Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC Women 2024/25 Season

I wonder if the departure of Enzo had an effect on the appointment of the new women's manager. The Men's season starts sooner so is a bigger priority, it shouldn't really IMO affect that but is a possible explanation

33 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

green going hopefully indicates we've got a few cbs lined up because otherwise it is just Thibaud and Howard iirc

I thought Green did well for us so a bit surprised we let her go. We definitely need to invest in that area.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Could do a lot worse than try to tempt Plumptre to come home. She's streets ahead of Green as a CB imo.

She was the standout defender when she was here but the team has gone up a level since. Not to forget she now plays in a woefully substandard league in comparison. Not for me.

I expect Green will end up back in London, think she's from Hertfordshire way, Thibaud was a bombscare defender in the 2nd half of the season, wayward passing and off the pace. Need another experienced CB and someone like Neve Herron from Birmingham to come in and learn from Howard. Thibaud is a back up at best. Howard carried the team for the last 6 matches. 

O'Brien has not been announced by the club but she is staying.  We need 6 or 7 in otherwise its going to be a relegation battle. 

Just now, SK3Blue said:

I expect Green will end up back in London, think she's from Hertfordshire way, Thibaud was a bombscare defender in the 2nd half of the season, wayward passing and off the pace. Need another experienced CB and someone like Neve Herron from Birmingham to come in and learn from Howard. Thibaud is a back up at best. Howard carried the team for the last 6 matches. 

O'Brien has not been announced by the club but she is staying.  We need 6 or 7 in otherwise its going to be a relegation battle. 

Hopefully if it is Miguel it’ll help with Thibaud with both being French 

On 20/06/2024 at 10:46, LCFCJoe96 said:

Jumped, development definitely stalled the last year after a very promising 22-23 season. Next crop coming through in her position are really highly regarded at the club and at first team level we want more experience across the whole team.

Long term deal and a loan or two would be ideal but you rarely see that unless you’re one of the big clubs so if a championship side has come in and said we’ll play you every week it makes sense for her to take it.

I believe she’s going Birmingham 

• Like 3

On 27/06/2024 at 10:53, Pita said:

The club are messing about appointing a new manager. 

I'd expect something to be announced in the next few days now.  Think its going to be a long season, very little quality in the side and the Australia pre season is daft. 

• Like 2

With Mary Earps leaving Man Utd surely they will have Janina on their short list as a replacement. With no manager at present who could blame her for leaving if an offer came in 

27 minutes ago, ADN said:

With Mary Earps leaving Man Utd surely they will have Janina on their short list as a replacement. With no manager at present who could blame her for leaving if an offer came in 

I think Kop is better 

Slightly concerning now. Players leaving and bugger all coming in without so much as a whimper around a new manager since the middle of last season. P*ss poor. I doubt the players have a clue as to whats going on either. Doesn't seem there is much importancy  being placed on the women's game then. 

• Like 1