Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Who hasn’t renewed?

43 minutes ago, Super Shinji said:

Chap next to me hasn’t renewed for this reason, despite being a ST holder for 40+ years. I understand the principle, but I was shocked he actually went through with it. 

I think there are a growing number of supporters that have been going for years that are increasingly unhappy about a number of things. It's not relegation either because they've been through that before over the many years.

The deciding point eventially though is that compared with years ago, if you once give up your ticket you'll never get it back. History however shows that managers, owners and boards move on, the club remains, as do the generations of supporters.

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think there are a growing number of supporters that have been going for years that are increasingly unhappy about a number of things. It's not relegation either because they've been through that before over the many years.

The deciding point eventially though is that compared with years ago, if you once give up your ticket you'll never get it back. History however shows that managers, owners and boards move on, the club remains, as do the generations of supporters.

Generations of supporters stay? 

Simly not true.

They come and go also relative to success.

I remember crouds of 7 and 8 thousand at Filbert Street in the 80's. 

1 hour ago, Posthorn54 said:

First direct debit payment gone out today.

Don’t know why but I always feel a sense of relief when the first payment goes though,  just so i know nothings gone wrong with the clubs administration. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

So how many have refused to renew due to the £25 and not wanting to go digital?

Renewed and paid the $25, it’s still cheap compared to American sport and the $25 is annoying but less annoying than using mobile tickets.

I fear the lines opening day with so many people not being prepared 

1 hour ago, whetstonefox said:

Don’t know why but I always feel a sense of relief when the first payment goes though,  just so i know nothings gone wrong with the clubs administration. 

Hold that thought.

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Renewed and paid the $25, it’s still cheap compared to American sport and the $25 is annoying but less annoying than using mobile tickets.

25 dollars is a fiver saving at least 😅

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

You’ll be stuck in the same queue bud.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I haven't renewed. Not because of the £25 but because I've just fallen out of love with football a bit. 

Guy who sits next to me said exactly the same.  Couldn't stand watching dull Enzoball.  Wonder how he feels today.

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Generations of supporters stay? 

Simly not true.

They come and go also relative to success.

I remember crouds of 7 and 8 thousand at Filbert Street in the 80's. 

Football wasn't popular in the 80s full stop. Crowds were down everywhere. Of course success brings fans, clubs like Brentford, Bournemouth, Brighton etc would have found thousands of new fans recently and lose them all again if they go down a league or two. There's only a handful of clubs who would remain with crowds whatever the situation.