Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maresca leaves confirmed

I was fine with it all until I read Enzo advised club not to come to the USA! 🤬

god damn it that could have been my way to see the players again having missed this entire season. Bloody marvelous 

• Like 1

Just now, DB11 said:

Not bothered. Still pissed off at the board they’re useless though so hey 

Surely, based on your own logic, you should be bothered then? This gives the board another chance to mess things up? 

I know there's no loyalty in football, but jumping ship after your first season when you've been given the opportunity to manage shows the sort of man he is.

Saying that I wasn't a fan anyway, possibly peaked in his career after 7 months with us limping over the line.

Time will tell is he's a great manager or whether we've actually got a good deal here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Surely, based on your own logic, you should be bothered then? This gives the board another chance to mess things up? 

Exactly, not bothered he’s gone but also no faith in the board so generally lost interest in it all, what will be will be but come the start of the season I’ll still be supporting them but no excitement currently! All a bit meh 

The timing is the only issue to me.  But not like he's gone midway through the season. 

Weighing it all up, I never liked his football and the stubbornness at the end was of levels I have never seen from a football manager. It very nearly cost us, and I'm not sure how he'd be viewed now if he'd failed to get the most expensive squad in championship history up.

I think he is going to get a very big shock at Chelsea. Once things start going sour and the directors are dictating to him how to play, he won't be there long. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ren said:

Not bothered at all, he’ll be sacked by Christmas but with the way Chelsea are it won’t hurt his reputation too much

This presents us with a good opportunity to appoint a manager who has what it takes to keep us up, whereas with Enzo I had serious doubts he’d do that.

If he fails this season he'll be in the mud. Maybe a lower half club in Spain or Italy would take a risk but he'll never be back in England.

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That's an odd way of announcing it. No mention of next steps.

Wonder if we got sick of waiting for Chelsea?

They announced it the same time as Chelsea announced it mate....like every managerial announcement ever recorded :D

He has his big pay day, Chelsea have their sacrificial scapegoat already tethered, we, we have strong words :colder: thank goodness Rudders is around to right the ship:ph34r:

This is a blessing in disguise.

Good luck to Enzo but his style of play in the Premiere League with the players we have, in my opinion, would have been a train wreck.

Onwards and upwards, but I do hope the Board appoint a suitably capable manager soon to make the most of pre-season and a change of footballing philosophy.

One can hope!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

They announced it the same time as Chelsea announced it mate....like every managerial announcement ever recorded :D

Yeah to be honest I hadn't even spotted Chelsea's as their tweet doesn't even link to an announcement lol 

Still though, the club he is leaving usually mentions where he is going etc. Sounds like we crafted a rather salty statement ;) 

• Like 1

The football manager merry-go-round is all part of the modern game. Do a year, pay offs, compensation, blah blah blah. 

Managers and players come and go all the time and it’s constant change. All part of the drama of football.

I don’t blame Enzo one bit for jumping ship, we’d all do the same for more money and to manage a big club. I don’t resent him but don’t care either way if he’s successful or not.

The next appointment is crucial for us though. We must get it right.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I meant no mention of his next steps. Usually mentions the club he is going to and that compensation has been agreed etc :) 

Oh right, club are probably pretty fuming about the whole thing so I doubt they're very bothered about where he's going tbh 

• Like 1

IF it is the club feeding into that Percy articles then what the **** are they doing. 

“some players unmoved.”

”stubborn management that needed a senior player meeting to get us over the line.”

Than why before the Chelsea offer were we letting this guy dictate our entire philosophy with these sort of flaws.

Achieved promotion as was asked of him. We didn't do a Leeds and some good results along the way.

Doesn't sit right that he f****d us off at the first opportunity but that's modern football I suppose and I suspect it won't be the last time it happens.

Like Brendan, leaves a weird legacy behind where they've had celebratory achievements yet won't be welcomed back with open arms.

But not something to dwell on, couldn't really care less what happens to him now. We've got an opportunity to get something in place for the season as we look to stabilise ourselves back as a Prem club. Onwards and upwards 

• Like 1