Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Euro 2024 Predictor

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Scotch said:

I think a lot of people are overlooking Portugal. I have it as a ross up between them and France in the final. 

They have a very good squad on paper. I think they'll win it. But they do have Roberto Martinez in charge...

Edited by Nalis

Not done a predictor but I can see us being knocked out by France at the semis stage, winner being from the other side of draw possibly Germany? Spain if they play without fear could be a force to be reckoned with too but I don't think they are defensively strong enough to win it. Portugal will be there or thereabouts too

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not done a predictor but I can see us being knocked out by France at the semis stage, winner being from the other side of draw possibly Germany? Spain if they play without fear could be a force to be reckoned with too but I don't think they are defensively strong enough to win it. Portugal will be there or thereabouts too

I wonder about Spain's attacking threat though. Don't seem to have much quality up top these days as they used to (granted what they did have 10/15 years ago was World Class).

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I wonder about Spain's attacking threat though. Don't seem to have much quality up top these days as they used to (granted what they did have 10/15 years ago was World Class).

Yeah that's true they are definitely lacking a really top forward/ line leader and also some physicality I'd say. Morata can be good on his day but too inconsistent

Guest Col city fan
On 11/06/2024 at 23:13, Scotch said:

I think a lot of people are overlooking Portugal. I have it as a ross up between them and France in the final. 

?

IMG_5155.jpeg

On 12/06/2024 at 00:13, Scotch said:

I have that as my final pair and I have England to make it out of the group stage as being the best of the rest in third place.

Guest Col city fan

From what I’ve seen so far, the ‘bigger’ teams are well up for it this year.

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if England don’t make it through the last 16 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

With the squad we have, it would be an absolute disaster. We boast the most expensive squad in the world.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

With the squad we have, it would be an absolute disaster. We boast the most expensive squad in the world.

It won’t be about money. It’ll be about organisation, desire to win, confidence and luck of course.

Ze Germans and Spain look very very confident.

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Likely to win the group, so will probably have a winnable last 16 match as well, so doesn't matter how well the big teams are doing prior to that.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

They won’t. 

11 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Likely to win the group, so will probably have a winnable last 16 match as well, so doesn't matter how well the big teams are doing prior to that.

If we come 2nd probably be Germany so hopefully will win it .

Looks like a Germany Spain quarter final is pretty much guaranteed (provided they win their last 16 games). I think they’ve been the most impressive two teams so far. 

There are a few smaller teams who I would not want to face in a knockout game mainly Austria and Romania. 

If we (England) win our group then we will be in a nice bracket. Would have a best placed third team in last 16 followed by the winner of Switzerland v Italy (most likely). Then a semi v the winner of France’s group. 

If Denmark beat Serbia and we draw or lose v Slovenia, then it’s Germany in the next round. 

Edited by Lionator