Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

If there were no fans  there would be no "product" to sell.

Every game like covid, with no atmosphere.

Do you think that people in their armchairs would stay enthused to watch games where all you could here was the players yelling when they fell on the floor,

Do you think tv companies would be willing to pay the mega money for that "product"?

I don't think so somehow, so no fans, no mega TV money, no mega money to make for the owners and players.

What keeps the "product" alive is the blind loyalty of the fans, but the owners of clubs now exploit that loyalty, in order to exploit those fans.

Unless fans make a stand, and say enough is enough, and vote with their feet, which we and the owners all know they won't, things are only going to get worse sadly.

No but they would be prepared to pay mega bucks for say the Manchester derby to be in New York. I agree with you and hate the fact that football is a product and that fans make the atmosphere but they no longer make the financial difference they once did.  If 1000 fans boycotted Leicester another 1000 would just roll up. Even more so at bigger clubs where there are big waiting lists for season tickets and where season tickets are very pricey. 

I’m pretty much priced out (aside from the occasional away game) … what with travel costs food/drink …I cannot justify spending that much money and time on what is essentially 22 rich men running about for 90 minutes 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, nick6666 said:

I don't like the way football is going something needs to change .. Leicester city shouldn't be turning away loyal fans from it's greed 

It stinks 

Yet Arsenal led the way with rinsing its own supporters. You are the model everyone is now emulating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Not shown much sign of that in the last few years though have we.

Not sure if you are looking for an argument or what....I'm not saying they are well run but all clubs are run as a business these days, even if they are not a particularly successful one.  Customers not fans, charging as much as possible to maximise income....that's being run as a business.....just one with a crap accounting team

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

https://tickets.lcfc.com/HOSPITALITYEVENTS.ASPX

Platinum Plus - 4 games 

Platinum - 5 games 

Gold Plus - 3 games 

Gold - 7 games 

Wonder how this will translate into A/B/C match day pricing? 

I'm guessing Platinum Plus + Platinum are A,  Gold Plus + some of Gold are B, unpopular/midweek Gold are C

As a side note, is the posh fox emblem on these a new thing or has it always been on the hospitality packages?  My first thought was .....not a new badge please 

5 hours ago, Globalfox said:

I get some people are upset but the reality is the price point is about right for the times and the anticipated product. The club has for many years got pricing wrong, 8 seasons without price hikes put the prices artificially low and when you do an adjustment like this the optics are bad. The pricing is badly constructed. I can see no reason to give discounts for Under 22, Under 18 and Under 16 they should all be full price and that might be revenue that could be used to balance out fair value elsewhere. I question the under 12’s we may discount family stand and other fans are excluded there so it’s enough no discounts elsewhere in the ground. The over 65’s of which I am one should be means tested. Anyone with income above the state pension should pay full price. This of course will not be popular with the what about my kids and what about the next generation? There is no proven connection between discounts and long term retention the world changed. The real culprits in pricing are the players and their agents. The salaries and bonuses are what is pricing fans out of games but most give their sainted heroes a pass. Their greed drives bad decisions at the FA, EPL, EFL and then club management. If it’s about the football we should all be happy with playing in League One but secretly we all want to watch the cream of the game. Well guess what these days that costs simple.

No reason for discounts to u22, u18 and u16? That's the next generation of fans right there. You price them out and you'll be left with nothing, the repercussions of this increase will be felt for years to come. 

Edited by SK3Blue

2 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

No reason for discounts to u22, u18 and u16? That's the next generation of fans right there. You price them out and you'll be left with nothing, the repercussions of this increase will be felt for years to come. 

The poster seems to not recognise that in all walks of life, be it visitor attractions or events, prices are cheaper for younger ages. It’s not just a football thing. 

Unless they are referring to the number of different concession groups but it seems like they were suggesting anybody over 12 pay full price which is crazy.

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

The poster seems to not recognise that in all walks of life, be it visitor attractions or events, prices are cheaper for younger ages. It’s not just a football thing. 

Unless they are referring to the number of different concession groups but it seems like they were suggesting anybody over 12 pay full price which is crazy.

