Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

Unlike the £25 charge, I sense that non-director level staff members at the club aren’t even trying to defend the price increases judging by the communication I’ve had with them over the last couple of days regarding this. They seem genuinely empathetic and have the undertones of people who are as unhappy about the increases as the average fan (they too could be fans themselves, I don’t know). 

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Unlike the £25 charge, I sense that non-director level staff members at the club aren’t even trying to defend the price increases judging by the communication I’ve had with them over the last couple of days regarding this. They seem genuinely empathetic and have the undertones of people who are as unhappy about the increases as the average fan (they too could be fans themselves, I don’t know). 

Anything you’d mind sharing?

7 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I dared myself to have a read of the comments on facebook defending the huge rise in ticket prices and it was really disheartening. A lot of, not just defending the club but also praising the club for doing this and that we had to do it because of the financial situation the club finds itself in at the moment. But why are we in this financial situation? Who is responsible for this situation? The same people at the club they are praising. It almost beggars belief.

Been having this argument  with one of the Facebook warriors  today. Apparently  I'm a knuckle dragger  for calling the board out 😆 

Alas, football for the average working man is no longer what the Premier League serves up.

I will always follow the club, but the kind of support I used to enjoy giving in years gone by just doesn't make sense anymore.

You will see me down Stamford AFC more often.

Edited by Metal Lover
  • Like 2

I accept football is an expensive interest/hobby.  It has been for a number of years.  It's just been pushed to rinsing everyone for every last penny.  I hate it but I also accept clubs are run as a business and want to make a profit but it's being taken for an absolute cxnt I can't take.  Having someone blatantly taking the p*ss shamelessly and try to dress it up as value.  It's like the shirts on another thread.  150 quid for some of them.  And the argument is you don't have to buy one.  Fair enough but they are made of some sh1tty nylon and they could make a profit at, I would guess, 30 odd quid but no, they have the attitude of ....these football supporters are proper stupid tw*ts let's rinse them, they will pay it.  And some do.  It's incredible.  Same with the match by match tickets.  They make up a tiny amount of total income but so what.....if the average non rich pleb wants to watch then he will have to cut back in other areas of life. Awww shame, be rich then, that's who we want.  Sit down shut up, do as your told and spend loads.  Fxck off. And fxck off premier league.  And breathe 

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Thanks 1

Football clubs need to be stopped from ever increasing player wages pushing up the cost to fans. Salary cap needed.

I mean people can play the "business" argument in terms of covering losses, but a sensible business with our recent record would have at least attempted to reduce expenses a little bit! Can't be right that so many in the PL are running at big losses.

• Like 4

As with the whole general sale stuff earlier last season, just further goes to show how much contempt Top has towards the fans. 

I used to be down every week as a kid (we are talking early 00’s here, Micky Adams time) and all through after that. Life then gets in the way and I stepped back but around the time the club took this new path let’s call it. Now I haven’t given the club a penny of my money for a number of years as I fundamentally disagree with every move they seem to make. I will never take my daughter down there either.

As others have said, whilst there are so many people with no principles and happy to piss their money away of these prices, nothing will change.

Of course it is physically impossible to want anything but success for the club, to win games and stay up and re-establish ourselves in the top flight. But to echo a couple of other posters, I have a morbid curiosity about if we were to go down again and stay down and end up in a position circa 2004-2008, what would happen? 

• Like 2

I get some people are upset but the reality is the price point is about right for the times and the anticipated product. The club has for many years got pricing wrong, 8 seasons without price hikes put the prices artificially low and when you do an adjustment like this the optics are bad. The pricing is badly constructed. I can see no reason to give discounts for Under 22, Under 18 and Under 16 they should all be full price and that might be revenue that could be used to balance out fair value elsewhere. I question the under 12’s we may discount family stand and other fans are excluded there so it’s enough no discounts elsewhere in the ground. The over 65’s of which I am one should be means tested. Anyone with income above the state pension should pay full price. This of course will not be popular with the what about my kids and what about the next generation? There is no proven connection between discounts and long term retention the world changed. The real culprits in pricing are the players and their agents. The salaries and bonuses are what is pricing fans out of games but most give their sainted heroes a pass. Their greed drives bad decisions at the FA, EPL, EFL and then club management. If it’s about the football we should all be happy with playing in League One but secretly we all want to watch the cream of the game. Well guess what these days that costs simple.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

