Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

2024/25 match ticket prices

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

King Power want Leicester City to be a global brand that is recognised under the umbrella of King Power, fundamentally being a destination for people from all around the world to watch Premier League. They also want us locals to bow down to their friends and family like we are absolute nobodies and have made no contribution to the club’s history prior to 2010. The behaviour on the bus parade and at the Blackburn game, was indicative of a hierarchy that the ownership group wanted to bring to Leicester City. I can’t be bothered anymore.

We did not exist before KPFC in 2010. Its just a figment of your imagination. The snow filled Oldham fa cup game Shrewsbury cup and all those coin filled games of the 80's are all just Steven Spielberg films.

7 hours ago, dannythefox said:

£72 for cat A game in J block. Can go watch most top prem teams for that. Terrible.

The owners deem US a Top Premier team in their minds.

Relegation was just a blip in their eyes.

For comparisons sake here’s last seasons and this seasons prices. The individual rises and the percentage rises would be interesting / shocking (I’d do them but have a hay fever headache!)

For such a swing I’d expect it to be accompanied by a club statement where they’d try to justify it - First significantly big rise for a few years, compare us to others, it’s a different division, we’ve been undercharging for years and need to become more realistic to maximise income and beat FFP etc etc Yada yada waffle swaffle.  

Hard to estimate how much extra it brings in per game as don’t know season Vs match day  ticket numbers per stand or capacity per stand.

As others say if you get to say 7 games that’s an equivalent of another £5 per match for your membership to factor in. 

F174A192-1482-4A01-BE05-01FFB92DC8DE.thumb.jpeg.768394df30f0a3a6e173c4fe17c92a76.jpegB8249002-A28F-4294-B2CB-89536C2F38A8.thumb.jpeg.619516f01fad818fa8cf7ed2a455fc2c.jpeg

Dont believe for one minute this is the club doing it for any other reason then FFP. Revenue from ticket sales should not be included in FFP otherwise the prices will rise every year for clubs to try and compete. FFP is ****ing over the fans

Edited by South Shire Fox

Will the club sell out at £30 a ticket, yes. 

Will the club sell out at £72 a ticket, yes.

The club is a business at the end of the day and whilst people are prepared and do pay what they want to charge, they will continue to charge that. 

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont believe for one minute this is the club doing it for any other reason then FFP. Revenue from ticket sales should not be included in FFP otherwise the prices will rise every year for clubs to try and compete. FFP is ****ing over the fans

I know every little helps and all that, but income from ticket sales really is small fry for a PL club in the grand scheme of things, especially when compared to TV money. It's not small fry for your average low-income fan though.

8 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Initial statement issued

Ticket Price Rises – Foxes Trust

Let us know your views about today’s announcement on match day ticket price increases by emailing [email protected]

Particularly interested in hearing details from fans whose future supporting plans have changed following these price hikes

I think you need to make the club realise the rapid disconnect that’s happened between the club and supporters in such a short space of time. In 2021 we lifted the fa cup, Top was on the pitch and cheered by fans, the footballing world was marvelling at how together and close the club was from ownership to supporters. 

Just 3 years later and there is a massive gulf of animosity opening up, over zealous stewarding, various decisions taken without fan consultation and what feels like a cash grab. If we have a bad season coming we may hear vocal attacks in the stadium for the first time on Top and the ownership. It might be that the owners know and don’t care or it could be that the people brought in are going about their jobs in a cold don’t give a shit about the fans way and the owners aren’t aware of the deep animosity it’s causing. This could cause irreversible damage for Top as once people have turned they don’t forget and often don’t turn back. 

• Like 3

Club will do anything to avoid general sale unless its a tourist attraction for people wanting to see Premier League football as they are the only people who will happily pay match day prices. 

I don't know how it compares to other clubs, I'd imagine it would be pretty similar and that would be the justification. 

Not been to a Leicester game in years unfortunately, and it won't change this year lol 

Edited by RowlattsFox

43 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

The club is a business at the end of the day and whilst people are prepared and do pay what they want to charge, they will continue to charge that. 

I’m not sure they will if we’re down the bottom being smoked. Monday night vs Brentford surely people ain’t paying £72 to watch that. 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’m not sure they will if we’re down the bottom being smoked. Monday night vs Brentford surely people ain’t paying £72 to watch that. 

