Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

If there is one supporter group who is not worried about that then it would be them. l’m assuming you did you read some of the groups posts on the £25 stuff, possible points deductions and looked up in the stands at Stoke and Preston?

Yeah no 100%. They are the group with the balls to do it which is why I’ve mentioned them. But I know there’s always been a bit of hesitancy with this stuff and understandably so with the section and keeping them on side etc but think it’s gone past that stage now. 

57 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

See that’s the circle.. season tickets will get fed up but I as a member can’t wait to get a season ticket as I’d much rather be paying those prices to what i and all members are paying now.. 

But whilst you may replace st holders the former st holders won't replace existing members cos the prices are so ridiculous. Which probably results in st prices slowly rising to make up the shortfall anyway. 

I'm absolutely gutted seeing those prices. I've always been one that didn't mind spending a little bit more to go to games as it was a day out with me and the boy, however looking at these prices I am not sure if I'll be taking him this season.

It's been tough the last year and a bit to get down with pressures on spending and less disposable income but I've managed a few here and there. Looking at those prices, plus the memberships on top of it all, I'm not sure if I can justify it. In fact I know I can't justify it.

Feel at a loss with the club yet again and also really sad my little boy won't get the same experiences I had and won't have that same bond and passion for the club as financially, it now feels like a step above where we are in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As a now none ST holder that is the end of the road for the occasional home game for me.

Going to city home games has been in the family for 3 generations and that is the type of bond the club is breaking with this price structure. But ultimately no matter what money you earn it’s hard to justify that price for a single football game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Think it's time for UFS to organise a match boycott. Pick a game, and encourage everyone to not go. Just have a couple of lads in SK1 with a massive banner saying something along the lines of "Top, Stuff Your Ticket Prices". Would be great if it was a TV game as well, so we get national coverage. Realise it won't happen, but would be a terrific statement, and may make the club actually take notice.

After 69 years supporting the club, 'through the good times and the bad', I'm seriously considering binning it off. 2 tickets, fuel, beers and food will be costing me best part of £200, plus 10 hours of my time, to watch turgid tippy tappy football (assuming we actually get the ball!) and us get spanked most weeks.

Norwich supporters tried that. But with the majority of the ground season tickets it made little difference. Especially when it comes down to attendance figures because as a season ticket holder you are counted as ever present even when you are not.

No, it is all down to supply and demand. They can so they will. 

Ipswich have had recent times where we only had 12k there. The management is determined to have a full ground of support and so we have lower prices.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ren said:

As a now none ST holder that is the end of the road for the occasional home game for me.

Going to city home games has been in the family for 3 generations and that is the type of bond the club is breaking with this price structure. But ultimately no matter what money you earn it’s hard to justify that price for a single football game.

This is it. I've seen people say it's XYZ for gig tickets but I don't see the equivalent.

Let's say Bruce Springsteen at £80 or so. You'll get him for 2 hours, plus a support and guaranteed entertainment.

£60 to watch a football game that might be absolutely dreadful, your team lose and only has 60 minutes of in play action is poor VFM. 

That's before you get to £30 admin fee.

• Like 4

I'm pretty much certain that Vichai wouldn't have let things get to anywhere near this disconection between us and the club......sad to say it's all gone down hill since he tragically left us.

• Like 1

I think maybe a compiled document of fan testimony on the disgraceful price rise pricing out people could cut through a bit too. Hopeful I know, but possibly if they were presented it in case studies it could strengthen the criticism of it.

9 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I think maybe a compiled document of fan testimony on the disgraceful price rise pricing out people could cut through a bit too. Hopeful I know, but possibly if they were presented it in case studies it could strengthen the criticism of it.

It'll never make its way to the eyes it needs to get to, though.

They'll have King Power toadies all the way through the middle management structure that'll read it and file it under 'not for Top consumption'. Even if it got to him, anyway, it's only the voices of the type of 'profile' that he doesn't want in his club. Tilting at windmills.

I think the only thing that would get through to this administration of charlatans would be something that damages the brand of King Power. And I think that kind of action is beyond our fan-base.

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

It'll never make its way to the eyes it needs to get to, though.

They'll have King Power toadies all the way through the middle management structure that'll read it and file it under 'not for Top consumption'. Even if it got to him, anyway, it's only the voices of the type of 'profile' that he doesn't want in his club. Tilting at windmills.

I think the only thing that would get through to this administration of charlatans would be something that damages the brand of King Power. And I think that kind of action is beyond our fan-base.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Find it maddening the blank cheque that the majority of the fanbase allow the hierarchy on stuff like this. They get such an easy ride. 

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. Find it maddening the blank cheque that the majority of the fanbase allow the hierarchy on stuff like this. They get such an easy ride. 

Along the lines of :

Printing out as many fake notes as possible and littering them everywhere around the KP during the opening game of the season. It's on TV, I think, so it would be a talking point. Scatter them around the garbage 'matchday experience arena' or whatever, in the concourse, confetti the players and manager with them as they come out, chuck them all over the VIP entrance. Make it clear we know what they want.

It would make some noise about the club negatively and that's the only thing this administration would respond to. They don't care about the people of the club only the perception of the owners. It would need to be kept up over time and sustained. We've been fed this 'Thai people are big on respect' style narrative surrounding the ownership and I think that the fans have been SO respectful of them. But if they're big on respect then it's not being shown of the lifeblood of the club at all. This isn't reciprocal. It seems an upward funnel.

I don't think our fanbase have that appetite and owners think that, also. That's part of the problem.

Edited by foxile5

The overall extended profit that the club will get is so minimal compared to losing a future fan base.  **** paying £72 for a game of football!!

Absoloute rip off!!  Lets see how many empty seats there will be next season if we are not doing well.

42 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Also, gigs and concerts aren't comparable to being a football fan.  You may see a concert as a one off but you wouldn't go to see Bruce Springsteen every other Saturday and a weds night thrown in, like you would following football. 

Er….seen Springsteen five times since May last year ( The 6th at Wembley on the Thursday in July and I’m already considering the Saturday night!) …. I would be tempted if it was logistically possible. :rolleyes:

Clubs would prefer occasional visitors to spend loads of money rather than season tickets and members. The occasional visitor would happily spend 2x/3 what a season ticket holder would, for the same seat, plus they'll also spend some cash in the shop to buy merch.

This is what all top leagues clubs are doing.

It's sadly the inevitability of modern football - and the downside of having what people brag about "the best league in the world...". It's the most expensive league.

So many clubs officials feel they have reached their “commercial ceiling” on matchdays so the plan seems to be to fleece those going, remove all concessions or to find new fans.

I don’t like it, but kind of understand that approach if you are in London or somewhere like that with massive demand. It’s madness that those in charge here think they can whack those prices up at all, let alone at a time when people can’t even heat their homes or feed families and think that if they can’t come there will be an endless queue of folk trying to get to Leicester games. It’s nearly ten years since we failed to capitalise on winning the league, there is no queue of fans dying to watch us. Half of us CBA with it so what on earth are they thinking.

As UFS point out it’s a short term gain. 

It’s heartbreaking that our club has become so tone deaf and arrogant.

The arrogance to compare us to other clubs when those running the club can’t even do their own jobs and clearly can’t even manage our own finances is mind blowing.

Incompetence, arrogance, ignorance and a shit show.

Edited by RYM