Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maresca leaves confirmed

Just now, goose2010 said:

Be interesting to see what reaction he gets when he returns to filbert way (nailed on for first game of the season!)

Indifferent, I'd imagine

• Like 1

When you look back .... right from the Martin O'Neil days  ... as soon as we have a bit of success... we have this will they won't they stop at the club ... there is no loyalty so whoever takes over ..... there will always be the ...  here we go again on the horizon 

3 hours ago, sdb said:

Salty from the club. No manager is gonna say no to Chelsea when they've just been managing in a lower division. Plus we've no money, batshit hierarchy and an impending points deduction. Hardly tempting. 

Apart from McKenna?

29 minutes ago, MPH said:

i find all this ' hope he does badly' talk a little bit childish.....

I  mean, for them most part we are all grown adults and lets not kid ourselves, the club would have dropped him like a hot potato had it not worked out with him. Why are we expecting a level of loyalty from him that we wouldn't have shown ourselves?

It's more a case of why do we want a competitor to do well? Simple answer is we don't. He's a competitor I certainly hope he loses at least 2 games as with any competitor. Largely I don't care but overall I hope they are Rubbish and finish below us because that's 1 less relegation spot for us! 

Maresca should remember he's achieved nowt in the Premiership.

He also seems not to be bothered about Chelsea's hire and fire policy over recent seasons.

Still, if he gets blown out by Christmas he'll be in for a big pay-out.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I lost interest in Enzo after his post match comments following the Southampton home game 

Onwards and downwards ! 

It certainly did raise some red flags.

Deja vu from when we were 3-0 up against WBA under Rodgers.

What is wrong with these people.

An extract out of Percy's article is quite damning too.

There will be inevitable disappointment in the Leicester dressing room but, equally, some players will be unmoved.

Maresca was so devoted to his philosophy that he could at times become stubborn and dogmatic. It was a meeting called by senior Leicester players towards the end of the season that helped them over the line.

Edited by Matt

I’m glad we’ve publicly moaned, regardless of the club’s shortcomings I wouldn’t want them looking like pushovers either. I also wouldn’t want them saying a load of stuff they don’t mean. 

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It's more a case of why do we want a competitor to do well? Simple answer is we don't. He's a competitor I certainly hope he loses at least 2 games as with any competitor. Largely I don't care but overall I hope they are Rubbish and finish below us because that's 1 less relegation spot for us! 

im just grateful for his contribution to getting us promoted. but surely you can see the difference between wishing someone well for the future is being  different to wanting them to beat us when we play?

besides, we will probably be flirting with relegation if we get a sizeable points deduction and they will be fighting for a top 4 pla e so i dont see us as  being competitors in the purest form of the word..

20 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

When you look back .... right from the Martin O'Neil days  ... as soon as we have a bit of success... we have this will they won't they stop at the club ... there is no loyalty so whoever takes over ..... there will always be the ...  here we go again on the horizon 

Actually since the Frank O’Farrell to Manchester United days in 1971.

1 minute ago, Blarmy said:

I’m glad we’ve publicly moaned, regardless of the club’s shortcomings I wouldn’t want them looking like pushovers either. I also wouldn’t want them saying a load of stuff they don’t mean. 

Wouldn't ever risk an ounce of humility about the catastrophic mistakes they've made though will they? 

Bang on about loyalty and yet our outgoing manager has essentially called our club dishonest at worst and economical with the truth at best in relation to problems that preceded him.

• Like 2

Whilst some may be frustrated/disappointed (not arsed either way personally), it's understandable why he'd want to join Chelsea. As much as they are a bit of a joke club because of the way Boehly runs it, he'll have a shed load of money to spend on players, and already had a decent young squad that just needs fine tuning. Worst case scenario for him, it doesnt work and he's sacked in the first 12 months, he gets a huge pay out and gets another job at a team in one of Europe's top leagues. Potter and Poch won't be short of suitors as being sacked by Chelsea doesn't tarnish your name. 

Just now, MPH said:

im just grateful for his contribution to getting us promoted. but surely you can see the difference between wishing someone well for the future is being  different to wanting them to beat us when we play?

besides, we will probably be flirting with relegation if we get a sizeable points deduction and they will be fighting for a top 4 pla e so i dont see us as  being competitors in the purest form of the word..

I'm grateful for his contribution. I liked him and I personally think he should have stayed, I am not to sure if this is a step to far too early. Time will tell.

I mean really I suppose if he beats some relegation fodder that's good.

We need to stop worrying about the points deduction until it's confirmed and we also know what other teams have. If we get -15 Man City should be on a lot less, also possibly Chelsea. Interesting really as if Man City hadn't cheated we might have qualified for the Champions League 2 times, you like to think that may have dramatically altered where we ended up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't ever risk an ounce of humility about the catastrophic mistakes they've made though will they? 

Bang on about loyalty and yet our outgoing manager has essentially called our club dishonest at worst and economical with the truth at best in relation to problems that preceded him.

Well yeah that’s the flip side. But on balance I’m happy with this stance, in lieu of a well run club.

• Like 1

The board needs to crack on now.

Let's not waste time flirting with Potter only to get rejected (again).  identify a pragmatic, hungry manager who is up the challenge and go all out to appoint them.  

• Like 1

I don't blame Maresca for going, we've all been at jobs where we are told one thing only to find that those above were bullsh*ting all along.  It's just that most of us have to stay in the job, because we don't earn stupid amounts of money, and can't pick and choose when we want to 'flip the bird' to the boss.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

At this point I’d take a Brexit management team of Vardy, Dean Smith, Pearson and Elliott. 

PASSSSHHHHHHUUUUUN 

To be honest the Chat Shit get banged every player 100% 90 minutes backs against the wall, low block, hard tackle, quick counter tactic next year against tippy tappy bollocks would probably serve us as well as anything at this point! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

i find all this ' hope he does badly' talk a little bit childish.....

I  mean, for them most part we are all grown adults and lets not kid ourselves, the club would have dropped him like a hot potato had it not worked out with him. Why are we expecting a level of loyalty from him that we wouldn't have shown ourselves?

If he does badly Chelsea do badly and most right thinking football fans should be hoping that happens.