Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

1 hour ago, Nickaj said:

When I was taken to my first ever LCFC match at Filbert Street in 1963 - won 3 - 0, Colin Appleton scored the 1st in the 7th minute - my Father took me to sit in the Centre Stand which was then the most expensive area of the ground and where his adult ticket cost £2.50. 

I found it interesting to see that, according to two websites I checked this morning, that £2.50 he paid in 1963 is today equivalent to just over £65.

Things perhaps don't change all that much bearing in mind that I remember him complaining about the cost then!

Wow, £2.50 for a ticket when Man Utd charged 20p. 

https://www.red11.org/mufc/stats/prices.htm

Obviously a very lucky upbringing.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nickaj said:

When I was taken to my first ever LCFC match at Filbert Street in 1963 - won 3 - 0, Colin Appleton scored the 1st in the 7th minute - my Father took me to sit in the Centre Stand which was then the most expensive area of the ground and where his adult ticket cost £2.50. 

I found it interesting to see that, according to two websites I checked this morning, that £2.50 he paid in 1963 is today equivalent to just over £65.

Things perhaps don't change all that much bearing in mind that I remember him complaining about the cost then!

Not sure if those websites are entirely  accurate.....When i first started going to to filbert street on my own as a 10 year old with my mates in 83, it was £1:75 in the family enclosure ( membership was about £8 for the season ) and then when i graduated to the kop in about 88 it was in-between  £3 & £3:50 .... So the prices in 63 are waaaaaay out

1 minute ago, VintageFox73 said:

Not sure if those websites are entirely  accurate.....When i first started going to to filbert street on my own as a 10 year old with my mates in 83, it was £1:75 in the family enclosure ( membership was about £8 for the season ) and then when i graduated to the kop in about 88 it was in-between  £3 & £3:50 .... So the prices in 63 are waaaaaay out

Comparison websites can be misleading it's true but that ticket cost of £2.50 - or £2.10.0 - as it was in those days is entirely accurate.

Sadly, my Father died later that year which led to my keeping the ticket stub as a momento or one of our last days out together.

After his passing I started to go to Filbert Street on my own or with school friends when we used to sit in the double decker and for which the ticket cost was - I think but I'm not sure - 7/6d in old money (35p) apparently equivalent to about £9.00 today.

5 hours ago, RYM said:

It's a horrible time to be a football fan. From talking to a few people that I know in football so many clubs at "leadership" level  now have the attitude of "find new fans" and are looking towards limiting season ticket sales and concessions. They all feel they have "maximised the matchday revenue ceiling". They all talk and seem to lean on Daniel Levy for advice! I know the FSA are looking into this and I guess it was inevitable we would end up here but it's not right. Big fan of the @Union FS banner and anything else that is to come of that ilk. Time to get noisy IMO but I do worry about the KP sympathisers and the "blue army" apathy brigade.

I'm not a fan of being in the EFL but it is a league that genuinely cares for fans and encourages its clubs to do the same. I'm yet to see a Premier League club act of the Fan Engagement initiatives in a way that is more than a tick box.

Up the City 

Aware this is your area and you'll know a shit tonne more than me, but I'm not seeing the EFL caring more angle. 

They allow clubs to charge ridiculous amounts for away tickets, and have that new TV deal which will no doubt cause fans issues with weird and wacky kick off times. 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Aware this is your area and you'll know a shit tonne more than me, but I'm not seeing the EFL caring more angle. 

They allow clubs to charge ridiculous amounts for away tickets, and have that new TV deal which will no doubt cause fans issues with weird and wacky kick off times. 

It’s not flawless at all and you’re right with what you say. They are very active with family stuff, new fans, family tickets, fan consultation etc. Very keen to pass and share best practice to its clubs.

I had battles with their commercial team when I was at clubs but overall I think they do ok.

Edited by RYM

13 hours ago, RYM said:

It’s not flawless at all and you’re right with what you say. They are very active with family stuff, new fans, family tickets, fan consultation etc. Very keen to pass and share best practice to its clubs.

I had battles with their commercial team when I was at clubs but overall I think they do ok.

That will be because it’s league members are much more reliant on gate receipts, especially lower down the chain.

High fan attendance numbers have also proved useful for the EFL in marketing itself to advertisers and the like - 5th most watched league in Europe is a decent tag line for a second tier division.

Another reason why complete/matchday boycott is the only solution to KPFC’s consumerification (yeh, I know, sue me) of the club. 

Absence impacts the tills and is noticed on TV - entire blocks, good, entire stands best. 

Fvck King Power. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Daggers said:

Another reason why complete/matchday boycott is the only solution to KPFC’s consumerification (yeh, I know, sue me) of the club. 

Absence impacts the tills and is noticed on TV - entire blocks, good, entire stands best. 

Fvck King Power. 

I’m ****ing done with them.

• Like 2

On 28/06/2024 at 13:57, goose2010 said:

Yeah I thought that might be the case. 

@Foxes_Trust I take it you are constantly chasing this as isn't this one of your responsibilities??

Foxes Trust board member Lynn Wyeth chatted to Jack Rafferty on @BBCLeicester  Boot Room show On Thursday about #LCFC matchday ticket prices. Starts at 26 minutes.

Leicester City Boot Room - 27/06/2024 - BBC Sounds

Edited by Foxes_Trust
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Foxes Trust board member Lynn Wyeth chatted to Jack Rafferty on @BBCLeicester  Boot Room show On Thursday about #LCFC matchday ticket prices. Starts at 26 minutes.

Leicester City Boot Room - 27/06/2024 - BBC Sounds

Have you managed to actually speak to anyone at the club yet?

Lots of new members but still the same trust.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Have you managed to actually speak to anyone at the club yet?

Lots of new members but still the same trust.

As the linked interview said, we spoke briefly with the club, but we requested an all fans groups meeting relating directly to match ticket prices about 10 days ago and as of yet we have not been offered a date for that meeting.

7 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

As the linked interview said, we spoke briefly with the club, but we requested an all fans groups meeting relating directly to match ticket prices about 10 days ago and as of yet we have not been offered a date for that meeting.

If I worked at the club though and hadn't had anyone chasing something like this up for 10 days (currently) I'd feel fairly at ease about it all. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

59 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If I worked at the club though and hadn't had anyone chasing something like this up for 10 days (currently) I'd feel fairly at ease about it all. 

As stated in the linked interview we have spoken to the club since the request was made, with more dialogue expected this week about a number of outstanding issues