Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maresca leaves confirmed

10 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

PL socials saying how the inverted full-back system may help Reece James did make me laugh. 

He played inside at Wigan and was so good. He’s got a similar issue to Ricky where his body can’t hack running the channels all game. I do think it will help him to be fair to them. 

• Like 1

Possibly the most indifferent I've ever been to a manager leaving. 

I'm just concerned as to what's out there we may be able to get in our current position. 

I like the look of Corboran but he's not proven in the Premier League. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I’m out?

What do you actually mean by that?  

He’s had one full season, you have no idea what he may yet achieve.

Well it’s anything like the time we tried playing like it in the Premier League I’ll have to stop away like I did. Disgusting, rancid stuff, with no point, reason or end game.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

I like the bloke and he did the job required. If he wanted to go, and the compensation was fair, then best to move on.

The club can do one, their treatment of supporters had been dreadful so **** off with your lack of loyalty whines.

Agreed. They don't deserve any loyalty 

1 hour ago, ScotFox1 said:

This is a blessing in disguise.

Good luck to Enzo but his style of play in the Premiere League with the players we have, in my opinion, would have been a train wreck.

Onwards and upwards, but I do hope the Board appoint a suitably capable manager soon to make the most of pre-season and a change of footballing philosophy.

One can hope!!

100% spot on. 

For his idea to work unfortunately we can't supply the tools he needs.

Personally if I'm honest glad he's gone, as another season of slow, drab, methodical build up EnzoBall would possibly have killed my love of football, I truly hate it. 

Well he's Chelsea's problem now. I just hope Top see's the light and comes away from wanting to be Man City clone.

Posted (edited)

Bye. Miffed at the way it's happened and all the noise surrounding it (bet Chelsea's doing). Balague has shown he's a muppet in all this. 

Leaves us in a bit of a pickle to start the season. Enzo has shown he has no loyalty and that is most annoying thing. Maybe FFP and PSR poopy stuff had an affect, or the poopy people in the board *cough* Rudkin *cough*. But this is annoying. Not only him, he's ripped up our coaching structure as well. So we start from scratch in an already difficult season.

What he achieved last season has been tarnished. Not going to wish him luck. Just meh!

Edited by fox_favourite

And after his move to west London was confirmed, Maresca said: “To join Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world, is a dream for any coach. It is why I am so excited by this opportunity. I look forward to working with a very talented group of players and staff to develop a team that continues the club’s tradition of success and makes our fans proud. 

I also look forward to the club's tradition of sacking me before the end of the season and sailing off into the sunset with my compensation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.jpeg.963cacccc5afc1ef16af239b9f13ce0c.jpeg

I think as far as having a manager who looks quite cool on the touchline we’ve peaked and it’ll probably never hit these heights again. It’s a shame but that’s just the kind of football club we are, not very cool and a bit ugly  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can't be annoyed at him leaving, majority managers would take that kind of deal

Either it goes well or he gets a massive payoff and his reputation doesn't really take a hit at all anyway because Chelsea are mental - win win for him really

Cheers for the promotion and £10m+

I think we are better off without him in the Prem and will have a better chance of staying up with someone else (as long as we get someone who is pragmatic and isn't so stuck to one idea)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

Just now, David Hankey said:

Another "one season wonder"!! 

What this Club needs is stability after returning to the top flight.

I just hope this can be achieved as contracts appear to be pointless.

Hence why stability is so rare.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I can only presume you weren’t a fan when Nigel Pearson was here rocking size 13 mighty whites and telling people to FOAD, and strangling opponents. That my friend is the epitome of Alpha male cool. 

I laugh but every word is true !! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Good luck to him. He has the potential to do very well if he can be less stubborn on his philosophy. 

On the evidence so far that’s a mighty big ‘if’.

19 minutes ago, v6rat said:

And after his move to west London was confirmed, Maresca said: “To join Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world, is a dream for any coach. It is why I am so excited by this opportunity. I look forward to working with a very talented group of players and staff to develop a team that continues the club’s tradition of success and makes our fans proud. 

I also look forward to the club's tradition of sacking me before the end of the season and sailing off into the sunset with my compensation.

south west london..like fulham.

14 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

image.jpeg.963cacccc5afc1ef16af239b9f13ce0c.jpeg

I think as far as having a manager who looks quite cool on the touchline we’ve peaked and it’ll probably never hit these heights again. It’s a shame but that’s just the kind of football club we are, not very cool and a bit ugly  

Touchline's never looked the same since those white trainers imo

p8-warnock.jpg

You can’t really blame him with so much uncertainty surrounding points deduction and transfer budgets etc. 

He got us back to the Prem first time, which is ace! 

The board have to take some of the blame, they’re hardly the most buttoned down bunch. 

Whether we agree or not, Chelsea is a bigger club with MUCH bigger budgets. You can see the attraction for a young ambitious manager. Will he last at Chelsea, probably not, but I wish him well as long as he loses when we play Chelsea in the FA cup final next year.