Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

29 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already. The club recruited a Head of Fan Engagement three months ago, reportedly on a 70k+ salary. The price of matchday tickets seems like an important thing fans should be engaged on, but according to the main supporter groups this has not happened. What exactly does the Head of Fan Engagement do?

£80k that position was advertised at.

I fear the brief is a long way from coming anywhere near the core fans, more about selling widgets in Thailand which is sales and marketing not FE.

These decisions would’ve been made away above her head though, that said you’d be waving a red flag internally if you had anything about you whoever you are in Anthony’s team as the Club Charter states clearly “LCFC are committed to full supporter consultation with the clubs fans through different forums”.

A disturbing arrogance about things lately. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RYM said:

£80k that position was advertised at.

I fear the brief is a long way from coming anywhere near the core fans, more about selling widgets in Thailand which is sales and marketing not FE.

These decisions would’ve been made away above her head though, that said you’d be waving a red flag internally if you had anything about you whoever you are in Anthony’s team as the Club Charter states clearly “LCFC are committed to full supporter consultation with the clubs fans through different forums”.

A disturbing arrogance about things lately. 

Saw that she has a marketing background so that makes sense. Good to know which ‘fans’ matter to the club and which don’t. 

Sadly it helps if the club you support are making money….the owners have a duty of care to supporters,but it is not a bottomless pit…..imagine you go into work all week then don’t get paid on Friday, sadly it is no different….we are in financial tutti….what are your cash generators outside of TV ,prize money, ticket sales….I bet the store loses a fortune….on here a £1 can of beer seems to be the reason we are skint, gate receipts are huge by comparison, but again, it is small beer to tv and prize money,,,,fag packet, 24,000 season tickets, 3,000 away tickets, leaves3,000 plus (every fortnight as we are away every other week)…

like I say small beer….

Well it's not like the ECB handled the complaints well about 'the 100' and that's what she was in charge of previously so I wouldn't hold out much hope that there will be much actual engagement and just a lot of nodding in board rooms and box ticking. 

• Like 1

Another thing to add insult to injury is that there will likely be more free tickets handed out to random Thai 'influencers' for every big game, meanwhile real fans who have been loyal to the club for years get screwed.

Edited by Patrick

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Conveniently missing all the other ticket prices.

Ticket pricing across the board are ****ing dreadful. No one should be charged that amount to watch the football. Entire system is corrupt and broken, we're just another corrupt cog 

IMG_20240618_195518.thumb.jpg.5f3cec95d13777d8de95f19505d062fc.jpg

Speaks volumes though that not even Liverpool with their demand are stretching to £72

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Couple of thoughts.

1) Tigers ST's up something like broadly 28% increase in price for 14% less games (3 teams have gone bankrupt last couple of years).

2) Have you seen the cost of concert tickets recently.

3) Sounds like we are mid-table in the Prem which is probably about right.

4) Proof will be in the pudding - let's see how those first few games go.

I am not saying it's right or wrong - who really knows.

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Don’t think you will be playing Coalville 

IMG_4314.thumb.png.c113d753a7c2a55a7ab3079023fb4ceb.png

🤔

But regardless 

Looking forward to singing 

🎶Stamford’s a shithole, I wanna go home 🎶

Edited by Mike Oxlong

2 hours ago, Corky said:

You never know. This season is massive- survive and we might grow back but relegation will see us as another Stoke/ Blackburn.

We are still popular and fans keen to go- a few barren years and that will change,

You've just touched on the other point here - relegation. These are prices for what is likely to be pretty bleak viewing on the pitch.

I think it's entirely plausible we go back below 30k this season for a game. Imagine that Southampton game 3rd May, already relegated, moved to Sunday 2pm. Yeah you know what I really fancy not spending £50+ on?

We need a change of ownership. The reasonable season ticket prices had become one of the only redeeming features. These prices are so disgraceful that you can't give them any leeway on that anymore - closed shop and a ground full of people who are clinging on to avoid making their way back via this route. Totally tired fanbase yet one that wrongly feels indebted to these plonkers. It's miserable stuff. Total total shit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lfu said:

Will @Foxes_Trust speak out against these price rises?

