Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

One way to protest is boycott the food and drink kiosks in the ground....loads of people will whinge about ticket prices yet chug down 3 pints of p*ss and have a hot dog hanging out their gob most home games. Save yourself £25 a match there!

West Ham United's fan groups have called upon their supporters to do the same as they have stopped concession prices for children and OAPs in certain areas of the ground. The latter being forced into the most inaccessible parts of the stadium (up huge stairwells)

I think it's the way to go. 

2 minutes ago, RYM said:

Similar mentality to those that said "Boris was trying his best" and could see no wrong.

If people have never struggled in life they are less likely to have empathy. Same as the suits that make these decisions. 

I get all that, Top and his buddies have never had to worry about affording to take their kids to the football.  What I don’t understand are the people defending them that aren’t well off - another example of turkeys voting for Christmas which pretty much sums up the past 15 years in Britain. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Didn't Wolves have similar with their season ticket prices and the club back tracked after uproar from the fans? 

Wouldn't happen here of course 

Yeah. Caused a revision of the prices. 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

West Ham United's fan groups have called upon their supporters to do the same as they have stopped concession prices for children and OAPs in certain areas of the ground. The latter being forced into the most inaccessible parts of the stadium (up huge stairwells)

It's not hard is it, trouble is it's the english culture to chomp through beer and food constantly, no wonder everyone is obese.

Grab some food and a couple of cans on the way to the ground if you are that desperate.  

Just now, Mint23 said:

I get all that, Top and his buddies have never had to worry about affording to take their kids to the football.  What I don’t understand are the people defending them that aren’t well off - another example of turkeys voting for Christmas which pretty much sums up the past 15 years in Britain. 

Bang on. I had someone on twitter say they were happy they were rewarding season ticket holders!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Depends on the dynamic of the catering agreement with Compass. At Donny we used them and had a clause that was numbers attending and sales based which would hit the club if not met (that's why you see false crowds announced so much in the EFL). I don't know what that would look like at LCFC as it's pretty much full each week. That said I think any reduced spend is worth it so yeah agree.

Edited by RYM

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Find that sad to be honest. 

I know countless season ticket holders who can sustain £40 to £50 pounds a month and now they'd like to start taking their children to games.

They can't because that's another £50 on top plus membership fees, plus any costs for moving your ST team for a game (or getting another adult to sit next to them). We've gone in this decision that being about c£60-70 to £100. A choice doesn't feel fair when it's all but forced upon you. 

Had four kids....5-0 at home to Fleetwood, Rotherham, Newport, Peterborough, Carling Cup, FA Cup they went to loads of them, and at greatly reduced prices.....

16 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You've just touched on the other point here - relegation. These are prices for what is likely to be pretty bleak viewing on the pitch.

I think it's entirely plausible we go back below 30k this season for a game. Imagine that Southampton game 3rd May, already relegated, moved to Sunday 2pm. Yeah you know what I really fancy not spending £50+ on?

We need a change of ownership. The reasonable season ticket prices had become one of the only redeeming features. These prices are so disgraceful that you can't give them any leeway on that anymore - closed shop and a ground full of people who are clinging on to avoid making their way back via this route. Totally tired fanbase yet one that wrongly feels indebted to these plonkers. It's miserable stuff. Total total shit.

And the knock on effect will be that the players bear the brunt of the anger. This squad is pretty likeable, they will be hard working but limited with points handicaps and will take a few beatings, mostly in the matches where fans pay the top prices so the frustration will grow and aimed away from the deserving targets.

Although it wouldn't be unusual action for some of our fans, a protest first game of the season would be fantastic, particularly as we're on telly and Top will likely be there would embarrass him in front of his rich mates.

A mass walk out in the 72nd minute, as that is the most expensive single match day seat for a member, with chants etc. People will say it could affect the players and the game, but this goes beyond a single result, we need to show these charlatans that are running the club that this is our club, and there is a real possibility that King Power leave the club in a worse state than they found it which if you told me 5 years ago was a possibility I would have laughed at you. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Although it wouldn't be unusual action for some of our fans, a protest first game of the season would be fantastic, particularly as we're on telly and Top will likely be there would embarrass him in front of his rich mates.

A mass walk out in the 72nd minute, as that is the most expensive single match day seat for a member, with chants etc. People will say it could affect the players and the game, but this goes beyond a single result, we need to show these charlatans that are running the club that this is our club, and there is a real possibility that King Power leave the club in a worse state than they found it which if you told me 5 years ago was a possibility I would have laughed at you. 

... Wrong thread

Edited by Chelmofox

40 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

What would you deem a success 50% out?

Not got a season ticket but an internet scan came up with the below. We still look very favourable compared to most. Unless I have out of date data? 

image.thumb.png.aa3884c08684aa9dde1acb5a7a4443a0.png

image.thumb.png.1e388dbc5cc62b08b08ee76950a1cfe0.png

Edited by Mullet1

I don't get this comparison with other clubs. If Arsenal offered tickets for a fiver, Crystal Palace for a tenner and Leicester charged £20, I'd still want to watch Leicester. Nobody on here who is saying they can't/ won't pay the price is claiming they will go to watch a similar level club.

We should judge it is what we think is fair value for what we offer, not against what clubs with larger fanbases in different areas of the country make you pay.

We, in all likelihood, will be charging £72 to watch a bottom of the table team.

Not that I will buy a pint now there but I have noticed that every single season they have increased the price. I swear last season it was £6.25 a pint not 100% though. Now with pricing generally coming down or at least holding for most products it’ll be interesting if they increase that again. Surely you just can’t go beyond £6.25 for a pint of shite lager in Leicester? Hold this post and we can revisit first game to see what’s happened. 

11 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

I really think this has to be done. Time to stop the happy clapping and letting the club wipe their feet on the fans as if we are a doormat.

A proper vociferous protest with large numbers is necessary. I'm in.

Edited by 1972 Fox

8 hours ago, WorcesterBlue said:

Norwich supporters tried that. But with the majority of the ground season tickets it made little difference. Especially when it comes down to attendance figures because as a season ticket holder you are counted as ever present even when you are not.

No, it is all down to supply and demand. They can so they will. 

Ipswich have had recent times where we only had 12k there. The management is determined to have a full ground of support and so we have lower prices.

The thing is once they’ve fleeced the match ticket buying fan as much as they can they’ll be coming for us season ticket holders, guaranteed.

It’s absolutely essential that season ticket holders protest against this as much as everyone else, if not more so. I have a season ticket and would absolutely back a boycott or something like a 1st minute walkout. 

Great response from ufs, the supporters groups should be making a big noise about this, banners outside the training ground, the stadium, get the local mps involved. 

If you sit back because it only works out at £25 a game on your season ticket don’t complain when in a few years times you’re wondering how it’s suddenly £35/40. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Any banners can’t just be left to UFS. Everyone can make one.

Yes agree, didn’t make that bit clear, supporters groups can use their social media platforms as ufs have done tonight, supporters in general need to make banners and litter the place with them. 

It's just the next thing in the long list of things that continue to drives a wedge between the club and the fans 

I wonder the number of fans who this has tipped them over the edge, either to not continuing to go or to those convinced not to start going 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Not that I will buy a pint now there but I have noticed that every single season they have increased the price. I swear last season it was £6.25 a pint not 100% though. Now with pricing generally coming down or at least holding for most products it’ll be interesting if they increase that again. Surely you just can’t go beyond £6.25 for a pint of shite lager in Leicester? Hold this post and we can revisit first game to see what’s happened. 

Yet there will be queues 10 deep to get one? 

I can’t get my head round it - unless you are alcohol dependent