Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC Women 2024/25 Season

Getting the new manager in has swayed me to get a season ticket now. I always go to a few games each season but time to get on board for the lot. I'm interested to hear how many new fans to the womens game are thinking of getting in on the act. £45 a season ticket seems a steal to me. 

• Like 2

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4060453/contract-extension-for-shannon-obrien?lang=en

Contract Extension For Shannon O'Brien
LCFC WOMEN
Published 30 mins ago
1 MinuteReading time
Shannon O'Brien has extended her contract with LCFC Women to keep her at the Football Club until at least the summer of 2025.
- Shannon O'Brien extends contract with LCFC Women
- The forward signs terms until at least the summer of 2025
- She has made 60 appearances for City since 2021

The striker signs fresh terms at King Power Stadium having made 60 appearances for the Foxes in all competitions since joining the Club from Coventry United in January 2021.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Shannon said: "I am thrilled to be extending my contract with the Club. It's a really exciting time for the team and I'm looking forward to continuing my journey next season. Hopefully this year we can keep making progress and pushing forward together."

The 22-year-old came through the ranks of Aston Villa's academy before breaking into senior football with Coventry in 2018. She made 22 appearances for the West Midlands outfit before making the move to Filbert Way.

Shannon would go on to help the Club secure the 2020/21 FA Women's Championship trophy as the Foxes secured promotion to the Barclays Women's Super League for the first time.

Recognised for her talent internationally, Shannon has represented England at Under-23s level having made her debut for the young Lionesses in February 2022.

Shannon will now look forward to returning to Belvoir Drive later this summer when the team commence pre-season preparations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Getting the new manager in has swayed me to get a season ticket now. I always go to a few games each season but time to get on board for the lot. I'm interested to hear how many new fans to the womens game are thinking of getting in on the act. £45 a season ticket seems a steal to me. 

Would love a season ticket, but my daughter plays and generally the game times clash

• Like 3

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4061560/lcfc-women-sign-belgium-international-sari-kees
LCFC Women has strengthened its defensive ranks with the addition of exciting young defender Sari Kees from Belgian side OH Leuven, subject to league and international clearance.

- Sari Kees joins LCFC Women from OH Leuven
- Defender has signed a three-year-deal at Belvoir Drive
- She has represented her country 28 times

The 23-year-old, who has represented Belgium on 30 occasions on the international stage, has agreed terms on a three-year-deal with the Foxes after an impressive career in the Belgian Women’s Super League.

Speaking to LCFC.com, she said: “This is a really big opportunity for me coming here from OH Leuven. I have been here twice before with Leuven and the vibes were really good. Now I get the chance to play here and I'm looking forward to getting started. 

"In this league, every weekend you have another competitive game to look forward to. A lot of results can happen and it's a beautiful chance for me. I like to play attractive football and battle in duels, and hopefully I can bring that to the team."

Kees joined OH Leuven – a member of the King Power football family – as a youngster and progressed through the youth ranks of both OHL and the Red Flames to eventually become an established first team player at club and international level

She made her senior debut for OHL in 2016 before moving to Genk in 2019, and then returning to King Power at Den Dreef Stadion a year later.

A key player for OHL in recent seasons, Kees has impressed in Belgium’s top tier, helping her side to three successive second place finishes from 2020/21 to 2022/23, prior to ending last season in third.

She has featured for Belgium at various youth levels and represented her country at the UEFA U19 Championship in 2019, before making her full international debut against Slovakia in the Pinatar Cup in February 2022. 

Edited by lfu

Posted (edited)

Very good what they are doing with the free packs for women’s and girl’s teams in the area

350 packs of: 1 kit bag, 12 footballs, 20 cones, 15 bibs

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4062723/?lang=en

This exciting partnership will once again see King Power’s famous logo proudly displayed on the front of the LCFC Women’s edition of the Club’s adidas matchday shirts, as part of King Power’s ongoing commitment to the development of the women’s game in Leicestershire.

To further demonstrate that commitment, King Power and LCFC Women will be giving away a free grassroots pack, including a brand new set of footballs and training essentials, to women’s and girls’ teams affiliated to Leicestershire & Rutland County FA for the 2024/25 season.*

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Very good what they are doing with the free packs for women’s and girl’s teams in the area

This exciting partnership will once again see King Power’s famous logo proudly displayed on the front of the LCFC Women’s edition of the Club’s adidas matchday shirts, as part of King Power’s ongoing commitment to the development of the women’s game in Leicestershire.

To further demonstrate that commitment, King Power and LCFC Women will be giving away a free grassroots pack, including a brand new set of footballs and training essentials, to women’s and girls’ teams affiliated to Leicestershire & Rutland County FA for the 2024/25 season.*

Nice to see female grassroots being supported more

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

10 hours ago, MonarchFox said:

Nice to see female grassroots being supported more

Yea it's great it's a shame they don't show the same consideration to their match going fans for the men's team.

• Like 2

It's a shame Mace couldn't be signed a year ago, she's basically wasted last season on Man City's bench.

A bit more creativity needed now.  Depending on what else happens throughout the league in this window, I'd say Leicester could be looking at 7th (slightly ambitious) to 9th.

