Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Ownership of lcfc

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Top isn't vichai. 

You have to stop thinking of one and tagging it to the other. 

One was Incredible. One leans on the parasites in his ear 

True but the decision to put up the current statue was made by the current board.

I've not got an issue with it alongside statues of former managers or players but I still stand by saying it's odd how we have the ex owner but no players or manager.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nalis said:

True but the decision to put up the current statue was made by the current board.

I've not got an issue with it alongside statues of former managers or players but I still stand by saying it's odd how we have the ex owner but no players or manager.

I think the circumstances were likely influential in the decision to erect the statue.

Regardless of what’s occurred since, Vichai was hugely influential to the resurgence of our football club from EFL obscurity to English champions.

Although, having statues of former greats elsewhere around the stadium is something that could and maybe should happen. Out of curiosity, who would you have?

For me, Vardy is the only one from my living memory that warrants one and he’s still playing.

Edited by Leeds Fox

17 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

People so very conveniently willing to forget about the Accident. Legalaties from such an event can likely take between 2 to 5 years to unravel all the complexities.

During that times Companies are usually just ticking over with Senior staff having to make decisions they wouldn't be otherwise called to make.

Yes mistakes have been made, But if you think it's easy just look at Chelsea ! Billion wasted, Everton almost facing extinction.

I see our mistakes more as an effort to support a Manager who after winning the Cup, May have thought he knew what he was doing.

When clearly he didn't when it came to signing players, From which we are still suffering the afters.

Then they brought in Enzo which proved they have learned and  proved a masterstroke. He delivered exactly what was asked of him and yet some are still not happy.

Of 24 Clubs trying to win the Championship we were the ones that came out on top.

All the Club asks from Fans is to to support the Club. While they spend ever larger Amounts of their own money trying to help us compete at the top of the Game.

As someone who remembers all the barren years through the 70.80.90,00 with half full stadium and little success I'm loving the last 10 years.

Just relax, Let them continue to run the Club as they've done a brilliant job so Far.  While we continue to support the team and wait for more success.

I think for me whilst I agree with the majority of what you are saying, the continuous lack of communication to fans and ignorance of the everyday fan's experience are not excusable regardless of the above. Take Union FS as a prime example, they have pushed for safe standing, they have sent requests regarding tifo's which appear to be ignored. Despite last season Enzo showing how vital that section of fans were and have been, yet this is continued to be ignored even with managers stating their importance. This is without even going down the route of discussing people's roles such as John Rudkin. Whilst as a collective no one could of expected the relegation session and they have made some good decision making to fix that, some things should not be ignored as they are not excusable, especially when it is relating to the heartbeat of the club (fans). 

18 hours ago, Nalis said:

I loved Vichai but it's fvckin weird how he's still the only person we have a statue of outside our stadium. No former players or managers, nothing.

Former players or manager? You do realise the club never existed before KP. 

It was all an LSD infused dream with the odd nightmare. Pleat and McClinttock being the big nightmare.

• Like 1

There is lots wrong with every ownership - there is a minority of fans at every club that arent happy whatever, it must be really draining. 

We achieved something that will never be repeated, played in the Champions League and have won the FA cup. Have a chat with a Reading, Charlton, Everton, Man Utd, Blackpool etc supporter and see how they feel. 

On top of this (excuse the pun) you're dad dies in a tragic accident and you are chucked immediately into the firing line. 

Doesn't make him immune to criticism, but everyone is an armchair Chariman, and the biggest decision most people have had to make at work is what to have on their lunch break - not necessarily how to run a multi million £ business off the back of that backdrop. 

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 24/06/2024 at 19:57, Corky said:

Don't worry, what has happened to Reading (points deductions, embargoes, issues) is coming our way.

You sound pleased at the thought.

On 24/06/2024 at 20:55, Clever Fox said:

Just relax, Let them continue to run the Club as they've done a brilliant job so Far.  While we continue to support the team and wait for more success.

We can’t continue to support the team and wait for more success because the club have priced us out of being able to do so!

The rest of the comment I fully agree with, in terms of the last 10 years and what this ownership have done for the club.

