Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Summer 2024 Ins and Outs + Retained List

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Probably best to wait until they are officially confirmed.

Yeah I'll update the OP when it's on the OS

• Like 1

Lewis Brunt Makes Permanent Wrexham Switch

LCFC MEN

Published 34 mins ago

1 MinuteReading time

Leicester City defender Lewis Brunt has completed a permanent transfer to Sky Bet League 1 side Wrexham for an undisclosed fee, subject to league approval.

- Lewis Brunt completes Wrexham transfer
- The defender played 40 times on loan at Mansfield last season

The 23-year-old spent the 2023/24 season on loan at Mansfield Town and made 40 appearances in all competitions for the Stags.

He will now take the next step of his career with the Welsh side, who were also promoted to the third-tier last term. 

Lewis leaves Leicester City with the best wishes of everyone at the Football Club.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4052284/leicester-city-confirm-de-cordovareid-signing?lang=en

Leicester City Confirm De Cordova-Reid Signing
LCFC MEN
Published 1 hr 7 mins ago
1 MinuteReading time
Leicester City Football Club can today confirm the signing of Jamaica international winger Bobby De Cordova-Reid, subject to league approval.
More on this story...
24/25 Men’s Home Kit Launches!
‘A Perfect Fit For Me’ - De Cordova-Reid’s Foxes Message
Bolstering City’s Attack - De Cordova-Reid's Career
- Bobby De Cordova-Reid makes Leicester City switch
- Winger has signed a three-year deal at King Power Stadium
- He has made 129 appearances in the Premier League

The 31-year-old has penned a three-year deal on Filbert Way and arrives at the Club having most recently made more than 200 appearances for Fulham.  

Speaking to LCFC.com, he said: “Turning up here was a special moment, looking around and seeing the infrastructure. It’s got that wow factor. It feels nice. I’m delighted to be here and I can’t wait to get going. 

“I had a good chat with the Manager, he told me the vision of the Club. I spoke to him a few times and he was very clear in what he wanted and what he saw in me. He believes in me and it’s a perfect fit for me.”

Born in Bristol, De Cordova-Reid started his career with Bristol City, progressing through the club’s youth ranks to make his senior debut for the Robins on the final day of the 2010/11 campaign. 

LCFC MEN Video published 1 hr 6 mins ago Video duration 03:19
'I'll Give My All For The Club'
New Leicester City signing Bobby De Cordova-Reid speaks after completing his move to King Power Stadium.

After loan spells at Cheltenham Town, Oldham Athletic and Plymouth Argyle, he established himself at Ashton Gate, and was named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year in 2017/18 after netting 19 league goals. 

In June 2018, he signed for Premier League side Cardiff City, scoring five times in 15 starts, before a loan switch to Fulham followed in August 2019. 

De Cordova-Reid made his move to Craven Cottage permanent in January 2020 and has since represented the club on 209 occasions. 

Internationally, the player has won 33 caps for Jamaica, featuring for his country at the 2021 and 2023 CONCACAF Gold Cup, along with this summer’s Copa América tournament. 

Having recently returned from international duty, Bobby will link up with his new team-mates in the coming weeks. 

https://www.extratime.com/articles/33993/former-leicester-city-defender-shane-flynn-completes-transfer-to-waterford/

Former Leicester City defender Shane Flynn completes transfer to Waterford
Andrew Dempsey Thu, Jul 11 2024
None
Credit: Hugh de Paor (ETPhotos)

facebook sharing buttontwitter sharing buttonwhatsapp sharing buttonmessenger sharing buttonpinterest sharing buttonsharethis sharing button
Waterford have completed the acquisition of defender Shane Flynn following the wing-back’s departure from Leicester City. 

Dubliner Flynn, 22, spent the last six years with Leicester after joining the Foxes in 2018 from Bray Wanderers. 

He was part of Leicester’s match-day squads in the Europa League in 2021 and was also among the subs for their Premier League clash with Brighton at the Amex Stadium in March of that year.

The 22-year-old made 48 appearances for Leicester City’s Premier League 2 side, along with over 20 games in the U18 Premier League.

