Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maresca leaves confirmed

2 hours ago, Terraloon said:

That number I take with a massive pinch of salt.

That would make him the 7th highest paid manager in English football which I doubt, with only the likes of City, Arsenal, Liverpool , Utd and Chelsea getting more. . It’s said that even Howe at Newcastle and the Aussie at Spurs don’t get more.

Having said all that if he got close to that number then the club deserves gets everything that’s coming to it.

Looking at the numbers I would very much doubt he was paid even half of that number 

The thing that convinces me he must have been is that his release for Chelsea to buy out his remaining 2 seasons on his contract was £10 million which would be about £5 million a year

16 hours ago, iancognito said:

Why hopefully? He's done what any coach or for that matter any one of us would have done. Bigger club, bigger wages, better players etc etc All that AND a guaranteed payoff at the end.

He could have stayed here and been sacked in 6 months

Completely disagree e.g. Kieran McKenna

10 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The thing that convinces me he must have been is that his release for Chelsea to buy out his remaining 2 seasons on his contract was £10 million which would be about £5 million a year

Chelsea haven’t bought out the last two years of his contract they have paid compensation for him to be released from his contract. Add to that it’s likely that there is a sum in that number re other members of staff that will follow

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Because Enzo has been so proffedional about it all. No he told the club he was staying we changed plans because he wanted us to and now he has left us in a horrible position at short notice he deserves the bad press

I actually think he knuckled down well second half of the season, despite the pack of lies he was told. He was very professional annd worked hard. Was very dedicated . and after the Sevilla offer, which he refused, he WAS staying. He hadn’t been offered the job at Chelsea by that stage.

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes in most peoples cases I understand that but at the point when you are already earning £5 million a year, do you need more money?

I see what you are saying here, but let’s remember, the taxman takes 50% at that wage bracket.. all it takes is 1 calamitous season and you are out of a job for life and no one will touch you with a barge pole.. and your career is gone despite being in your mid 40s..

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't ever risk an ounce of humility about the catastrophic mistakes they've made though will they? 

Bang on about loyalty and yet our outgoing manager has essentially called our club dishonest at worst and economical with the truth at best in relation to problems that preceded him.

Look I know our club haven't been great of recent but currently you are suggesting that everything that the club is saying is exaggerayted and not true and everything that Enzo has said is completely true.

It is very possible that Enzo had hot wind of interest in him and was himself being at least economical with the truth or outright lying to put himself in a better position.

We don't and probably will never know which is true but I'd suggest it's probably somewhere in the middle

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

Chelsea haven’t bought out the last two years of his contract they have paid compensation for him to be released from his contract. Add to that it’s likely that there is a sum in that number re other members of staff that will follow

Yes but that compensation won't be more than buying out his contract that would be ridiculous 

7 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes but that compensation won't be more than buying out his contract that would be ridiculous 

No it wouldn't... Look at Spain where release clauses are mandatory. You had Messi with a €700m release clause. You're paying so you get them now, it's got nothing to do with their wage.

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Because he was lied to and misled by the board - not the first manager to come out and say this.

No matter what you think of Enzo or Rodgers they’ve both told a similar story and have been made to look like twats when they are negotiating with players, only to be told late on actually there is no money.

We’ve got a a massive issue at board level, and this will continue to happen to other managers unless something changes.

I'm by no means devastated to see Enzo leave, but at some point you have to pay attention to the noise coming from successive managers. They both said they'd had the club's financial predicament kept from them and, while with BR that sounded like a lie (because we'd all done the maths and realised that the lack of a big sale one year would catch up with us if we weren't successful in 2021/22), it was all-too-familiar when you heard the same from Maresca.

The board have presided over relegation and at least one financial breach, and failed to communicate the state of play to two different bosses in the past few years. In theory, I'd have had some sympathy for the initial breach because we found ourselves in a position to compete and were caught out for trying to stay among the elite, but when you look at the bigger picture, it's harder to defend.

