Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Championship 2024/2025 Season Thread

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Mark Hughes was steady with them, always top 10 in the PL but I remember fans not really liking him.

They were in the relegation zone when he got the chop and he'd been relatively well backed. He was decent enough before but he was heavily responsible for their relegation.

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They were in the relegation zone when he got the chop and he'd been relatively well backed. He was decent enough before but he was heavily responsible for their relegation.

So he was. I had Paul Lambert in my head?

I do recall them finishing 9th three seasons in a row but then falling away a season after.

44 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Getting a coach from Norwich it seems .

You could understand it if they'd lined up a respected and proven manager. To only give him one game with his squad after the window has closed only to get rid of him for Norwich's coach makes little sense to me.

Wasn't Schumacher a big reason for Cannon signing for Stoke? Hopefully their next manager gives him game time.

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You could understand it if they'd lined up a respected and proven manager. To only give him one game with his squad after the window has closed only to get rid of him for Norwich's coach makes little sense to me.

Wasn't Schumacher a big reason for Cannon signing for Stoke? Hopefully their next manager gives him game time.

Possibly but maybe he has no say on transfers which tends to happen a lot now at clubs .

Jon Walters has just jointed Stoke as a DoF and maybe they had a dispute?

Edited by Super_horns

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Possibly but maybe he has no say on transfers which tends to happen a lot now at clubs .

Jon Walters has just jointed Stoke as a DoF.

I googled it. It wasn't Schumacher it was Peter Cavanagh who was their assistant manager. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Stoke have appointed Rowett, Nathan Jones, Michael O'Neill, Alex Neil and Schumacher since 2018. Can't really get more proven yet haven't finished in the top half.

A gamble might pay off.

Controversial opinion (maybe), but if Coventry fail to finish in the top six of the championship this season as a bare minimum, Robins should be sacked. He's done a brilliant job overall but that squad really should be chalkengining for promotion. If they want to go up,they're going to have to be ruthless.