Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Jamie Vardy Signs New Contract!

10 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

JV says a new deal is upto Rudkin

JV signs new deal

3 pages of "great news" posts

0 mention or praise of Rudkin

He might have got some had it not been for the Vestergaard news that followed soon after 😄

Could it possible that we get a manager who's philosophy is a quick transition, with the forwards playing mostly on the front foot? Jamie would surely bag 10+ goals in that system and I'd be desperate to see the game where he hit number 200.

I know that it's a lot to ask but I can dream :bounce:

20 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

JV says a new deal is upto Rudkin

JV signs new deal

3 pages of "great news" posts

0 mention or praise of Rudkin

Let’s see who he gets in as Manager and more importantly how many points we start the season on before we start praising Rudkin. 

9 hours ago, Royston. said:

Even a fool like Rudkin knows a 1 year deal for Vardy is a no brainer but he was back on form for the Vestergaard deal:frantics:

It wasn't so much that we offered Vestergaard a new deal. That was probably done and sealed at Marescas insistence, before he left for Chelsea.

It was more the length of contract, given his age, but maybe we gave him 3 years at a lower wage, rather than a higher wage that he might have wanted to accept a shorter contract. 

What I would say, is Vestergaard was a big player for us last season, and although most of us have misgivings about his pace, he did play for Southampton in the Premier league, without being a liability, and in fact, who knows, had he actually played in our relegation season, instead of Rodgers completely freezing him out, as he did with Cags, maybe we wouldn't have gone down.

For all the stick that Vestergaard has had from us, the one thing he played no part in, was our relegation, he did however play a big part in getting us back up though.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, smudger63 said:

It wasn't so much that we offered Vestergaard a new deal. That was probably done and sealed at Marescas insistence, before he left for Chelsea.

It was more the length of contract, given his age, but maybe we gave him 3 years at a lower wage, rather than a higher wage that he might have wanted to accept a shorter contract. 

What I would say, is Vestergaard was a big player for us last season, and although most of us have misgivings about his pace, he did play for Southampton in the Premier league, without being a liability, and in fact, who knows, had he actually played in our relegation season, instead of Rodgers completely freezing him out, as he did with Cags, maybe we wouldn't have gone down.

For all the stick that Vestergaard has had from us, the one thing he played no part in, was our relegation, he did however play a big part in getting us back up 

why 3 years for someone who has no sell on value?

Why haven't we learned from previous mistakes?

Have to say I don't know anything about the inward workings of clubs when it comes to signing players and contracts.  I assumed it was the amanger who did this.

So if the manager at Leicester doesnt decide who they want at the club...who does?

18 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Have to say I don't know anything about the inward workings of clubs when it comes to signing players and contracts.  I assumed it was the amanger who did this.

So if the manager at Leicester doesnt decide who they want at the club...who does?

It could simply be the fact that replacing him would cost us 10m to sign a new player and we simply don't have that money to spend. 

A shred bit of business if that's the case. 

Our last season with Vards..

I doubt he'll go quietly.

We need to go bananas for each of his goals and treat it like it's his last for the club because it might just be that.

The greatest player with had in any of our lifetimes. Probably the greatest player in the club's history when you look at what he's achieved.

What a story.

Wouldn't be surprised if he helped keep us up, the absolute lunatic.

On 09/06/2024 at 05:33, alanf0x said:

Let’s see who he gets in as Manager and more importantly how many points we start the season on before we start praising Rudkin. 

Rudkin’s card is already marked with a lot of people. Handing Vardy a new contract and appointing a new manager (which is a big part of his job) isn’t going to change that any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Rudkin’s card is already marked with a lot of people. Handing Vardy a new contract and appointing a new manager (which is a big part of his job) isn’t going to change that any time soon. 

I’m guessing that the boards opinion on him is different to Top’s. 

Hoping a change is being discussed, but just can’t see it