Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsmiggy30

Mobile Tickets.....yet again

This year my grandson moved to  a mobile ticket. As i am a old bugger, i can still have a card. How will my grandson get the mobile ticket for his phone? 

Will they make contact nearer the start of the season?

Thanks

From what I believe they will send you the first ticket to add into your mobile wallet & then at the end of each game your new ticket will appear ready for the next game? I’ve just reluctantly ordered my card. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 04/06/2024 at 09:28, Becksie said:

From what I believe they will send you the first ticket to add into your mobile wallet & then at the end of each game your new ticket will appear ready for the next game? I’ve just reluctantly ordered my card. 

Yes. That is correct. I've had a mobile ST from 'Day 1'.

The ‘first ticket’ will be sent to your phone, via email, once the fixtures are announced and it is known who we will play in our first home game (but I cannot recall how long after that announcement that first ticket will be sent).

This should be saved into your phone ‘wallet’. From then on, the ticket is normally updated automatically a few hours after each home game and you will receive a message informing you ‘your tickets has been updated’ and I always check that it has done so successfully (and it always has been).

Edited by Rodney Fern_8
  • Like 2

Apparently, my smartphone will not support Google wallet as from June 10th as it's quite an old phone. I don't want to buy a new phone but I'm worried about obtaining tickets next season as I've always had to download them into Google wallet. I'm a member so I buy tickets match to match. Are there any other options to receive my tickets? I imagine this will affect anyone with a smartphone that is several years old.

13 hours ago, Aylestone Rob said:

Apparently, my smartphone will not support Google wallet as from June 10th as it's quite an old phone. I don't want to buy a new phone but I'm worried about obtaining tickets next season as I've always had to download them into Google wallet. I'm a member so I buy tickets match to match. Are there any other options to receive my tickets? I imagine this will affect anyone with a smartphone that is several years old.

You must have a software version older than A9 so it must be a very old phone. I am assuming you have tried to update the software and it will not take. This is a typical problem with phones designed to run Android that will not take software updates past 2-3 years. This is not a mobile ticket issue this is a phone issue. You really need a new phone the version you are running now has so many security vulnerabilities you should be deleting all apps and using it as a doorstop. Remove Google wallet and when you get an email for a  you should be able to save and use the QR code but Android can be stubborn. Call the club say you are too poor to own a SmartPhone and need a nine ticket de what you get.

54 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

You must have a software version older than A9 so it must be a very old phone. I am assuming you have tried to update the software and it will not take. This is a typical problem with phones designed to run Android that will not take software updates past 2-3 years. This is not a mobile ticket issue this is a phone issue. You really need a new phone the version you are running now has so many security vulnerabilities you should be deleting all apps and using it as a doorstop. Remove Google wallet and when you get an email for a  you should be able to save and use the QR code but Android can be stubborn. Call the club say you are too poor to own a SmartPhone and need a nine ticket de what you get.

Thanks Global Fox, I must be a dinosaur because although my phone is about 6 years old, I don't consider that to be that old. However, it does appear I am not getting security updates.I will call the club once I renew my membership.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had their mobile ticket update to the first game of the season. 

I had one last season and I thought mine had but then I looked yesterday and it moved into the expired passes and I moved it back to the current passes but there’s no info on it.

59 minutes ago, Livid said:

Anyone had their mobile ticket update to the first game of the season. 

I had one last season and I thought mine had but then I looked yesterday and it moved into the expired passes and I moved it back to the current passes but there’s no info on it.

Before I brought the card I had the option to download the ticket on my account so maybe the option is still there

• Thanks 1

I am using a card this year, but want to wrap my head around how you forward on your ticket electronically as it looks like it’s going to happen sooner than later. 

Do the people we forward tickets on to have to be members? Or just on registered with the club with a supporter number and also on our friends and family list? Or both?

Thanks in advance. 

42 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I am using a card this year, but want to wrap my head around how you forward on your ticket electronically as it looks like it’s going to happen sooner than later. 

Do the people we forward tickets on to have to be members? Or just on registered with the club with a supporter number and also on our friends and family list? Or both?

Thanks in advance. 

My understanding is that they have to have a LCFC account (but not membership) and you have to have linked them as family/friend.  All easy enough to do if they don't currently have an account.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here we go again.

As i am a old bugger, i got the card without charge. But my Grandson was opted by me, for a mobile ticket, as i do not mind paying, for his ticket, but there is a limit.

So i told him to follow the link from the site.And this is what he got, the Add to mobile wallet is greyed out. Any ideas?

Thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.b1338b8cf78ab59cb17baef47c10f009.jpeg

Edited by tsmiggy30
wrong information

12 hours ago, Marmite said:

So I have paid for the card but if I wanted to download the ticket on to my phone, can I choose to to either use the card or mobile ticket game by game? 

That's what I did last year, so assuming nothing has changed then yes

23 hours ago, tsmiggy30 said:

Here we go again.

As i am a old bugger, i got the card without charge. But my Grandson was opted by me, for a mobile ticket, as i do not mind paying, for his ticket, but there is a limit.

So i told him to follow the link from the site.And this is what he got, the Add to mobile wallet is greyed out. Any ideas?

Thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.b1338b8cf78ab59cb17baef47c10f009.jpeg

I've got the same, assume it's too early and they've just not activated it yet. Weirdly my dad who has a physical card does have this option enabled, but the link doesn't work and just shows an error.

• Like 1

For anyone who is new to the mobile ticketing this year (like me). 

1. Download the LCFC app onto your phone

2. Sign in to the app

3. Tap your name in the top right corner

4. From the pulldown menu, tap season tickets.

5. You will then see the option to download the mobile pass to your Google/Android wallet.

You should all be set then!