Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC Women 2024/25 Season

https://thehalfwayline.com/2024/09/08/promotion-is-a-big-thing-we-are-looking-to-do-declares-young-midfielder-after-joining-birmingham-city/

Ava Baker ‘Promotion is a big thing we are looking to do’ declares young midfielder after joining Birmingham City

13 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Have the women got any more preseason friendlies lined up? Could probably do with a couple more tune-ups before the season starts.

Not to my knowledge although my guess is a behind closed doors game might happen this week. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Really looking forward to the season, hopefully we can continue our progression.

Feels like it could be a good one.

Important we get a result at Liverpool as it’s Arsenal the week after. Do think Mouchon is a real find and Mace will bolster midfield. Still not entirely sure about the defence though. 

2 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Important we get a result at Liverpool as it’s Arsenal the week after. Do think Mouchon is a real find and Mace will bolster midfield. Still not entirely sure about the defence though. 

I fully expect one of Mouchon or Mace to be player of the season.

As for the defence, I think Swaby looks like an improvement.  I've no idea about Sari Kees, but maybe her and Swaby are the answer in the middle.  I thought Ale looked much better in the West Ham friendly than she did last season, and she did well when switched to the right too.  Whether or not she starts ahead of Bott or Nevin is another question though.  And the answer is probably no!

• Like 1

On 09/09/2024 at 16:14, Lineker's Lugs said:

I fully expect one of Mouchon or Mace to be player of the season.

As for the defence, I think Swaby looks like an improvement.  I've no idea about Sari Kees, but maybe her and Swaby are the answer in the middle.  I thought Ale looked much better in the West Ham friendly than she did last season, and she did well when switched to the right too.  Whether or not she starts ahead of Bott or Nevin is another question though.  And the answer is probably no!

That Mouchon looks the business. Really strong on the ball, good pace and knows where the goal is. Wouldn't start Ale ahead of either Nevin and definitely not Bott who for me has been one of our most consistent performers. Really like the new manager and I think we have done very well to get her in. Bring on the season. 

• Like 1