Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Ownership of lcfc

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A hierarchy that doesn't get the club charged for financial mismanagement and passes the buck to supporters? 

Wow how unreasonable of us

Take a long careful look at the owners of some other clubs.  (Everton, Man.U, Man City, Spurs, Florists, Chelsea, even us when wheeler/dealer Mandaric was in situ.)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Take a long careful look at the owners of some other clubs.  (Everton, Man.U, Man City, Spurs, Florists, Chelsea, even us when wheeler/dealer Mandaric was in situ.)

For every one of those teams there's a club that's run absolutely fine? At this point I'll take my chances, like I say King Power have got us points deductions in probably two consecutive seasons (this season and probably next when the EFL get their hands on us), transfer embargo when we go back down, charged for price fixing by the CMA, doing deals with dodgy betting firms, what more would it take for you to want new owners?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Chuck us in that list.

Edited by SemperEadem

I tried to remove a post I posted a while back which backed king power, to a point as it embarrassed me given recent goings on.  

I can accept when I am wrong and I was very wrong.  I was "back in the fold" as it were after a long time living away and it shows the danger of commenting on things you don't have full knowledge of.  

I did and do think king power improved us initially up to a point, but with me starting to be a regular supporter again, taking a bigger interest in the forums, and listening to fellow fans and seeing the BS spouted by the club , I saw first hand just how things have deteriorated at my club.  I take it all back.  I want them out.  I want a standing section, I want a bigger singing section, I don't want to be fleeced to within an inch of my life and I want my daughter to be able to be able to get to games in years to come, not be priced out.  

That's off my chest now.  Don't feel any happier at the state of my club but KP you have totally lost any semblance of approval I may once have had for you

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

KP are worse than half on that list 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A hierarchy that doesn't get the club charged for financial mismanagement and passes the buck to supporters? 

Wow how unreasonable of us

Even beyond that, getting away from the plastic nonsense we seem obsessed with would make things better. No other club of similar stature indulges in it.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2024 at 18:56, PaulW said:

Of course there are clubs that are run absolutely fine, - at the moment, and as far as we know.

So were we until Top took his eye off the ball. 

EFL have no idea about the validity of their own regulations

You want a change of ownership because of what MIGHT happen in the seasons to come!!?

You'd better take a close look at the sponsors of the other Premier League teams.  Very few of them are paragons of virtue.

Top has been badly served by many of the people he employs, and yes, he's not the man his father was, but I'll take him over American asset strippers, money rich heads of Arab states indulging in sports washing to disguise human right abuses, and dreamers who think they can buy a club using little or no money of their own.

So to answer your question, it will take more than a couple difficult and disappointing seasons for me to slag off the club and demand fundamental changes to it's structure.

Yes. Despite mistakes look at the honours won compared to other clubs outside the usual suspects since King Power took over. Seems a lot here can just transfer their imagination into reality. Where are these new perfect owners?

• Like 4

I have had personal experience of the good side of the ownership of the club and how they will go above and beyond, which suggests that Top is very similar to Vichai, in regards to personal interaction with fans, however the general treatment of fans as now just customers of the club does grate massively with me and I feel the club as an organisation has become so disconnected in its decision making and strategy. 

I think Top either needs to try and devote more time to the club or needs to be ruthless and have a complete overhaul of the executive team that make both the day to day football and commercial/operations side as it is becoming more and more removed from a football club and more a retail/commercial entity. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 1

can we comment on responsibility for what’s happened at our club over the past few years?

we have no idea who cautioned against what and whether they were simply outvoted by the ownership OR  whether the owners allowed these charged with running the club to do so without effective controls (In hindsight). Or maybe a combination of the two. 

we can see the consequences but we don’t know where responsibility lies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the days of the King Power love in are over for us. 

They seem to have shifted their position to align with any other owner in the league. 

Having said that I think at the moment it’s better the devil you know. 

I’m not defending the ownership and it’s piss poor decisions of the past few years that have cost us dearly on the pitch and they’re seemingly couldn’t care less attitude to match going fans in trying to increase revenues to cover those poor decisions. 

But some fans live in fantasy land that we will some how be bought out by owners that won’t see it as a business that needs to be sustainable and have any long affinity or care for the fans that may have been going for their whole lives. 

The fact is with the current rules even the Saudi’s can’t spend huge sums to invest in the squad and will only come from long term infrastructure investment to increase revenues. Which billionaire will care for this provincial club to want to invest hundreds of millions to acquire and the spend hundreds of millions more over many years within the required infrastructure while funding the likely losses they’re few and far between I think people live in dream land personally. Your likely to get some kind of American Capital Investment group with faceless ownership structure that you want nowhere near a football club. 

I don’t think it’s as easier to say there are better owners out there. Even fan ownership is pie in the sky. 

The structure desperately needs to be looked at granted there is no way a forward thinking well run modern football club would have Rudkin doing the job he does with so many roles. 

• Thanks 1

I believe that if they came out, admitted the failings and properly vowed to put things right, fans would give them another chance.

That doesn't appear likely so what are we to do? Quite happy to take all the adulation when it goes well but none of the criticism when it doesn't.

16 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Or owners who deliver the most successful period in the club's history and get hung out to dry when the chips are down.

Reading are a good example of what could happen if KP sell. Their fans would be delighted to see Madejski back.

How many years of incompetence has 2016-2021 bought them? Genuine question, how much more credit do they have in the bank? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How many years of incompetence has 2016-2021 bought them? Genuine question, how much more credit do they have in the bank? 

Judging by your date selection, you seem to be suggesting that if we exclude the premier league win, they have not done very much?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd say 2010-2022  (it was a steady progression to promotion in 2014 though) and a European semifinal and finishing 8th is hardly incompetence so you're left with a disastrous 2022/23 and bouncing straight back along with the FFP. It's worth considering how we, as fans, would have felt had we not invested in transfers and wages over the years leading up to this, we're hardly alone in the FFP boat.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Or owners who deliver the most successful period in the club's history and get hung out to dry when the chips are down.

Reading are a good example of what could happen if KP sell. Their fans would be delighted to see Madejski back.

Don't worry, what has happened to Reading (points deductions, embargoes, issues) is coming our way.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Judging by your date selection, you seem to be suggesting that if we exclude the premier league win, they have not done very much?

Covered the period where they delivered two trophies that we'd never won before and when we went deep into the CL so yeah, I think that's a fair reflection of our most successful period under this ownership?

Before 2016 was similar to what we'd done before them and post FA Cup win has been steady decline.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Covered the period where they delivered two trophies that we'd never won before and when we went deep into the CL so yeah, I think that's a fair reflection of our most successful period under this ownership?

Before 2016 was similar to what we'd done before them and post FA Cup win has been steady decline.

Thought you might have started 15 was all, but yeah, covers our most successful period under KP. In terms of how much leeway does it give them. Fair amount I reckon, but stewardship is an on-going unending thing, so yes mistakes happen, just need to be seen to be learning.