Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Championship 2024/2025 Season Thread

Lowe never seemed that popular there but they did well last season .

I think this post sums up the general reaction .

“This is the best day supporting PNE since our promotion in 2015.

The most detestable manager we've ever had and the most mind-numbing football i've ever seen at Deepdale.

Graham Westley is a much better manager”

Edited by Super_horns

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Feels like Kompany went in a bit too hard on him. No doubt similar exchanges happen all over the country at an elite level, but seems like Kompany made too much of a point about it. 

Thought it was interesting that there wasn't much shock from other players, felt like a bit of a regular occurance or 'the norm' for them

On Lowe.. he's released his own statement "I always said if I couldn't take the club any further i'd leave".... acting like he's done this in the clubs interests after game one of the season, a full pre season and signing his own players lol 

He'll be  at Plymouth in a month or so... they only hire scousers.

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Thought it was interesting that there wasn't much shock from other players, felt like a bit of a regular occurance or 'the norm' for them

Perhaps. Or they just didn't want to get involved and be on the end of it. 

Not sure which player it is but they gesture and almost tell Kompany to calm down and walk away. 

6 hours ago, Vacamion said:

If you think you have to talk like that to get your point across, you probably need to find better ways to express yourself.

To be honest I think this clip has been included to get people to watch it. It has to be followed up with some sort of mediation and conversation that repairs that break. If he does genuinely speak like this to everyone then he’ll fail wherever he goes. Footballers these days need dads who make them feel loved and supported, not raging maniacs. 

Just now, Lionator said:

That will likely be in the top 6. It would be very hard to not think Burnley are massive favourites for the league 

Leeds should piss the league. They're the only side that you could actually say is Premier League quality.

Last ten minutes or so Burnley have stepped it up a gear but then again it's quite easy to play against a side going for an equaliser like Luton have.

Before that there was next to no quality in the game.

Just now, Super_horns said:

Luton  seem to be struggling with injuries and lack of players so probably the least prepared of those who came down to go back up .

Midfield is non-existant. I assume they no longer have Barkley and Lokonga?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

The two Burnley goals were hilarious. Literally just hoofs and outpacing the defenders.  

Odobert outpaced his defender, but Brownhill doesn't outpace anyone.  Both passes were inch perfect.

Besides, didn't some bloke called Vardy score several of his many goals with the same sort of move?  ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Also will be interesting to see how the Bayern players react to this.

Gudmondsson (in that clip) and Bellamy (assistant manager) both left the club, both out of contract, as soon as the season ended.  After Kompany left, both came back (though Bellamy has now left again, to manage Wales.)  I was a supporter of Kompany for long enough, but the more I hear now, the happier I am that he isn't here any more.  (And we got £12m transfer fee!)

That Kompany clip makes him look like a bit of a tool. They've certainly done him no favours with the editing by starting that clip with him saying how you need to control your emotions only to see him go on an expletive rant 5 seconds later. Also to suggest "It's life or death", really?!? It's eleven over paid blokes kicking a ball around a patch of grass for 90 minutes. Entertaining, yes. Life or death, absolutely not.