Ipswich supporter here. I am sorry to see such prices anywhere. For comparison Town released their season ticket prices a few months ago before we went up .

They are here. I'm in Block B which is sort of outer middle upper.  £338 (OAP)

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/46928/town-announce-season-ticket-prices

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

For comparisons sake here’s last seasons and this seasons prices. The individual rises and the percentage rises would be interesting / shocking (I’d do them but have a hay fever headache!)

For such a swing I’d expect it to be accompanied by a club statement where they’d try to justify it - First significantly big rise for a few years, compare us to others, it’s a different division, we’ve been undercharging for years and need to become more realistic to maximise income and beat FFP etc etc Yada yada waffle swaffle.  

Hard to estimate how much extra it brings in per game as don’t know season Vs match day  ticket numbers per stand or capacity per stand.

As others say if you get to say 7 games that’s an equivalent of another £5 per match for your membership to factor in. 

F174A192-1482-4A01-BE05-01FFB92DC8DE.thumb.jpeg.768394df30f0a3a6e173c4fe17c92a76.jpegB8249002-A28F-4294-B2CB-89536C2F38A8.thumb.jpeg.619516f01fad818fa8cf7ed2a455fc2c.jpeg

Factor in also the official re-sale's from STH's, for example if someone can't make a category A fixture in J1 the club will sell the seat for £72, they will receive 1/19th of the Season ticket price, the club keep the rest. With a these variables we need some help to work out the increased revenue this will achieve.....

rruse.thumb.jpg.653b11f975a3f71ee3a6a09fe7d28baa.jpg

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

It doesn’t make it right though.

Where will it end then if they just keep raising the price?

After all as you say it is a business.

Fans club, family club, my arse.

17 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Factor in also the official re-sale's from STH's, for example if someone can't make a category A fixture in J1 the club will sell the seat for £72, they will receive 1/19th of the Season ticket price, the club keep the rest. With a these variables we need some help to work out the increased revenue this will achieve.....

rruse.thumb.jpg.653b11f975a3f71ee3a6a09fe7d28baa.jpg

Usually Rachel Riley's arse would soften the blow ......not this time 

• Haha 1

re an accompanying statement / justifications, I found this on the official site, not really answering the "Why" but some attempt at comparisons with other clubs. What should really accompany such an announcement is a statement of how they've come to this decision, their justifications and explanations, the logic behind it and some hint of awareness that it's going to hit hard for a lot of people, even a token "We've had to make tough decisions, we appreciate your continued support through these tough economical times" which of course we'd all jump upon and criticise but at least try and show you're aware. 

tickets.thumb.JPG.663bf418c9246e87139c598f355be206.JPG

11 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

re an accompanying statement / justifications, I found this on the official site, not really answering the "Why" but some attempt at comparisons with other clubs. What should really accompany such an announcement is a statement of how they've come to this decision, their justifications and explanations, the logic behind it and some hint of awareness that it's going to hit hard for a lot of people, even a token "We've had to make tough decisions, we appreciate your continued support through these tough economical times" which of course we'd all jump upon and criticise but at least try and show you're aware. 

tickets.thumb.JPG.663bf418c9246e87139c598f355be206.JPG

If you have to include that bs justification paragraph you already plainly know that this is a piss take and just don't care. Lob in a bit of mitigation like it's some achievement when actually I'd quite like us to be 20th most expensive in the Premier League and give a fvck about fans.

Just an aside for this. We've seen a couple of feeble attempts in here, but are there any KPFC defenders out on social media/anywhere justifying this or siding with the club?

When we eventually go down and stay down (so potentially 2 years away) this pretty much finishes us as a fan base. A majority of people aren't gonna want season tickets to watch us be mediocre for years in the second tier and next to no one is gonna regularly go paying these obscene prices which of course will never go back down. Wel have a half empty stadium most games. When the day comes I give up my st that ls certainly it for me.

4 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

When we eventually go down and stay down (so potentially 2 years away) this pretty much finishes us as a fan base. A majority of people aren't gonna want season tickets to watch us be mediocre for years in the second tier and next to no one is gonna regularly go paying these obscene prices which of course will never go back down. Wel have a half empty stadium most games. When the day comes I give up my st that ls certainly it for me.

See that’s the circle.. season tickets will get fed up but I as a member can’t wait to get a season ticket as I’d much rather be paying those prices to what i and all members are paying now..