Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

PL 24/25 Fixtures

Whatever happens we end playing all the teams twice but I do think overall the fixture computer has been reasonably kind to us as in every calendar month we have very winnable fixtures so hopefully this means we don’t go on too many morale draining long runs of games where we aren’t picking up points. 

The run in is reasonably kind however if we do get a honking deduction then it does present the opportunity that we could get relegated at the Shitty Ground 😩

Liverpool away boxing day /  Man city on the 29th Dec (+ AFCON) again, Sounds familiar doesn't it ?

Also we have many winnable games at the very end of the season, we might have some hope if we could have had these earlier in 2025 but they're scheduled for a time whereby we'll most likely already relegated. The PL really have it in for us & we still dont know what our starting points deficit will be ?

All home games will probably moved to a Monday night or Sunday morning when the atmosphere is shite & people struggle to get to games.

On 18/06/2024 at 22:22, ajthefox said:

Liverpool away again on boxing day, the one game of the season I'm guaranteed not to be up here.

That happens so often, its so obvious the draw isnt random.  Also close to Man City game, hmm thats never happened before has it.  :frantics:

Edited by Chrysalis

On 18/06/2024 at 14:50, KansasFox said:

There home games are in London. Think the point is all their away games are too!

Err...yes I do realise.  It was an attempt at humour.  Obviously a fail!

13 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

That happens so often, its so obvious the draw isnt random.  Also close to Man City game, hmm thats never happened before has it.  :frantics:

I don't think they've ever claimed it's random. There's a huge amount of logic and planning around the fixtures and it just makes sense for teams to play at certain times of year.

We played Liverpool on Boxing Day in 1994 (H), 1996 (A), 2015 (A), 2019 (H) and 2024 (A). There's clearly a reason, similar to why we've played Ipswich Town a lot in January over the years.

Everyone is so pathetically quick to throw a tin hat and shout conspiracy for no reason when in fact it falls that way for a reason.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I don't think they've ever claimed it's random. There's a huge amount of logic and planning around the fixtures and it just makes sense for teams to play at certain times of year.

We played Liverpool on Boxing Day in 1994 (H), 1996 (A), 2015 (A), 2019 (H) and 2024 (A). There's clearly a reason, similar to why we've played Ipswich Town a lot in January over the years.

Everyone is so pathetically quick to throw a tin hat and shout conspiracy for no reason when in fact it falls that way for a reason.

Just never going to keep everyone happy . Just the way of the world.

16 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Welcome to what is known as....the Internet 

Edited by fox_favourite

On 18/06/2024 at 09:40, Finnegan said:

I'm always a bit anxious when a run in is that kind. 

It means your fixtures are probably stacked earlier on, it's OK having the games coming up to get you out of trouble but psychologically it's not great to be in trouble in the first place and that's far more likely if your easier fixtures aren't til later in the cycle. 

Sounds like 10 years ago to me. The only rich 6 team we played in that final 9 game run was Chelsea. I think we lost 4-3 was it at Spurs immediately before that West Ham game but then it was the likes of West Ham, Southampton, Swansea, Sunderland, Newcastle (when they were awful), Burnley, West Brom and QPR. Literally played the bottom half of the league there!

And sure enough, we had fallen behind maybe due to the balance of the fixtures. 

10 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Bournemouth away will be very popular this season due to the time of year I reckon. 

Anybody know what band Man United away usually sells out to? Never been before and would quite like to tick it off the list this year

Last time we played at Old Trafford it went to all STH , because me & my lad managed to get tickets. Wasn't many at that band because I remember he was online bang on 8am & managed to get 2. It was Sunday at 2 pm , which I believe somebody has mentioned it will be this season because it's after a European week & they will be playing on the Thursday.

Last season I had all of our fixtures automatically dropped into my diary 

I cannot remember whether this was from Leicester City link or Sky Sports.

Can anyone let me know where best to get such a link as it's really useful 

12 hours ago, demon_dog said:

Last season I had all of our fixtures automatically dropped into my diary 

I cannot remember whether this was from Leicester City link or Sky Sports.

Can anyone let me know where best to get such a link as it's really useful 

From Sky Sports:

https://www.skysports.com/leicester-city-fixtures

Click Add to Calendar on this page. 

Slightly different for Android which uses Google Calendars:

Using Google Calendar

Go to https://www.google.com/calendar

If you are not already, log in with your Google account.

On the left of the page, pull down the option 'Other Calendars'

Select 'Add by URL'

Paste the URL in the box entitled 'Add by URL' (change webcal:// to http:// if the former does not work correctly)

Do not tick "Make this calendar publically accessible" - Sky Sports calendars are already publicly accessible via http://www1.skysports.com/calendars

Your subscribed calendar information will download into your calendar and continue to automatically update periodically.

Each subscribed calendar will appear under 'Other Calendars' and you can pull down the options menu to change the colour of events, create notifications, or hid e the calendar.

• Thanks 1

On 20/06/2024 at 11:51, Footballwipe said:

I think you are quick to claim people are claiming conspiracy, I merely said its questionable that its random.

The EPL are free to explain the rationale behind the repeated fixture patterns.