I get some people are upset but the reality is the price point is about right for the times and the anticipated product. The club has for many years got pricing wrong, 8 seasons without price hikes put the prices artificially low and when you do an adjustment like this the optics are bad. The pricing is badly constructed. I can see no reason to give discounts for Under 22, Under 18 and Under 16 they should all be full price and that might be revenue that could be used to balance out fair value elsewhere. I question the under 12’s we may discount family stand and other fans are excluded there so it’s enough no discounts elsewhere in the ground. The over 65’s of which I am one should be means tested. Anyone with income above the state pension should pay full price. This of course will not be popular with the what about my kids and what about the next generation? There is no proven connection between discounts and long term retention the world changed. The real culprits in pricing are the players and their agents. The salaries and bonuses are what is pricing fans out of games but most give their sainted heroes a pass. Their greed drives bad decisions at the FA, EPL, EFL and then club management. If it’s about the football we should all be happy with playing in League One but secretly we all want to watch the cream of the game. Well guess what these days that costs simple.

I disagree with almost everything you have said there but I'm not here to be a troll and argue.  However I do agree that the players and agents are the root cause or at least a large part of it.  It's the clubs that choose to pay these wages to keep up with other clubs.  That will only stop with a salary cap.  The wages are obscene and whilst we should love the club (lcfc not KP) as fans, we should remember that players earn more in a week than someone like a nurse who genuinely affects lives, earns in a year. As I've said before, they can keep their premier league

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Globalfox said:

W

T

F

37 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

Do you know why the modern day football world is shite?

It's because it's now sadly being seen as a "product " as you so rightly say.

Where money is king, and the "game", and after all, that is what it really is, is now being seen as a necessary sideshow to make that money.

Fans are customers, where they don't even have to issue them a loyalty card to bring them back, because most will always be there, and even for the ones that do drop off, they know there will be another customer to take their place.

The game used to be played for glory, not the money.

Every year we have the debate, should we bin the chance of winning the FA Cup, so we have a better chance of top 4, or avoiding relegation, or getting promoted.

Why, because we know that Top 4, avoiding relegation, getting promoted will mean more money for the club. 

So some are happy to forgo the chance of the glory that comes with winning a trophy, and all the memories that come with it.

Memories that can be handed down to our kids, and grandkids, and that become part not only of our club's history, but part of the history of those fans that witnessed those occasions, and history that is handed down to the future generations.

Football as I knew it has been killed off, for the sake of wealthy people, who just see a way to make money and spread their brand.

Seems bizarre now, but I felt our owners were different, that they really got it, football and the massive part the club plays in the community.

I really thought they cared, they saw us as part of the club, that they were about doing the best for the fans and in turn the community, that they wouldn't just see us as a customer, who can be replaced.

Sadly I think I was wrong!

• Like 2

Stop spouting bollocks!

15 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

…It's like the shirts on another thread.  150 quid for some of them.  And the argument is you don't have to buy one.  Fair enough but they are made of some sh1tty nylon and they could make a profit at, I would guess, 30 odd quid but no…

They’re mass produced in the Far East for pennies. Clubs and the shirt companies could turn a profit if they were a tenner. 

It’s the blatant price fixing I don’t know how they get away with. 

Jesus Christ.

Well done on becoming the King Power Poster of the Week

Charge everyone £500k each then no favourites and we can buy better players. If you don't like it go somewhere else because the owners have done nothing but good, respect is big for them and at least you will get a free cake for your £500k.

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

They’re mass produced in the Far East for pennies. Clubs and the shirt companies could turn a profit if they were a tenner. 

It’s the blatant price fixing I don’t know how they get away with. 

Jesus Christ.

Well done on becoming the King Power Poster of the Week

Thanks for the praise I accept it. You just forget the modern world it’s not just King Power it’s just how it is. Why moan about the cost of a shirt you don’t need it to support the team so just don’t buy them. It’s not just football shirts jeans made in the far east at the same cost are 50% cheaper in the US than the UK. I am the mouthpiece for King Power but none of you will call out the biggest cost center the players. The argument about ticket income is insignificant buys into the argument of some owb]ner ban live fans, save stewards, policing, maintenance etc and the books look better. We as fans do not and never have owned the club it’s all about owners and players egos now. And just so we are clear as a supposed King Power mouthpiece I la most of the blame at Tops door. But I realize currently it’s his club.