You can call Enzo a 'poundshop Pep', but that's what he was employed to be. One of my many issues is this 'vision' which the club has, and which binds us to employing 'poundshop Peps'. Whose vision is this? If it's a question of the club's identity, it must come from the fans and people throughout the club, and I doubt that this is the case. After all, Top's message to Enzo at the outset was simply 'I want us to play like Man City'. You have to wonder about the health of the sport if those same lines are being heard throughout the game from highly empowered people who are low on expertise. It smacks of Mel Morris and his 'Derby Way'.

At least Enzo did actually go some way towards making it work. And I'm not sure he, Rodgers, the EFL, EPL, or even many of the behind-the-scenes figures (e.g. Rudkin, who is at one point responsible for everything that ever goes wrong, and at another Top's lapdog, when he can't be both!) can keep taking the flak for the impulses of an owner. These really are just the guys trying, and occasionally succeeding at giving him what he wants.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What did McAteer say about him on some podcast last night? 

Essentially that they got themselves over the line because of the player-called crisis talks after Plymouth 

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Look I know our club haven't been great of recent but currently you are suggesting that everything that the club is saying is exaggerayted and not true and everything that Enzo has said is completely true.

It is very possible that Enzo had hot wind of interest in him and was himself being at least economical with the truth or outright lying to put himself in a better position.

We don't and probably will never know which is true but I'd suggest it's probably somewhere in the middle

I'm not saying that at all. Our club have divulged the bare minimum on almost everything for years so there's nothing to accuse them of exaggerating. The silence is deafening. 

Maresca said in January that the club kept him in the dark on our forthcoming financial problems. Brendan Rodgers said the club kept him in the dark on the inability to sign players in the summer of 2022. If either of these managers weren't telling the truth then due to point A of club silence how are we to take such statements?

And if they were being dishonest then why did they not attempt to halt the repeated public declarations from both managers on the said topics? 

As I've said before and I'll say it again, our club don't help themselves with our fans. There's a complete disconnect. Couple that with the financial problems we face and the ramifications of this, in the midst of those people responsible being kept in posts to carry on as normal, why should any leniency be shown?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, southfox66 said:

Can't say I'm that bothered I think his style was over complicated for Leicester. With the depth of our squad getting promoted shouldnt have ever been that difficult I even think if we'd kept Dean Smith we would have won the title by a bigger margin than we did. When we played the Enzo way even wins weren't that convincing and any big victory seem to be when the players ditched his system for a faster flowing forward system, hopefully are next manager is of that mindset 

I don't know about Smith personally but I do understand what you're getting at. I do think that there are a number of last seasons Championship managers that could have at least equalled what he did in a different way. 

It is interesting that not one player (not that I am aware of anyways) has come out and said anything about Enzo now that it has been confirmed. Maybe in the coming days, but usually once a manager leaves it's more or less straight away they come out with something on their socials. 

Guest Col city fan

@Unabomber AS I SAID BEFORE, Enzo can’t lose. It’s a 5 yr contract apparently so if/when he fooks up, it’ll be a HUUUUUGE payoff!

Just wanted to clarify that

😉

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

It is interesting that not one player (not that I am aware of anyways) has come out and said anything about Enzo now that it has been confirmed. Maybe in the coming days, but usually once a manager leaves it's more or less straight away they come out with something on their socials. 

Normally when they get sacked and don’t get a chance to say bye 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

@Unabomber AS I SAID BEFORE, Enzo can’t lose. It’s a 5 yr contract apparently so if/when he fooks up, it’ll be a HUUUUUGE payoff!

Just wanted to clarify that

😉

5 year contract but apparently with break clauses so he'll only get a year or two's compensation if he's sacked

Which is still a hell of a lot of money

1 minute ago, lfu said:

5 year contract but apparently with break clauses so he'll only get a year or two's compensation if he's sacked

Which is still a hell of a lot of money

There is no IF about it