• Like 2

On 10/06/2024 at 13:04, davieG said:

Post in here for any changes / corrections - thanks.

bored and pedantic but

'or' not 'ro'

and Iestyn not Lestyn

...you're welcome :P

27 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

bored and pedantic but

'or' not 'ro'

and Iestyn not Lestyn

...you're welcome :P

Thanks I'd spotted the 'ro' as for the Iestyn I sure I copied and pasted that from the Merc, so no surprise really.

• Like 1

Updated OP

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4056998/wilfred-ndidi-extends-leicester-city-stay?lang=en

Wilfred Ndidi Extends Leicester City Stay

Long-serving Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has signed a new deal with the Football Club, keeping him at King Power Stadium until at least June 2027, subject to Premier League approval.

- Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi signs new deal to 2027 
- The 27-year-old joined from Belgian side Genk in January 2017 
- The Nigeria international has made 273 for City, scoring 17 goals 
- Ndidi has won the FA Cup, Charity Shield and Championship with the Foxes 

The tough tackling and combative midfielder, who was a key part of the team that won promotion to the Premier League as Championship winners last season, has made 273 appearances for City in all competitions, scoring 17 goals. 

Since joining from Belgian side Genk in January 2017, the Nigeria international has lifted the Emirates FA Cup, FA Community Shield and most recently, the Championship title with the Club. His new contract would extend his stay at Leicester City beyond a decade.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Ndidi said: “I feel great, I feel excited, I feel at home. That’s the most important thing. I feel really happy to continue with the Club. My family is settled here and everyone back home, when they say Ndidi, they say Leicester also! It’s really amazing to be a part of this journey going forward.”

LCFC MEN Video published 28 mins ago Video duration 04:14

Ndidi Eager For More At City
Wilfred Ndidi talks his new contract at Leicester City after penning a new deal this week.

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Ndidi began his career with Nathanial Boys, before moving to Europe to join Genk, where he impressed with his performances in the Belgian First Division A and UEFA Europa League, resulting in a move to Filbert Way in January 2017. 

He made his debut for City in a 2-1 victory against Everton at Goodison Park and in a sensational first campaign, was named Young Player of the Year after just four months with the Football Club, as well as representing the team in the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League.

Ndidi’s performances continued to impress, and he would again win the Club’s Young Player of the Year Award on the way to helping the Club earn back-to-back fifth place finishes in the Premier League and lift both the FA Cup and Community Shield in the years that followed.

At international level, Ndidi’s talents have also been recognised. He has won 58 caps with Nigeria, including those earned while representing the Super Eagles at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.   

He’ll now rejoin his Leicester City team-mates in preparation for the opening Premier League game of the season against Tottenham Hotspur at King Power Stadium on Monday 19 August.

• Like 1

OP Updated

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4057603/abdul-fatawu-signs-permanent-leicester-city-deal?lang=en

Abdul Fatawu Signs Permanent Leicester City Deal

Leicester City Football Club is thrilled to announce the permanent signing of exciting young winger Abdul Fatawu from Sporting Lisbon for an undisclosed fee.

ore on this story...

- Abdul Fatawu makes Leicester City move permanent
- Ghana international made 43 appearances in all competitions for the Foxes
- He scored seven goals, including a hat-trick against Southampton

Full league and international clearance for the transfer has now been received after the Football Club trigged an option to buy the player from the Portuguese champions with effect from 1 July.

The 20-year-old Ghana international impressed on loan at King Power Stadium last season, helping City to the Sky Bet Championship title and promotion to the Premier League, and has now signed a five-year contract with the Football Club.

Abdul made 43 appearances for the Foxes in all competitions last season, scoring seven goals, including his first career hat-trick in a 5-0 win against Southampton on Filbert Way. He quickly established himself as a favourite amongst the Blue Army.

The Football Club collaborated with local band and Foxes fans, The Mercians as part of the announcement for Abdul’s signing. The Coalville-based band performed their own special version of the Blue Army’s famous Fatawu chant, surprising him with a special rendition at King Power Stadium. 

LCFC MEN Video published 14 mins ago Video duration 02:47

Fatawu On Joining The Foxes!
Abdul Fatawu sits down to discuss his permanent move to Leicester City this summer.

