Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Hermansen

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If at any point this season we line up with Danny Ward in goal I'm done. I'm coming out in a rash just thinking about it

I’m sure Iverson is first choice before Wardy I fuching hope so anyway !

I don’t know people may think we’re a feeder club for pond life scum sucking Chelsea !!🫢😜

Edited by justfoxes

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/07/21/enzo-maresca-big-admirer-of-mads-hermansen/

Enzo Maresca a big admirer of 24-year-old he signed for Leicester last summer
CHELSEA FC LEICESTER CITY FC
Posted by Charlie Patrick12 hours ago
Enzo Maresca a big admirer of 24-year-old he signed for Leicester last summer

Chelsea boss Enzo Maresca is a big admirer of Leicester City goalkeeper Mads Hermansen, but it’s unclear if the Blues will make a move according to journalist Tom Collomosse.

It’s been a busy summer at Stamford Bridge with six new faces coming through the door already as the club look to strengthen the squad in an attempt to get back into the Champions League next season.

The Blues head off to America on Monday for their pre-season tour, and are reportedly in the market for a goalkeeper, winger and striker, although it’s unclear how many more signings they will make.

Maresca admires Mads Hermansen
It

was reported last week that Chelsea were going to enter the market for a new goalkeeper, with good distribution an essential factor.

The Blues signed Robert Sanchez and Djordje Petrovic last summer, but Maresca clearly feels it’s an area that needs improving.

Sanchez started the season as number one, but after a solid start he made a number of errors and lost his place to Petrovic last December when he got injured and didn’t win it back.

Petrovic impressed in the Chelsea goal, but his style isn’t suited to what Maresca is said to want from his goalkeepers, and the west London club are believed to have offered him to Serie A side Genoa.

However, Mail Sport’s Collomosse has reported Maresca is a big admirer of Hermansen, who is said to be valued at around £45m.

Maresca knows the Dane well having signed him for Leicester last summer, and he would certainly tick the boxes for what Chelsea are looking for in a new keeper.

The 24-year-old made 44 appearances in the Championship and kept 13 clean sheets as the Foxes won the title last season.

If Hermansen does make the move to Stamford Bridge he would be following in the footsteps of Maresca and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

Chelsea have also been recently linked with James Trafford, Giorgi Mamardashvili and Filip Jorgensen, who is believed to have a release clause of £35m.

Tom Collomoose is nowhere near a top end journo. I'd imagine he's put that out there as almost believable rage-bait for the Chelsea fans to jump on! Of course Enzo is an admirer of one of his own signings at Leicester, it's saying nothing new whilst whipping people up into a frenzy. 

Hermansen will be a TOP keeper soon, I can see him replacing one of the big boys that play possession based "out from the back" footy. Can't see it as that unreasonable a price considering potential and we don't need to sell!

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Selling Hermansen and not replacing him would be a travesty, I would go for someone of the ilk of Dean Henderson or Ramsdale.

For me, selling Hermansen and then buying an unnecessary replacement when we have a very talented goalkeeper waiting in the wings would be a travesty. 

I would be very happy to trust stolarcyk. 

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

For me, selling Hermansen and then buying an unnecessary replacement when we have a very talented goalkeeper waiting in the wings would be a travesty. 

Expect relegation, Stolarcyk is nowhere near good enough, as a backup keeper he's not bad, but I don't think he's remotely good enough to be a number 1 at premier league level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Must keep at all costs. We’ve seen how bad it can be starting the season with an unproven keeper in the prem. 

Can only echo this, big claim but we stay up if Kasper stays.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Must keep at all costs. We’ve seen how bad it can be starting the season with a muppet in goal. 

Fixed.

• Haha 2

IF he wants to go then dont sell for anything less than  45m + Sanchez or Petrovic on loan for the season. 

We stay up happy days, we go down we have Stolarczyk in the Championship. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, murphy said:

Wouldnt buy anyone just get someone in on loan. There are a lot of decent keepers that are number 2's at their clubs. 

Edited by goose2010

24 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Expect relegation, Stolarcyk is nowhere near good enough, as a backup keeper he's not bad, but I don't think he's remotely good enough to be a number 1 at premier league level.

Happy Fox indeed :ph34r:

• Haha 1

lets just put it in context, Chelsea want a keeper whos going to compete with Sanchez to be number 1, and as much as they "Enzo likes" Hermansen, I cant see Chelsea paying what we'd want and that would be 45mil i suspect

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Chelsea won’t pay £45m for a backup goalkeeper.

pretty much this, the club value him at something around that ball park and as you said, Chelsea wont pay that for a keeper who is battling Sanchez to be number 1

12 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Good shout.

Look at the last time we promoted a number 2.

Oh wait ....

god you are a barrel of laughs at the minute arent you. 

When you look down peoples squads lists there are plenty of decent options out there.