Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is something really important.

The entire professional sport is going down the drain. 

Everyone is right to be furious, but this is a systemic problem across the entire of modern football, not just our club 

Our owner is supposed to be one of us......a die hard fan.  This is not a behaviour of a fan, somewhere down the line, he has lost touch with us and has become just another owner who is in it for his own needs.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already. The club recruited a Head of Fan Engagement three months ago, reportedly on a 70k+ salary. The price of matchday tickets seems like an important thing fans should be engaged on, but according to the main supporter groups this has not happened. What exactly does the Head of Fan Engagement do?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Our owner is supposed to be one of us......a die hard fan.  This is not a behaviour of a fan, somewhere down the line, he has lost touch with us and has become just another owner who is in it for his own needs.

Just another billionaire

When it suits them they're "one of us"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another ironic thing is those category A fixtures are 99% sure to be all defeats too as they will be against the top sides. So it's between £55 and £72 quid each to watch a battering where we might occasionally touch the ball.

4 hours ago, promised land said:

Kop pricing averages out at £50.50 a match or £962 a season of 19 games, I know it doesn’t work like that by Christ.

I’d want a silver service meal pre match for that kind of cost.

You can get a corporate season ticket for 5k with a three course meal and unlimited booze…. Rather get that one lol

1 minute ago, izzymuzzet said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already. The club recruited a Head of Fan Engagement three months ago, reportedly on a 70k+ salary. The price of matchday tickets seems like an important thing fans should be engaged on, but according to the main supporter groups this has not happened. What exactly does the Head of Fan Engagement do?

Agree with the sentiment but it’s a box ticking role to fill. As good as a ceremonial position 

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think the days of a local boy done good and got rich,  buying his local club are gone. That's was the ideal really. Most clubs our size these days will sadly be bought by large companies or corporations and they won't do it for charity.  They will want something back out of it 

Edited by rugbyblue

3 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

She is yet to meet any of the supporters groups who put their name to the £25 stuff. She has met with the group who did not agree to supporting it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Football sold it's soul.

Its over. Taken from the working man and lapped up by the rich.

This to me is not the Leicester city I grew up supporting. 

It will only get worse, not been in years and don't miss it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

She is yet to meet any of the supporters groups who put their name to the £25 stuff. She has met with the group who did not agree to supporting it.

Hilariously run club

Speak out against them and find yourself on the naughty step.

Least the other group get their pictures and social media posts ey 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Football sold it's soul.

Its over. Taken from the working man and lapped up by the rich.

This to me is not the Leicester city I grew up supporting. 

It will only get worse, not been in years and don't miss it.

On that note I'm stopping commenting tonight.  I've been very angry tonight, not least because I never expected today to be the day that finished me as a regular supporter.  But I've ranted enough about the prices.  I can't change anything.

Edited by rugbyblue

Season tickets looking like great value now. £72 to sit in my seat for Category A fixtures is way over the top. Cannot believe they’ve gone that high, and you have to shell out to become a member first in order to pay that, right? Thank God I renewed. Came close to not doing that. 

• Like 1

All ticket prices have gone up….Dexys in London last week £44 for 75 minutes, ( brilliant by the way)Springsteen £125, and don’t mention Taylor….similarly it’s an understatement to say we are in a bit of financial tutti……they have/had to do something….and I accept it’s relative small beer across the board….and that nobody likes prices going up, but we are no different to any business….

20 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

I think the days of a local boy done good and got rich,  buying his local club are gone. That's was the ideal really. Most clubs our size these days will sadly be bought by large companies or corporations and they won't do it for charity.  They will want something back out of it 

It has always puzzled me what King Power really get from owning our club. Is owning a football club a great way to funnel/wash money?

Edited by An Away Move

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

It had always puzzled what King Power really get from owning our club. Is owning a football club a great way to funnel/wash money?

You are not alone…..it’s not a barrel of laughs is it?

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

It had always puzzled what King Power really get from owning our club. Is owning a football club a great way to funnel/wash money?

Possibly, I don't know.  For these owners, publicity maybe that benefits KP, increased social standing in the Thai aristocracy?  Your guess is as good as mine.  But it won't be for nothing 

Edited by rugbyblue

1 minute ago, FOTS said:

Bleddy hell I’m getting bored of saying it, but football clubs are not like ‘any other business’.

Football clubs have been passed through generations and have been rooted in their communities for over 100 years. If my local chippy starts charging £30 for fish and chips then I’ll travel down the road and get it cheaper. You can’t do that with football clubs.

Some of the best times of my life have been following this club with my old man, and now I’m going to be priced out of doing the same with my kids. I don’t care if every other club is doing it. **** them. 

You can, it’s just not the one you want to be watching. Same as not the chippy you want to be using and you are watching a Taylor Swift Impersonator rather than the real thing. 

• Like 1

They’re awful but I’m not surprised, just the way the club is. 

I honestly don’t feel any anger though, the club has drifted so far away from me I just don’t feel anything anymore. I don’t care who our new manager is, what the kit looks like, who we sign,  all of it. 

My season ticket is just vehicle to meet up with my mates and have a bit of a laugh every couple of weeks. 

• Like 2