Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Hermansen

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-jorgensen-b1172299.html

Chelsea looking at Jorgensen at Villareal now. Hopefully, that will take them off our backs.

They've got so many keepers already. If they're looking at Jorgensen, as another back up, hopefully Hermansen will be too expensive. But if they want to replace Sanchez et al, that is a completely different matter.

If hermansen steps up this season the way that I think we all expect he will… you could have man city, chelsea and possibly a few others all over him. One good prem season and we could be looking at 60m for a ball playing top keeper. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, goose2010 said:

He was fine for Brighton and I wouldn't call him a disaster. 

He's a very good keeper but not very good if you want play out from the back. He wont fit into Enzo's plans & his resale value is limited due to most managers want ball playing keepers these days.

If the money was right, I'd sell. 

Play Iversen for the next six months til Stolarcyk is ready. 

Write off the fact that we'll then lose Iversen for free end of season (rather than accept Derby's bid of two dairyleas and a pack of ham)

Iversen gets PL football for at least half a season 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Write off the fact that we'll then lose Iversen for free end of season (rather than accept Derby's bid of two dairyleas and a pack of ham)

Iversen isn't good enough though. If Iversen plays for at least half a season for us in the PL then we're going to end up relegated. Similarly, Ward isn't and wasn't good enough during our last PL season

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Iversen is nowhere near good enough to be our first choice keeper in the PL for one month, let alone six. A decision like that could see us practically relegated by the time Stolarczyk returned.

1 minute ago, boosmanana said:

Iversen isn't good enough though. If Iversen plays for at least half a season for us in the PL then we're going to end up relegated. Similarly, Ward isn't and wasn't good enough during our last PL season

I agree Iversen isn't quite there but as a back up, he's there or there abouts. 

We can't realistically employ another keeper, back up upon back up. 

As for Ward, had Iversen have played all season we'd have been at least 4 or 5 points better off - and stayed up 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Ederson goes this season i can see Man City maybe looking at Hermansen next summer

He's a much better fit for them than Donnarumma tbh. Although I think that rumour was more agent than Man City. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Iversen is nowhere near good enough to be our first choice keeper in the PL for one month, let alone six. A decision like that could see us practically relegated by the time Stolarczyk returned.

Depends if we intend to play out from the back a lot. In terms of shot stopping, Iverson would definitely be good enough for a side battling relegation which is what we are.

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's a much better fit for them than Donnarumma tbh. Although I think that rumour was more agent than Man City. 

thats my thinking too, Hermansen does seem more hand in glove for the position to donnarumma, and as you said, its more agent trying to get a new deal at PSG 

15 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Hermansen’s shot stopping is under rated and he was more dominant in his area as the season went on.

Can’t see us playing out from the back as much as last season however his longer range passing is very impressive so can see him being an asset if playing more direct/on the counter.

Ideal scenario would be we bring in a capable number 2 who could step up if he gets a move this time next year whilst at the same time moving Iversen and Ward on. 

Jakub Stolarczyk is more than capable replacement should Hermansen leave and when hes fit. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Depends if we intend to play out from the back a lot. In terms of shot stopping, Iverson would definitely be good enough for a side battling relegation which is what we are.

I believe Cooper likes his teams to play out from the back but doesn't regard it as an absolute must, which means Hermansen will probably be allowed to kick it long if he sees an opportunity to do so. 

When Iversen came in to replace Ward, I think we were all so relieved to have a keeper who wasn't a complete shitshow that we ended up overestimating his abilities a little. If he was a Premier League standard keeper he would be in demand from lower PL side and upper Championship sides; in reality, it seems only Derby want him and we're willing to let him go for peanuts. That should tell you something.

Besides, your logic is very odd. We're going to be battling relegation anyway so we should only aspire to have a low standard keeper? That seems incredibly defeatist to me. I don't think Hermansen will go because I can't see Chelsea forking out £40m+ for a keeper, but if he did leave we would definitely need to buy a new No 1.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I believe Cooper likes his teams to play out from the back but doesn't regard it as an absolute must, which means Hermansen will probably be allowed to kick it long if he sees an opportunity to do so. 

When Iversen came in to replace Ward, I think we were all so relieved to have a keeper who wasn't a complete shitshow that we ended up overestimating his abilities a little. If he was a Premier League standard keeper he would be in demand from lower PL side and upper Championship sides; in reality, it seems only Derby want him and we're willing to let him go for peanuts. That should tell you something.

Besides, your logic is very odd. We're going to be battling relegation anyway so we should only aspire to have a low standard keeper? That seems incredibly defeatist to me. I don't think Hermansen will go because I can't see Chelsea forking out £40m+ for a keeper, but if he did leave we would definitely need to buy a new No 1.

I may get accused of contradicting myself but I am not saying for a minute that I was any of the following:

1 - Hermansen to leave

2 - Iverson to be number 1

3- Not to sign a new number 1 if Mads left

I am simply saying I think Iverson gets the boot stuck in unfairly due to his ability with his feet and I do think he is a good shot stopper. If circumstances meant that he did end up in goal, I don’t think he’d cause us to get relegated (in terms of shot stopping).

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Jakub Stolarczyk is more than capable replacement should Hermansen leave and when hes fit. 

Decent prospect, if he had not have got injured I’d have been interested to see him play a full season in the championship to see how he got on. He’s looked good when called upon however that hasn’t been frequent