Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maresca leaves confirmed

6 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Agree with the comments re Grealish and Mahrez but when Barcelona played the tikka taka style, they played around the edge of the opposition penalty area, not between the keeper and on the half way line. It is actually quite boring at times and great when it suddenly increases momentum in attack. Many years ago , Bill Shankley said, after being knocked out of the European Cup by a continental team playing passing football, i can’t remember who, that British fans would never like that type of football. Even Man City fans seem to have a problem with the style, leading to Pep moaning on a number of occasions, about the lack of noise from them. It is like chess moves at times and when works, very impressive, but it’s difficult to beat a swift attack from your own half to a goal within a matter of seconds.

Agreed. The highlight reels may look good but to watch the whole game in the style of play is so tedious 

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Whether our club is in financial shit, whether he was lied to about funds and or players.. all is irrelevant.. HE WOULD HAVE GONE TO CHELSEA ANYWAY.

Which will of course be the line given for justifying keeping them all in place. Very convenient get out for them.

so i know a few people on Foxestalk wanted evidence that MAresca wasn't told about the financial issues at the club... i dont remember who they were but here is a direct quote from the Leicester Mercury who were quoting Maresca himself... You could argue about the quality of their journalism, but you cant argue  with a direct quote from him - they wouldnt be able to get away with  making that up..

He said in May: “Nobody mentioned to me in January that we would not be able to bring in players. The same happened about the financial fair play. Nobody from the club mentioned to me when I signed that it could be a problem. I think it’s not the right thing to do. I think it will be a moment to sit and to understand why they didn’t mention it to me.

“I’m in charge of this club in terms of being the manager, I need things to work well. For me, there are things we need to clarify and we need to modify.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-enzo-marescas-final-words-9320634

• Like 1

My gripe with the style is less Pep and more the amount who try and mimic it with a much worse version. I also don't get how few see the success of Real Madrid and Ancelotti and don't promote more playing with freedom which is what they do, with admittedly, superb recruitment and class all over the pitch.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

My gripe with the style is less Pep and more the amount who try and mimic it with a much worse version. I also don't get how few see the success of Real Madrid and Ancelotti and don't promote more playing with freedom which is what they do, with admittedly, superb recruitment and class all over the pitch.

Ancelotti has basically said he has no set philosophy, or at least he's not wedded to one style of plan. That's probably why he's the most successful manager in Champions League history because he prioritises adaptability above all else. Having a broad philosophy is great as long as you can adapt and make compromises otherwise it's just predictable and will lock you out of success in certain scenarios.

33 minutes ago, MPH said:

so i know a few people on Foxestalk wanted evidence that MAresca wasn't told about the financial issues at the club... i dont remember who they were but here is a direct quote from the Leicester Mercury who were quoting Maresca himself... You could argue about the quality of their journalism, but you cant argue  with a direct quote from him - they wouldnt be able to get away with  making that up..

He said in May: “Nobody mentioned to me in January that we would not be able to bring in players. The same happened about the financial fair play. Nobody from the club mentioned to me when I signed that it could be a problem. I think it’s not the right thing to do. I think it will be a moment to sit and to understand why they didn’t mention it to me.

“I’m in charge of this club in terms of being the manager, I need things to work well. For me, there are things we need to clarify and we need to modify.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-enzo-marescas-final-words-9320634

He's gonna LOVE Chelsea :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People are talking like he worked on a shoestring and was hard done by.

He had the highest transfer spend in the league and the majority of a lower PL squad to work with. 

Micky Adams had worse administration chaos, with no money, no transfer budget, and players playing for free.

And a very good squad at that level, too. I like Micky Adams but if he had failed to get that squad promoted he should have been heavily criticised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

hahah can't wait til he starts moaning at Chelsea.

10 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Agree with the comments re Grealish and Mahrez but when Barcelona played the tikka taka style, they played around the edge of the opposition penalty area, not between the keeper and on the half way line. It is actually quite boring at times and great when it suddenly increases momentum in attack. Many years ago , Bill Shankley said, after being knocked out of the European Cup by a continental team playing passing football, i can’t remember who, that British fans would never like that type of football. Even Man City fans seem to have a problem with the style, leading to Pep moaning on a number of occasions, about the lack of noise from them. It is like chess moves at times and when works, very impressive, but it’s difficult to beat a swift attack from your own half to a goal within a matter of seconds.

I quite like the Chicken Tikka.. that's more my style..

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Ancelotti has basically said he has no set philosophy, or at least he's not wedded to one style of plan. That's probably why he's the most successful manager in Champions League history because he prioritises adaptability above all else. Having a broad philosophy is great as long as you can adapt and make compromises otherwise it's just predictable and will lock you out of success in certain scenarios.

The thing is, having certain systems without the highest calibre of player is often how lesser teams can become effective and over achieve. And likewise the system or rigid way of playing is less important if you are like Real Madrid and can field the best individual players in the world and allow them the freedom to show it.

Sadly the former is also a hindrance if you aren't careful as the system no longer suits the group of current players or it's been countered against by the opposition who've worked out how to negate it. As with everything, you want a coach who's able to adapt and evolve.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

First one to say anything? Screenshot_20240605_221803_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0bc337bc2ce008b5af9a96f1e677b3b6.jpg

Not that surprising really. I think it's fair to say Maresca changed his thinking about the game (Ricky has said as much) and potentially prolonged his career through inverting him into midfield.

Just him so far though who has said anything, I think!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Not that surprising really. I think it's fair to say Maresca changed his thinking about the game (Ricky has said as much) and potentially prolonged his career through inverting him into midfield.

Just him so far though who has said anything, I think!

They’re probably all pissed off they seem to all love him yet he jumps ship after talking to them about the project and completely changing their view of football . I’d be annoyed if I was the players 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing is, having certain systems without the highest calibre of player is often how lesser teams can become effective and over achieve. And likewise the system or rigid way of playing is less important if you are like Real Madrid and can field the best individual players in the world and allow them the freedom to show it.

Sadly the former is also a hindrance if you aren't careful as the system no longer suits the group of current players or it's been countered against by the opposition who've worked out how to negate it. As with everything, you want a coach who's able to adapt and evolve.

Agreed. It is really a mainstay of management in any field. I think it does show a manager needs to be selected according to the needs and circumstances of the club and that needs a lot of through analysis and skill in itself.
Leadership qualities are also very important too including man management skills and the whole emotional intelligence/awareness and handling of the press.

I’d rather we take our time if necessary and get it right rather than follow the example set by certain bigger clubs.