Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Hermansen

Linked as a target for Chelsea in the Athletic 

Maresca is a big fan of Mads Hermansen, 23, having worked with the goalkeeper at Leicester last season. Chelsea are also keen on relegated Burnley’s 21-year-old keeper James Trafford.

Fabrizio reported the other day that Enzo was excited to work with Robert Sanchez, who is decent with his feet in fairness. So don’t buy it. 

If he wants Mads we should be asking for a big fee £30mil +

Not irreplaceable if they want to pay. 

We've got form with having Chelsea's pants absolutely around their ankles. 

Set the price, Rudkin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy to sell any of our players for the right fee, the club needs to be financially stable first and foremost. 

We're not the same club as we were a few years ago disrupting the elite. Profit is good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Fabrizio reported the other day that Enzo was excited to work with Robert Sanchez, who is decent with his feet in fairness. So don’t buy it. 

If he wants Mads we should be asking for a big fee £30mil +

I was about to say the same thing, would be strange for all these reports to come out about Chelsea sticking with Sanchez then spend hefty money on a new goalkeeper. It is Chelsea though so who knows :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

You'd think we'd have been clever enough to push for a non pinch clause but you know LCFC.

Hello.  With Dufkin at the wheel no chance.  They will unsettle who they like and it will be Chilwell and Fofana time again.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

You'd think we'd have been clever enough to push for a non pinch clause but you know LCFC.

I don’t think we would want to cut off potentially our best source of funds if needed. 

• Like 1

Honestly, depending on who we get in as a manager, wouldn't be the worst sale. He's a very good keeper, but there are better keepers available if we just want a wall at the back rather than somebody to play with the ball at their feet. I saw we were linked with Cooper from Plymouth who is a player I really rate - not sure if he'd be able to make the jump to the prem yet, mind. 

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

To be fair, it’s clear we need to cash in somewhere and they are the most likely destination for a couple so I can see why we didn’t. As long as we aren’t stupid with release and sell on clauses is the main thing IMO.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'll be really honest, as long as the fee is what it SHOULD be and we don't get our pants pulled down then I'm actually pretty keen for this transfer to happen.

I genuinely think he's an extremely valuable goalkeeper and we should be looking at massive profit if Chelsea want him. 

We need to start getting back to these kinds of turn arounds where we buy a young kid for peanuts and then flog him on to the Big Six for an absolutely massive wedge. It's how the club recovers financially. If we've got a choice between keeping KDH and keeping Hermansen for the upcoming season, I'm sorry but you keep the star midfielder that's just been your player of the season.

As much as I think the footballing world has learned not to underestimate the impact of a good goalkeeper (and we all saw first hand last time we were in the Prem how disastrous a bad one can be), we can probably replace Hermansen for roughly what we paid for him and still get a pretty solid all round shot-stopper. His value comes from his ability with his feet and quite frankly that'll be way less of a priority to us this year.

100%, the only thing that would potentially hold me off from selling him now is that one good season in the Prem and he's easily worth around £50m at his age. At the same time, holding out has bit us a few times in the past.

It's the exact reason we should be targeting players like Sebastian Nanasi would cost no more than £7m and already has 12 goal contributions in as many games this season. 

• Like 1