Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maresca leaves confirmed

6 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Fair play to him. Gets paid millions for 6 weeks work. Thank fu*k I don't have to watch paint dry for 90 minutes next season.

You will do because the supposed leadership are obsessed with this style of play

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This off a chelsea forum: lol

Posted May 27 (edited)

We have a bunch of jokers running our club. 

We're never getting rid of snooze ball. I hate the way we play now and this is just going to get worse under Maresca. Pass, pass, pass, pass, oh are we going to shoot?.....no. Pass, pass, pass, back to the keeper and start all over again 😴

I really don't see what people find so good about this type of football. I remember watching Argentina score one of the best goals in world cup history in 2006 with tiki taka football, but they had so much more flair and risk, Guardiola's style of tiki taka that managers want to copy lacks all of that. It's basically just the perfected form of pass and move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Posted May 27 (edited)

We're never getting rid of snooze ball. I hate the way we play now and this is just going to get worse under Maresca. Pass, pass, pass, pass, oh are we going to shoot?.....no. Pass, pass, pass, back to the keeper and start all over again 😴

I really don't see what people find so good about this type of football. I remember watching Argentina score one of the best goals in world cup history in 2006 with tiki taka football, but they had so much more flair and risk, Guardiola's style of tiki taka that managers want to copy lacks all of that. It's basically just the perfected form of pass and move.

Exactly this! It also destroys character and freedom of creative players. Prime example was Ronaldinho being shunned from Barcelona under Pep all those years ago. And in recent years the likes of Mahrez and Grealish being way more entertaining players before they joined Man City.

mad thing is copycat managers can even get relegated playing this style and still be considered a good couch after. Look at Kompany 

Edited by OldBob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Posted May 27 (edited)

People up and down the country are getting fed up with it. Finally.

• Like 2

On 03/06/2024 at 20:53, James_lcfc said:

Fully agree on Kasey. League 1-2 standard.

…but KDH is definitely good enough for where we are now. He’s an average PL player, and we need as many of those as we can get!

You say he was woeful in the PL, but he was much better than Wilf in the season we got relegated…and people are gagging for him to get a new contract!

KDH was great in his breakthrough season, I said to a few people he is a future mega priced player.

He then dropped off which I think coincided with the entire squad dropping of in Rodgers final 2 seasons.

This season he showed clear quality above this level, and the second half of season was held back by Enzo who didnt like him dribbling the ball forward or shooting.  If he gets a manager that gives him freedom, he should shine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 03/06/2024 at 21:54, Pliskin said:

Players leaving is slightly different to the manager….. only a week before he gave the board his word he was staying and was even making plans with them, including advise they withdraw from the pre season tour….. and then out of the blue, you clear off…. Bound to be a bit annoyed, making all those plans and then upping and leaving at the first opportunity.

Kante gave his word to Claudio, ironically he left also abruptly to the same club.  I still remember when Claudio got asked about it at some event (was on the fly question after he was spotted somewhere) and I remember his response to this day, utter surprise and visible deflation.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 03/06/2024 at 22:49, Basildon Fox said:

I don't know why the board are taking the flack they are getting on here.

The bloke is a weasel for jumping ship after 1 season. **** him and anybody else that goes with him. I support Leicester and not some bald Italian who imo is a bang average manager. 

The whole world knew we were financially on shit street. Why was he the only one not to know?

Onwards and upwards. 

Because the January events likely contributed to the decision, and they were not on the same wave length as the manager.

He had lost trust in them.  Also from some posts on here he wanted Rudkin out and the board wasnt going to play ball on it.

Not going to disagree with you on him being a weasel though, I think some managers and players need to show more loyalty than they do, but I think in this case you can sort of understand it.  Bear in mind some of us on here warned Enzo wasnt a good fit, tika taka managers want and need support to keep them happy, not many players are suited to the system so lots of ££ is needed to get a squad ready for such a manager, this is why I keep banging on about a disconnect between the board and the squad and the manager.  We really do need a proper DoF to coordinate it all, as well as someone to challenge Top on his decision making.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OldBob said:

Exactly this! It also destroys character and freedom of creative players. Prime example was Ronaldinho being shunned from Barcelona under Pep all those years ago. And in recent years the likes of Mahrez and Grealish being way more entertaining players before they joined Man City.

mad thing is copycat managers can even get relegated playing this style and still be considered a good couch after. Look at Kompany 

Interesting you mention Kompany. The suggestion on the Euro Leagues podcast was Chelsea would have approached Kompany for the role as he impressed them when he interviewed for the role the previous season, but he’d already agreed a deal or was close to a deal with Bayern. 

35 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Whether our club is in financial shit, whether he was lied to about funds and or players.. all is irrelevant.. HE WOULD HAVE GONE TO CHELSEA ANYWAY.

Yeah exactly. A lot seem to be missing this very obvious point. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OldBob said:

Agree with the comments re Grealish and Mahrez but when Barcelona played the tikka taka style, they played around the edge of the opposition penalty area, not between the keeper and on the half way line. It is actually quite boring at times and great when it suddenly increases momentum in attack. Many years ago , Bill Shankley said, after being knocked out of the European Cup by a continental team playing passing football, i can’t remember who, that British fans would never like that type of football. Even Man City fans seem to have a problem with the style, leading to Pep moaning on a number of occasions, about the lack of noise from them. It is like chess moves at times and when works, very impressive, but it’s difficult to beat a swift attack from your own half to a goal within a matter of seconds.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Because the January events likely contributed to the decision, and they were not on the same wave length as the manager.

A relegated side with a huge wage bill. Before there was any mention of Sensi, pretty much no one on here was thinking about more incomings and most of us were expectant of outgoings. 

Sensi was a huge risk as well. Poor injury record (with a metal plate in his foot) and the expectation was to get him on a short term loan. Deal then morphs into them signing an extension and us paying a fee and getting him on a contract.  Actually feels like the club were being very sympathetic to Enzo in trying to get what he wanted until it largely became impossible.

Baring in mind our situation (aka - relegated club with large wage bill), if that pi55ed Enzo off then he hasn't seen the half of it yet and what is going to happen to him at Chelsea will blow his mind.

January showed to me his inexperience, or likely that he is missing some of the pragmatism to stay at the top level.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Any players thanked him yet on social media?

I was just going to ask this. Players have posted about other things, but no-one has acknowledged Maresca leaving really. Ricky P, Coady and Stolarczyk have liked the club announcement of it on Instagram, but that's it as far as I can see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Any players thanked him yet on social media?

I presume that if the club are pi55ed about it, which they clearly are, they have likely asked to not post about it for the time being.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I presume that if the club are pi55ed about it, which they clearly are, they have likely asked to not post about it for the time being.

So one of them goes on a Chelsea podcast.

(Of which I have no clue what he said good or bad either way but the fact remains he went on a Chelsea podcast)

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

So one of them goes on a Chelsea podcast.

(Of which I have no clue what he said good or bad either way but the fact remains he went on a Chelsea podcast)

Of which if hadn't posted on here pretty much no Leicester fans would have known anything about it. I certainly had no idea. However, a huge number of fans are connected to our players on Insta.

12 hours ago, OldBob said:

pretty shocking what he did to mahrez when you look at it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I was just going to ask this. Players have posted about other things, but no-one has acknowledged Maresca leaving really. Ricky P, Coady and Stolarczyk have liked the club announcement of it on Instagram, but that's it as far as I can see.

No statement from him really addressing  the club/fans etc as far as I’m aware, only his few lines about joining Chelsea. All strangely quiet.