Im still not convinced the poster isnt on a wind up.  But to put it in perspective, I paid to go in the east stand at filbert street as a kid out of my pocket money.  So did a good few of my mates.  It cost £3.50.  there was also no rule that u'16 had to be accompanied by an adult which is a rule in place purely so that the club ensure a full price ticket is purchased alongside a reduced one.  It isn't about behaviour.  There's grown men who behave a lot worse than u'16s at football.  Anyway the point I'm making is that kids being able to buy affordable tickets, go with their mates and have access without a membership wall in the early 90s probably make up a big percentage of today's support.  As things are, where is the support in 20 or 30 years coming from if young ones are priced out?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

Makes you wonder why they do concessions for pensioners :ph34r: 

8 hours ago, Globalfox said:

I get some people are upset but the reality is the price point is about right for the times and the anticipated product. The club has for many years got pricing wrong, 8 seasons without price hikes put the prices artificially low and when you do an adjustment like this the optics are bad. The pricing is badly constructed. I can see no reason to give discounts for Under 22, Under 18 and Under 16 they should all be full price and that might be revenue that could be used to balance out fair value elsewhere. I question the under 12’s we may discount family stand and other fans are excluded there so it’s enough no discounts elsewhere in the ground. The over 65’s of which I am one should be means tested. Anyone with income above the state pension should pay full price. This of course will not be popular with the what about my kids and what about the next generation? There is no proven connection between discounts and long term retention the world changed. The real culprits in pricing are the players and their agents. The salaries and bonuses are what is pricing fans out of games but most give their sainted heroes a pass. Their greed drives bad decisions at the FA, EPL, EFL and then club management. If it’s about the football we should all be happy with playing in League One but secretly we all want to watch the cream of the game. Well guess what these days that costs simple.

If the relevant people at LCFC think that price point is right for the anticipated product we're about to witness, then they're dangerously unqualified to do their jobs.

• Like 4

On 22/06/2024 at 14:27, rugbyblue said:

Im still not convinced the poster isnt on a wind up.  But to put it in perspective, I paid to go in the east stand at filbert street as a kid out of my pocket money.  So did a good few of my mates.  It cost £3.50.  there was also no rule that u'16 had to be accompanied by an adult which is a rule in place purely so that the club ensure a full price ticket is purchased alongside a reduced one.  It isn't about behaviour.  There's grown men who behave a lot worse than u'16s at football.  Anyway the point I'm making is that kids being able to buy affordable tickets, go with their mates and have access without a membership wall in the early 90s probably make up a big percentage of today's support.  As things are, where is the support in 20 or 30 years coming from if young ones are priced out?

Same here with the east stand.Three quid as long as you had the three quid membership card.You bought the tickets from the hatch next to the turnstile.

I have only just twigged this season that a group of school kids can no longer go unaccompanied by an adult,which is really sad.It’s the same policy all the way down the professional leagues.Not just football.If that wasn’t bad enough,we have talk of getting rid of child concessions.How much short term thinking can you get.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

Same here with the east stand.Three quid as long as you had the three quid membership card.You bought the tickets from the hatch next to the turnstile.

I have only just twigged this season that a group of school kids can no longer go unaccompanied by an adult,which is really sad.It’s the same policy all the way down the professional leagues.Not just football.If that wasn’t bad enough,we have talk of getting rid of child concessions.How much short term thinking can you get.

Sad state of affairs.  As you say.....very short term

If they need the dollar, then they should have priced ST's to a similar price per match as a membership + individual ticket for that area. Why make money out of the individual ticket purchasers when they have no choice? A ST giving the purchaser savings was all about encouraging people to purchase ST's but now there is no need for that discount

On 22/06/2024 at 10:52, trugerkem said:

I’m pretty much priced out (aside from the occasional away game) … what with travel costs food/drink …I cannot justify spending that much money and time on what is essentially 22 rich men running about for 90 minutes 

Got free tickets for Man Utd and Southampton away games so I shall go to those at least :) 

It's a horrible time to be a football fan. From talking to a few people that I know in football so many clubs at "leadership" level  now have the attitude of "find new fans" and are looking towards limiting season ticket sales and concessions. They all feel they have "maximised the matchday revenue ceiling". They all talk and seem to lean on Daniel Levy for advice! I know the FSA are looking into this and I guess it was inevitable we would end up here but it's not right. Big fan of the @Union FS banner and anything else that is to come of that ilk. Time to get noisy IMO but I do worry about the KP sympathisers and the "blue army" apathy brigade.

I'm not a fan of being in the EFL but it is a league that genuinely cares for fans and encourages its clubs to do the same. I'm yet to see a Premier League club act of the Fan Engagement initiatives in a way that is more than a tick box.

Up the City 

Edited by RYM
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

When I was taken to my first ever LCFC match at Filbert Street in 1963 - won 3 - 0, Colin Appleton scored the 1st in the 7th minute - my Father took me to sit in the Centre Stand which was then the most expensive area of the ground and where his adult ticket cost £2.50. 

I found it interesting to see that, according to two websites I checked this morning, that £2.50 he paid in 1963 is today equivalent to just over £65.

Things perhaps don't change all that much bearing in mind that I remember him complaining about the cost then!