2 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

Thanks for the praise I accept it. You just forget the modern world it’s not just King Power it’s just how it is. Why moan about the cost of a shirt you don’t need it to support the team so just don’t buy them. It’s not just football shirts jeans made in the far east at the same cost are 50% cheaper in the US than the UK. I am the mouthpiece for King Power but none of you will call out the biggest cost center the players. The argument about ticket income is insignificant buys into the argument of some owb]ner ban live fans, save stewards, policing, maintenance etc and the books look better. We as fans do not and never have owned the club it’s all about owners and players egos now. And just so we are clear as a supposed King Power mouthpiece I la most of the blame at Tops door. But I realize currently it’s his club.

This, children, is why you must never - I repeat never, mix alcohol and drugs with your cornflakes immediately after sustaining head trauma. 

• Haha 1

Was speaking to one of my mates who doesn’t support City but a different city, who is expecting a baby. He lives in Leicester and was bemoaning his season ticket prices and how he will not be able to take his kid that much in the future. We then talked about local offerings for football within walking distance of Leicester, there aren’t many but I feel like that’s the next step. If a Leicester(not Leicestershire) based football club makes a go of it, we could see some excellent attendances and somewhere that Leicester folk can watch football, without the extortionate pricing. 

9 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Was speaking to one of my mates who doesn’t support City but a different city, who is expecting a baby. He lives in Leicester and was bemoaning his season ticket prices and how he will not be able to take his kid that much in the future. We then talked about local offerings for football within walking distance of Leicester, there aren’t many but I feel like that’s the next step. If a Leicester(not Leicestershire) based football club makes a go of it, we could see some excellent attendances and somewhere that Leicester folk can watch football, without the extortionate pricing. 

You make a good point that if people would have the principle to turn their backs on the likes of Leicester City and go to the counties non league clubs, it could see some rise up through the leagues and create some real stories there. Same in other cities/counties.

15 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

I accept football is an expensive interest/hobby.  It has been for a number of years.  It's just been pushed to rinsing everyone for every last penny.  I hate it but I also accept clubs are run as a business and want to make a profit but it's being taken for an absolute cxnt I can't take.  Having someone blatantly taking the p*ss shamelessly and try to dress it up as value.  It's like the shirts on another thread.  150 quid for some of them.  And the argument is you don't have to buy one.  Fair enough but they are made of some sh1tty nylon and they could make a profit at, I would guess, 30 odd quid but no, they have the attitude of ....these football supporters are proper stupid tw*ts let's rinse them, they will pay it.  And some do.  It's incredible.  Same with the match by match tickets.  They make up a tiny amount of total income but so what.....if the average non rich pleb wants to watch then he will have to cut back in other areas of life. Awww shame, be rich then, that's who we want.  Sit down shut up, do as your told and spend loads.  Fxck off. And fxck off premier league.  And breathe 

Not shown much sign of that in the last few years though have we.

15 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Football clubs need to be stopped from ever increasing player wages pushing up the cost to fans. Salary cap needed.

I mean people can play the "business" argument in terms of covering losses, but a sensible business with our recent record would have at least attempted to reduce expenses a little bit! Can't be right that so many in the PL are running at big losses.

With the amount of money from TV deals I'd argue that no club should be running up losses and borrowing should only be used to fund structural development such as stadium improvements etc.

Truth is that from a financial side fans actually attending matches doesn't make much of a difference anymore in comparison to turnover from other areas.

Player wages and agent fees have brought financial trouble to the game and need to be brought under control. I'd start with agents and legally restrict the % they can get on any deal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

If there were no fans  there would be no "product" to sell.

Every game like covid, with no atmosphere.

Do you think that people in their armchairs would stay enthused to watch games where all you could here was the players yelling when they fell on the floor,

Do you think tv companies would be willing to pay the mega money for that "product"?

I don't think so somehow, so no fans, no mega TV money, no mega money to make for the owners and players.

What keeps the "product" alive is the blind loyalty of the fans, but the owners of clubs now exploit that loyalty, in order to exploit those fans.

Unless fans make a stand, and say enough is enough, and vote with their feet, which we and the owners all know they won't, things are only going to get worse sadly.

• Like 1