Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maresca leaves confirmed

Guest Chocolate Teapot

This is more annoying than enzo leaving. We've got our own players appearing on Chelsea fans podcasts. How thick can you be.

Screenshot_20240603_215302_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It doesn't matter if he's good or not. By default he won't be given the time Arteta had from Arsenal. If Arteta was in Chelsea he would have been sacked in 6-8 months. 

I agree.  I keep reading stuff about Arteta having no previous PL management experience and still doing well, but the situation is completely different.  Arsenal stuck with Arteta until the results came.  Chelsea want immediate results from their managers. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is more annoying than enzo leaving. We've got our own players appearing on Chelsea fans podcasts. How thick can you be.

Really weird decision from Kasey, there's no world in which it's a smart decision

Edited by Safestandingfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Balague off the blocks early propagating his weird Maresca personality cult at Chelsea. He'll no doubt be saying that Enzo was too sophisticated for Leicester and how he needs to be in an "elite" environment, blah, blah.

48 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I lost interest in Enzo after his post match comments following the Southampton home game 

Onwards and downwards ! 

Yeah - it was our best win of the season and he said the team didn’t play well, or words to that effect.  I was shocked, and it worried me that he seemed more concerned about the playing style than the results. 

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Kasey is beyond bang average, he will be loaned out to a lower championship club by Christmas.

Probably realised Enzo is about the only bloke that rates him.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Kasey is beyond bang average, he will be loaned out to a lower championship club by Christmas.

😂And it begins.. 

Was the same with people slagging KDH off last summer because of his Maddison post. Pile on!!

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3

I am happy he is gone. We are going to struggle next season. At least we might actually try to attack now. If we are going to lose, then lets die trying.

I didn't like the way we played. Yes, it's the new generation of football. But, this guy was so stubborn, and rigid, that we were playing extreme keep ball. 

I’m intrigued to see how he gets on personally.

I wish him well in his future endeavours and thank him for getting us promoted. We 

We just need to draw a line under it and come up with a plan for still being in the Premier League when it kicks off in August 2025.

58 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Maresca should remember he's achieved nowt in the Premiership.

He also seems not to be bothered about Chelsea's hire and fire policy over recent seasons.

Still, if he gets blown out by Christmas he'll be in for a big pay-out.

Can I be very rude and say you're showing your age....Premiership :giggle:

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

😂And it begins.. 

Was the same with people slagging KDH off last summer because of his Maddison post. Pile on!!

It happened most of the season with kasey tbh.

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The reaction from our fans sum up why our board haven't faced the scrutiny most clubs would.

Why would Enzo stay here when offered the Chelsea job? He's gone on record as saying the club kept him in the dark about our financial problems. 

Why would he stay when he's challenged the board and owner to make changes in areas that should have come under pressure from the worst relegation in Premier League history and yet those positions remain untouched. Never performance measured, never refreshed. No other serious football club would do that. It's beggars belief.

So I ask again, why would he stay here? 

Chelsea are a basket case but he'll fancy his chances of getting more of a gig there than he will here based on points 1 and 2 above. Chelsea will pull any old stunt to comply with financial issues but bottom line he's sat on a huge pay off now if it goes badly and his reputation won't be majorly tarnished. 

He's laughing and I don't blame him.

I also don't give a flying fcuk he's gone either. We've bigger problems and he's not been here long enough for me to care.

Our board and owner have a huge job on their hands to turn this club around and protect our future. The good things that Enzo did will need to be safe guarded and number one priority is the development of academy players on the cusp of the 1st team, that's massively important for next season and if the likelihood of relegation happens that we've 3-4 very talented young players ready to help us try and get back up or be sold for huge money to survive and rebuild.

Exactly. In three years we have gone from having a more than reasonable chance of attracting most managers in the league below the top six to the favourite and popular choice being a good Championship manager who hasn't won promotion.

It says volumes that the club have had a swipe at the departing manager and even people who weren't fully behind Maresca, or ok with him going, have told them to wind their necks in.

Look, Chelsea will always be attractive to any manager or player of ours. Far more pressing is that we are becoming less and less attractive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

😂And it begins.. 

KDH also isn’t good enough, he was woeful in the Premier league let’s get it right.

anything close to 30 million offered and we’ve had yet another teams pants down 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

KDH also isn’t good enough, he was woeful in the Premier league let’s get it right.

anything close to 30 million offered and we’ve had yet another teams pants down 

thought he was good in the pl during 2021/2022

• Like 1