to see him do well. 

Edited by RumbleFox

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

People were just saying he was good. Which, empirically, he was. He scored highly on all stats and lots of people’s “eye test”. Don’t recall me or anyone else saying her was flawless. You’re quite right, he wasn’t. He was just, in most people’s opinions, the best player of the match. Which, for someone who has been out of international football and playing in an inferior league, pretty good. 

Also, people just generally like him and are happy to see him do well. 

Like I say, I'm not saying he was bad nor do I not want him to do well. I'm just saying the commentary and the analysis has been pretty blinkered to missed tackles and misplaced passes, that's all.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Like I say, I'm not saying he was bad nor do I not want him to do well. I'm just saying the commentary and the analysis has been pretty blinkered to missed tackles and misplaced passes, that's all.

I suppose one can only go on the stats as the eye test is too subjective. Was it the greatest performance of all time? Nope. Was he, statistically,  the best player on the pitch? Yes, it seems he was.