It’s been a difficult few years for supporters to be sure. It will have been exactly the same for our owners who have shown us incredible loyalty and support during their time here. Most of us have felt disgruntled at the leadership in recent times at one point or another. However I feel they deserve our loyalty in return at least with support and backing for the coming campaign. They will know themselves when the time has come to move on but not now. 

20 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Interesting some think that those running the club is the same people as it was during the better years.

Top, Whelen, Rudkin... all still here. Yes Vichai is gone, but as I continuously state, people making him out as someone who didn't make mistakes are choosing to ignore them. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone will continue to make mistakes. What Vichai did was continuously strive for better, if he made a mistake, he'd try and correct it. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think for me whilst I agree with the majority of what you are saying, the continuous lack of communication to fans and ignorance of the everyday fan's experience are not excusable regardless of the above. Take Union FS as a prime example, they have pushed for safe standing, they have sent requests regarding tifo's which appear to be ignored. Despite last season Enzo showing how vital that section of fans were and have been, yet this is continued to be ignored even with managers stating their importance. This is without even going down the route of discussing people's roles such as John Rudkin. Whilst as a collective no one could of expected the relegation session and they have made some good decision making to fix that, some things should not be ignored as they are not excusable, especially when it is relating to the heartbeat of the club (fans). 

Yes they could reach out more to Fans, But I think that's more a cultureal upbringing in Thailand, which I believe was a Dictatorship for a long time.st to not get into any of that

The other problem is how far do they reach out. Talking is fine but when it comes to disagreement for any number of reasons, Some outside the remit of the Club.

Sometimes it's best just to not get into any of that. Especially at a time when I'm sure there's so much more pressing issues like the Stadium expansion, New Season, Signings outgoings etc.

All Managers will want the Fans onside, But look how Enzo divided Fans , Many didn't like his style of play or refusal to adapt at times.

Personnally I thought he was the best Coach I've ever seen and I've no doubt he'll deliver at Chelsea over the next couple of seasons.

Fans of all Clubs lost the right to dictate to their Clubs when they allowed the money people to take them over and run them as a business,  In some cases pocketing huge sums from the Clubs to fund their own lifestyle. This is why regulation is very much needed to protect the future of Clubs and Football in the interest of local Communities.

Thankfully we're very lucky in that our Owners have never to my knowledge taken money out of the Club. Instead putting mind blowing amounts of money to ordinary people to clear debts and

move the Club forward . While also improving the Infrastruture for years to come. 

Look forward for a minute say 10 years. Seagrave will be paid for and all debts cleared. Look at the money we will have then to put towards signings which will likely keep us in the Top Six going forward.

Yes there's a few issues with Fans, But as Clubs go I really think we have less to worry about and more to look forward too than most Clubs and Fans.

I'm excited and looking forward to the new Manager what h'ell bring and the new season in the Premiership. Even though it's going to be challenging.

Enjoy the New Season and the Football,  Hopefully. :fc: 

4 hours ago, niyaminski said:

We can’t continue to support the team and wait for more success because the club have priced us out of being able to do so!

The rest of the comment I fully agree with, in terms of the last 10 years and what this ownership have done for the club.

This is one of the issues in most Club access to live games. Hopefully the Ground expansion will help somewhat in this area.

Though my gut feeling is it will just prolong the need for a bigger stadium because we're gathering more fans year on year.

What I would like to see the Club do is provide a number of Tickets for what I'd call Country and oversea's Fans. Those living in further away from Leicester and Oversea's

I think this would help include these Fans while also speading the word of our great Club further afield. 

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

They’d get a lot more people on side if they just engaged with the fanbase. 

They come from a corrupt and autocratic country there not interested in us fans and have low opinion of us most of the income comes from tv they dont really need fans were just an irritant who they occassionly appease bevause KP doesnt like bad press ! The appalling trophy celebrations where they hijacked and invited hundreds of thai celebrities onto the pitch but fans were under threat of arrests and banning orders should show you as a fan where you stand it appalled me and left a bad taste  Even the glass in front of of the directors box was put up to stop fans wanting to shake hands im told ! It really isnt the club it was under Vichai imo

Edited by ADAMSKI97