Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Kevin Campbell In Hospital “Seriously Ill”

23 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Thank you for posting this ❤️ the game was played on my 16th birthday and living in Preston, I went with my Dad and a couple of mates, what a day and result.

Yes, I was only young myself. I can be seen celebrating behind the goal which my daughter now finds hilarious lol . Something special about those old away days

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes, I was only young myself. I can be seen celebrating behind the goal which my daughter now finds hilarious lol . Something special about those old away days

They were great days and so many of my LCFC fave players, Tommy Wright, Stevie Walsh, Gary McAllister to name a few 

• Like 3

Played for the club before I was born. But the fact that older generations talked about him as that ‘great’ loan signing, was indicative of his impact at the club. I really enjoyed listening to him on the Undr the Cosh podcast, where his personality and general warmth, shone through. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I was behind that goal on that day.  Loved Campbell in the short time he was here.

Was really hoping we would somehow be able to sign him permanantly, but no chance given where we were at the time.

Seem to remember at the end of his last home game on loan, him walking round the pitch with a City scarf on, that one of the fans had thrown to him, clapping the fans.

His last loan game should have been at Brighton away, but when we got there it had been a late postponement.

Some of our fans waited outside the players entrance, and Campbell came out to talk with the fans.

RIP Kevin Campbell, a great player Gone way to soon!

I was one of those fans, thanked him and shook his hand. Made the trip to Brighton worth it. 

• Like 1

Sad to hear this news, I remember his final game so well, there was an electricity around the ground, a mutual appreciation and you could see it meant a lot to him. We had really bonded, not just because of his ability but application and effort. It had been the perfect loan scenario all round, we benefited from his contribution, he gained game experience and sharpness to benefit him going on, Arsenal benefitted from that too, it was a great fit all round.

I’d say to the younger fans who missed him there were some parallels with a young Heskey, despite being a decent sized strong unit he could move quickly and fluently with pace and strength and for his age seemed un-phased and wise beyond his years, dynamic, exciting, electric, explosive yet composed, you’d expect to be receiving something raw, his enthusiasm was but his game was polished and pretty complete already. Those were the key things for me, “so good for someone so young” and being a powerful strong CF who could move so well at pace with the ball.

Our clubs relationship with him will continue, in our minds and hearts, he “got” us, the club , and we let him know we could see that, the young man’s attitude served him well in his long career at the top, a credit to the profession, RIP Kevin.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

He was fantastic for us and ,in the brief time he was with us, made us really exciting to watch.

Joined on loan at the same time as Paul Moran , but Kevin became a player we all fell in love with and were desperate for the loan to become permanent. 

We didn't have the money then so , unsurprisingly, he went back to Arsenal. 

Still some great memories of him in our shirt.

A good pundit and came across as a thoroughly nice person. 

Gone far too soon 

RIP Super Kev❤️