Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

53 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The facebook comments are full of I'm alright Jack types.

I've just been scrolling through this exact comment thread and it's actually massively disheartening... quoting FFP and previous price freezes as justification for a whole demographic of our fan base literally unable to afford to support their club any longer. No wonder the fans get fleeced when the bulk response on there is to follow like sheep and 'fvck the fans that aren't as well off as me'

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I guess it comes down to the majority of our fans that are quite happy to pay more, and the rest will moan but buy them anyway.

Pretty much. Standard wimpy English behaviour.

• Like 1

Some of these people can't seem to be able to separate being a passionate Leicester fan and supporting the clubs decisions no matter what. They're actively supporting (in my opinion) an absolutely ridiculous and unwarranted rise in ticket prices, out of 'love' for their club, but they are failing to recognise how much this will negatively impact fellow supporters who cannot afford the increased costs.

I know lots of people who haven't been able to go over the last couple of years, I've been a lot less myself the last 2 seasons and this years prices will only prolong that. Will these same people still be so supportive in 5/10 years when we've hardly got a fanbase as all the kids are into other teams, different sports or just have no association whatsoever with their local team?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Some of these people can't seem to be able to separate being a passionate Leicester fan and supporting the clubs decisions no matter what. They're actively supporting (in my opinion) an absolutely ridiculous and unwarranted rise in ticket prices, out of 'love' for their club, but they are failing to recognise how much this will negatively impact fellow supporters who cannot afford the increased costs.

I know lots of people who haven't been able to go over the last couple of years, I've been a lot less myself the last 2 seasons and this years prices will only prolong that. Will these same people still be so supportive in 5/10 years when we've hardly got a fanbase as all the kids are into other teams, different sports or just have no association whatsoever with their local team?

You also see the same names who repeatedly come on to usually bash the group which to be honest they can if they wish but when they totally miss the collective point here it is just quite sad to see.

• Like 3

Absolutely grim all these fans justifying these ticket prices.

Really ****ing annoys me. Football in this country is a complete piss take and weve got fans defending massive price rises.

Edited by adam
  • Like 2

99% of season ticket holders would have started on a game by game basis. Making match day tickets unaffordable further puts off a new generation - it could have been any of us ostracised financially if we were born 10, 20, 30, 40 years later.

There's a small part of me that hopes we're properly ****ed one day so the ghouls at the club get their comeuppance one day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ticket revenue should not be included in FFP. It gives clubs an excuse to make ticket prices extoroniate in order to generate extra income in order to compete. Needs to be looked at urgently

Agreed, it does next to nothing when you consider the actual earnings across a season generated by ticket sales, but gives clubs the opportunity at a thinly veiled up yours to the fans who will be easily replaced by the tourist fan spending X amount in the fanstore each week, sad state of affairs really 

4 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ticket revenue should not be included in FFP. It gives clubs an excuse to make ticket prices extoroniate in order to generate extra income in order to compete. Needs to be looked at urgently

The ridiculousness of it all, is that ticket prices are tiny tiny fraction of turnover in the premier league. You just don’t need to do it, I could actually understand it more in the championship when ticket income is your biggest income (barring parachute payments). 

Promlem is you have plonkers employed (not fans) who probably get a bonus the more they increase turnover in their little section of the club. Incentivising them to push for price rises at the expense of the average fan.

I know costs have gone up ridiculously everywhere, the clubs running costs outside wages etc are probably up 30/40% in the last two or three years. But still, don’t exploit your fanbase when you have no need to.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, adam said:

Absolutely grim all these fans justifying these ticket prices.

Really ****ing annoys me. Football in this country is a complete piss take and weve got fans defending massive price rises.

Anyone defending a 30-40% price rise can FOAD, in the words of our greatest ever manager. 

They aren’t fans, they’re cvnts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Same here. I always looked forward to the chance to take kids if I ever had them, like my dad took me.

Now that will probably never happen, or at best be once in a blue moon. Cvnts.

The club and the other bastards running football are slowly cutting off the ability of supporting and going to football being passed down to future generations.

Seagrave is harder to get tickets to to watch reserves. And match tickets are behind numerous ridiculous pay walls and then stupidly expensive. 

Everything will come crashing down soon enough 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The club and the other bastards running football are slowly cutting off the ability of supporting and going to football being passed down to future generations.

Seagrave is harder to get tickets to to watch reserves. And match tickets are behind numerous ridiculous pay walls and then stupidly expensive. 

Everything will come crashing down soon enough 

In ten years time there will be a missing generation. Not that should matter to King Power when they have rigged another few years at the airports and dodged the next political uprising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

In ten years time there will be a missing generation. Not that should matter to King Power when they have rigged another few years at the airports and dodged the next political uprising.

see this is where i don't think i agree. It is just pushing the tickets to the high earners / top 10% its exactly what football clubs want. It will be their kids that end up in the stands. 

Football will be come a game for the rich in the stands and the average fan pumping more money into SKY to be able to watch their clubs. 

Bar to the odd expectation no top flight club care about their fans. 

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

see this is where i don't think i agree. It is just pushing the tickets to the high earners / top 10% its exactly what football clubs want. It will be their kids that end up in the stands. 

Football will be come a game for the rich in the stands and the average fan pumping more money into SKY to be able to watch their clubs. 

Bar to the odd expectation no top flight club care about their fans. 

There'll be a missing generation of "normal" match going fans. Those than can afford will still attend or have been able to get their kids invested. 

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

There'll be a missing generation of "normal" match going fans. Those than can afford will still attend or have been able to get their kids invested. 

yeah nail on the head. Football just doesnt want 'the normal fan' they want the shirt wearing, food buying rich that pump money in and buy in to the lies told by the clubs.