LCFC Women Travel To Liverpool In WSL Opener
LCFC WOMEN

LCFC Women will commence the 2024/25 Barclays Women's Super League campaign away to Liverpool on the weekend of 21/22 September after fixtures for the new season were revealed on Monday.
- LCFC Women to face Liverpool away on opening weekend
- City will host Arsenal at King Power Stadium in their first home game
- Season Ticket renewal period for the new campaign is now live, priced at £45 for Adults
- General sale for Season Tickets begins from Saturday 27 July (9am online)
- Register your interest for a 2024/25 Season Ticket here
- All fixtures are scheduled to take place at King Power Stadium

Following their trip to Merseyside, the Foxes then face an exciting double-header of home fixtures at King Power Stadium, with Arsenal and Crystal Palace due to visit Filbert Way over the weekends of 28/29 September and 5/6 October respectively.

Priced at just £45 for Adults, Season Tickets are now on sale to 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders (renew your Season Ticket here), with General Sale to begin online for all supporters from 9am on Saturday 27 July (register your interest here).

The fixture against Arsenal in September represents the first opportunity for Foxes supporters to witness their team at home and a whole host of new recruits in action as Amandine Miquel takes the reigns of her first home fixture.

Over the Christmas period, Miquel's side will face off with Manchester City away from home on 7/8 December before a blockbuster fixture against reigning WSL champions Chelsea at King Power Stadium the week after on 14/15 December.

The team will face their first outing of 2025 on 18/19 January when they take on Tottenham Hotspur in the capital with a return to home turf taking place on 25/26 January against Liverpool.

Our Midlands rivals Aston Villa will be our February visitors with the game on Filbert Way scheduled to take place on 15/16 of the month.

March will see a double header of home action with City hosting Brighton & Hove Albion and Tottenham in consecutive home games on 22/23 March and 29/30 March, respectively.

A contest with Crystal Palace marks City's final away game of 2024/25, while the Foxes will close out the campaign with a home fixture against West Ham United on 10/11 May.

All 2023/24 LCFC Women Season Ticket Holders can now renew and select their seats for the new season until 5pm on 26 July, before a General Sale opens for all supporters.

The General Sale period will begin for those wishing to purchase a 2024/25 LCFC Women Season Ticket from 9am on Saturday 27 July (online) and 9am on Monday 29 July (over the phone).

For the 2024/25 season, tickets will be priced at £45 for Adults, £33 for Over-65s and £31 for Under-18s, with prices representing a £3 increase for Adults from 2023/24 and still giving supporters a significant saving on match-by-match attendance.

Each Adult purchasing a 2024/25 Season Ticket may also apply for two additional LCFC Women Season Tickets for children aged 2-7 for free.

To register your interest in Season Tickets or match-by-match admissions, click here.

Singular match tickets and fixture bundles will also be available to supporters wishing watch the Foxes compete in elite-level competition against the best teams in the nation.

Exact dates, venues and kick-off times will be confirmed by all teams in the coming weeks, however all LCFC Women fixtures are scheduled to take place at King Power Stadium, with Burton Albion’s Pirelli Stadium serving as our alternative venue.

FULL FIXTURE CALENDAR

SEPTEMBER

21/22- Liverpool vs. LCFC Women

28/29 - LCFC Women vs. Arsenal

OCTOBER

5/6 - LCFC Women vs. Crystal Palace

12/13 - Aston Villa vs. LCFC Women

19/20 - LCFC Women vs. Everton

NOVEMBER

2/3 - Brighton & Hove Albion vs. LCFC Women

9/10 - West Ham United vs. LCFC Women

16/17 - LCFC Women vs. Manchester United

DECEMBER

7/8 - Manchester City vs. LCFC Women

14/15 - LCFC Women vs. Chelsea

JANUARY

18/19 - Tottenham Hotspur vs. LCFC Women

25/26 - LCFC Women vs. Liverpool

FEBRUARY

1/2 - Everton vs. LCFC Women

15/16 - LCFC Women vs. Aston Villa

MARCH

1/2 - Manchester United vs. LCFC Women

15/16 - Chelsea vs. LCFC Women

22/23 - LCFC Women vs. Brighton & Hove Albion

29/30 - LCFC Women vs. Tottenham Hotspur

APRIL

19/20 - Arsenal vs. LCFC Women

26/27 - LCFC Women vs. Manchester City

MAY

3/4 - Crystal Palace vs. LCFC Women

10/11 - LCFC Women vs. West Ham United

*All fixtures are subject to change and broadcast selections.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/amandine-miquel-leicester-city-women-202425-tactical-analysis-tactics

Miquel’s Master Plan: Crafting Leicester City Women’s tactical revolution – tactical analysis

Whilst Sonia Bompastor’s arrival at Chelsea Women has attracted the headlines when it comes to coaching appointments in the WSL this summer, she is not the only new name for fans to get used to, with three others also taking charge in the league, and all hoping to lead their sides to success.

The most recent appointment out of the four was that of Amandine Miquel, who was confirmed as Leicester City Women’s new head coach last week after seven years at Stade de Reims Féminines. With her having a reputation for youth development, tactical adaptability and overall club growth, as well as leading her now-former team to a fourth-place finish in the Première Ligue (as the French women’s top flight is now known) last time out, there are high hopes around the King Power Stadium that she could be the one to take them up the standings after posting 10th and two 11th placed finishes in their three top-flight campaigns so far.

• Like 2