Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC Women 2024/25 Season

34 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Brighton have signed Fran Kirby and Nikita Paris. Cant help but think those kind of signings will boost crowds.

Yep they will certainly get bums on seats but there’s probably a reason Man U and Chelsea have let them leave and that it’s Brighton they have ended up at.

Saying that they only need to give them the edge over 3 or 4 teams of which we are 1 so could turn out to be a great on field decision also.

• Like 1

Foxes Beaten By Brighton At Belvoir Drive
LCFC Women

LCFC Women concluded their pre-season preparation with a 2-1 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion at Belvoir Drive on Sunday afternoon.

A Fran Kirby penalty and a Kiko Seike strike either side of Janice Cayman's goal settled the scoreline at home base, with the final result confirmed by the half-time whistle. 

The 2024/25 Barclays Women's Super League campaign is firmly in sight of the Foxes, who commence their fourth consecutive season in the top flight on the road against Liverpool on Sunday 22 September, with a 2pm BST kick-off. 

Their final friendly action came last weekend when Brighton made the trip to the East Midlands to face Amandine Miquel's side, who had endured an extensive and promising pre-season, beating Sunderland and Durham on home soil, before jetting off to Australia for the Perth International Football Cup. 

Beaten narrowly by Manchester City on penalties, Leicester then romped home to a third-placed finish with a 5-2 victory over West Ham United. Missy Goodwin netting a goal and assist at HBF Park.

Prior to their loss to the Seagulls, City were on the reverse of a 2-0 scoreline when they faced Manchester United at Carrington Training Centre; Melvine Malard and Leah Galton scoring the goals for the hosts.

The Foxes' most recent opponents have been busy in the summer transfer window, adding England internationals Kirby and Nikita Parris to their ranks, with the former opening the scoring from 12 yards.

Cayman levelled things up, scoring from close range after a free-kick delivery into the box, but Seike's strike before the half-time whistle was enough to see off City's advances.

This week sees WSL action return as Leicester face Liverpool at the Totally Wicked Stadium, tickets for which can be purchased HERE and cost just £6 for adults. Coach travel is also being put on by the Club for £24 and can be found HERE.

I’m taking my 5 year old daughter to her first ever game against Arsenal but the missus bought our tickets in Walkers Hall as she thought it would be nice to go through the hospitality entrance to make her first game a bit special etc. Is there a dress code for sitting in the Walkers Hall bit for the women’s games, does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Edited by thisismyweapon

24 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I've never heard of a dress code outside of reasonable attire. As long as you don't turn up dressed as the taliban you should be fine.

Haha thanks, just wanted to check as I know if actually in hospitality the dress code is smart casual but I’m guessing that’s just for the suites as I’m certain my daughter at minimum will want to wear her shirt.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

I see Hannah Cain has finally gone public with the Willie Kirk relationship. She’s a strange one, it feels like she’s rubbing people’s noses in it. I wonder if her team mates are still massively peed off with it.

I don't see why she should have kept her job in the first place. She played her part in our season dropping off to the risk of relegation as much as he did. 

48 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I don't see why she should have kept her job in the first place. She played her part in our season dropping off to the risk of relegation as much as he did. 

Needs loaning out, someone sorted her contract out after the ACL injury I’m led to believe.

• Like 1