Speaking to Foxes Hub, Fatawu said: “I feel amazing. It’s so good to be back and I’m just back to focus again for next season. I feel so much motivation to be in the Premier League. It’s something new to me. I’m going to go hard for that, with the team. I can’t wait to see [my team-mates]. I’ve missed them so much. They are like a family now. I didn’t think I’d miss some of them, but when I went away, I was really missing them! I can’t wait to see them.”

Born in the Ghanaian city of Tamale, Fatawu started his senior career with Steadfast FC, where his impressive displays earned him a loan move to Ghanaian Premier Division side Dreams FC in October 2021.

The talented winger, who is considered one of his country’s most exciting prospects, continued his fine form before switching to Sporting Lisbon in April 2022. 

He made his senior debut for the Portuguese side against Rio Ave in August 2022 and featured in their UEFA Champions League campaign that term. 

Fatawu enjoyed international success in March 2021 when he helped Ghana’s Under-20 team to win the Africa Under-20 Cup of Nations, where he was named player of the tournament. 

At senior level, he has represented his country on 19 occasions, featuring in the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, and more recently in the Africa Cup of Nations.

He will reunite with his Leicester City team-mates as preparations continue for the Premier League opener against Tottenham Hotspur on Monday 19 August.

On 12/07/2024 at 15:04, davieG said:

Updated OP

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4056998/wilfred-ndidi-extends-leicester-city-stay?lang=en

Wilfred Ndidi Extends Leicester City Stay

Long-serving Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has signed a new deal with the Football Club, keeping him at King Power Stadium until at least June 2027, subject to Premier League approval.

- Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi signs new deal to 2027 
- The 27-year-old joined from Belgian side Genk in January 2017 
- The Nigeria international has made 273 for City, scoring 17 goals 
- Ndidi has won the FA Cup, Charity Shield and Championship with the Foxes 

The tough tackling and combative midfielder, who was a key part of the team that won promotion to the Premier League as Championship winners last season, has made 273 appearances for City in all competitions, scoring 17 goals. 

Since joining from Belgian side Genk in January 2017, the Nigeria international has lifted the Emirates FA Cup, FA Community Shield and most recently, the Championship title with the Club. His new contract would extend his stay at Leicester City beyond a decade.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Ndidi said: “I feel great, I feel excited, I feel at home. That’s the most important thing. I feel really happy to continue with the Club. My family is settled here and everyone back home, when they say Ndidi, they say Leicester also! It’s really amazing to be a part of this journey going forward.”

LCFC MEN Video published 28 mins ago Video duration 04:14

Ndidi Eager For More At City
Wilfred Ndidi talks his new contract at Leicester City after penning a new deal this week.

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Ndidi began his career with Nathanial Boys, before moving to Europe to join Genk, where he impressed with his performances in the Belgian First Division A and UEFA Europa League, resulting in a move to Filbert Way in January 2017. 

He made his debut for City in a 2-1 victory against Everton at Goodison Park and in a sensational first campaign, was named Young Player of the Year after just four months with the Football Club, as well as representing the team in the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League.

Ndidi’s performances continued to impress, and he would again win the Club’s Young Player of the Year Award on the way to helping the Club earn back-to-back fifth place finishes in the Premier League and lift both the FA Cup and Community Shield in the years that followed.

At international level, Ndidi’s talents have also been recognised. He has won 58 caps with Nigeria, including those earned while representing the Super Eagles at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.   

He’ll now rejoin his Leicester City team-mates in preparation for the opening Premier League game of the season against Tottenham Hotspur at King Power Stadium on Monday 19 August.

There is no way Ndidi is 27, more like 31

20 hours ago, Frances Dempsey said:

First game back tonight after nearly 18 months and he was motm!! Delighted for Shane. He deserves a break after all his hard work.

He was excellent. A bright spark in a pretty poor quality game!!

He's also engaging with the fans, so he's doing well to settle in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/08/2024 at 10:38, FosseSpark said:

Nice to see Souttar working his magic at Sheffield Utd. Completely leaving his man in the six yard box to prod home from a corner. Dogger defending from the big man.

Love the comment in the replies about it been from lockdown period.