£88 for two tickets (Cat A) in the cheapest block
£78 for two Cat B
£66 for two Cat C (can only imagine this will be one or two fixtures)

Pure rip-off

Initial statement issued

Ticket Price Rises – Foxes Trust

Let us know your views about today’s announcement on match day ticket price increases by emailing [email protected]

Particularly interested in hearing details from fans whose future supporting plans have changed following these price hikes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've obviously gotten the wrong end of the stick about that Fan Engagement role. The club have recruited someone to "Head OFF Fan Engagement".

They saw people starting to enjoy themselves at games towards the end of last season, and were deeply concerned that an atmosphere might start to emerge. The new role heading off fan engagement will increase ticket prices, prevent any games appearing on general sale, and make it too expensive for families and children to attend, this lessening the risk of anyone entering the ground with a Robinsons Fruit Shoot, a carton of Ribena, or, heaven forbid, a MEDIUM sized sandwich on their person. The club were deeply concerned over reports of Adults attending alongside smaller people, referred to as "kids", who the adults claimed were younger relatives or offspring, but these so-called children were unable to produce a photographic Driving Licence to prove their identity to Showsec Stewards when questioned. These actions should help to a safer, hungrier, more profitable, more sterile, emptier King Power Stadium, as the club continues its efforts to move forward with its grand scheme to continue shooting itself in its own feet repeatedly at every possible moment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

On that note I'm stopping commenting tonight.  I've been very angry tonight, not least because I never expected today to be the day that finished me as a regular supporter.  But I've ranted enough about the prices.  I can't change anything.

I’ve stopped commenting because I don’t reckon it’s my place to anymore. 

I quit going because of the membership scheme, Rodgers, the lack of communication, the lack of respect accorded to fans, the lack of a safe standing area, the lack of support for the singing section, the barriers put in the way of the TIFOs, the absence of general sale and the price of tickets. 

Life goes on without LCFC - but King Power can still suck my salty balls. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Initial statement issued

Ticket Price Rises – Foxes Trust

Let us know your views about today’s announcement on match day ticket price increases by emailing [email protected]

Particularly interested in hearing details from fans whose future supporting plans have changed following these price hikes

Maybe - just maybe - if you’d got off your arse and properly kicked off about fans issues in the past instead of bunkering down behind you “only for the members” bullshit we wouldn’t be at this point. 

Spineless, supine, waste of fvcking space. 

Fvck your open letters. 

• Like 1

@Union FS need to organise a full on protest outside the stadium. Guarantee you’ll get loads of support for it. Need to forget about being in the good books with the club because at this rate there’s not going to be any real supporters left in the stands. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Foxy_jim said:

I'm betting category A will consist of least 

Arsenal 

Man City

United

Spurs

Liverpool

Chelsea 

Forest

And possibly Villa, so nearly half the home games will be the highest price. £72 for a Leicester game is absurd, London prices. We obviously think not many match tickets will be up for grabs so people will stupidly pay it. My season ticket in G2 works out at just over £20 a game, god help those looking to buy match tickets, mental prices.

I paid twice as much last season to watch compared to my mates with season tickets, dread to think how many times over I'll be paying this season

3 hours ago, Trekerz said:

@Union FS need to organise a full on protest outside the stadium. Guarantee you’ll get loads of support for it. Need to forget about being in the good books with the club because at this rate there’s not going to be any real supporters left in the stands. 

If there is one supporter group who is not worried about that then it would be them. l’m assuming you did you read some of the groups posts on the £25 stuff, possible points deductions and looked up in the stands at Stoke and Preston?

Disgusting move by the club, whoever came up with that idea should hang their head in shame. 

Having started out watching City where you could queue up outside the ground on match day and pay a few quid on the gate I find this move saddening. Football might be considered a form of entertainment these days rather than a sport but it shouldn't be priced at the point where taking your family to a game is deemed a once a year big day out event. 

If the club need the revenue so desperately to balance the books I suggest that rather than look to milk their 'customers' dry, they look internally and cut back their costs. They need to be bold and start with player wages. Moves like this are a clear indicator that the club don't have a handle on it's cost base. The model is unsustainable for a club of our size. 

How they can justify these sorts of prices for a club that'll likely be in a relegation scrap is baffling. As for the statement rationalising the move, that's a huge own goal. If you're treating people like customers by making it a transactional relationship and claiming that the prices are competitively aligned with mid table teams then quite simply you have to deliver a mid table performance. They've set the metric by which they'll be judged so I'm intrigued so see what actions they take to achieve this status.