Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Are you happy with Steve Cooper being appointed (as looks likely)?

Happy with Cooper?  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with Cooper as manager?

• Yes
    • No

no one can be happy with this.
We've spent a year working on a progressive style of play.  Look at what Enzo did to players like Ricardo, Vesty and Wilf.  

You can't go from that, to then bring in Steve Cooper.  

This is an absolute car crash.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

No.

I think he's the cheap option.

I think he's the easy option to get rid of when it goes tits up.

I think he's the option that's miles down the list of preferred candidates.

I think the Forest ties will be baggage that we can't afford.

I think the he starts with the impossible task of having to win fans over as well as the points deduction.

I think his style of play is a total contrast to what we were told the club wants and how we've played the last 12 months.

I think the players we have will not fit his style of play.

I have nothing against the bloke and I wish him well. I just think we're going to start the season horribly and we'll be sacking him by October because I do not see him succeeding and I do not see the club wanting to make someone like him at the heart of the rebuild we desperately need. This is a short term cheap signing until we go down.

Signing Steve Cooper just proves the board doesn't have the slightest idea what they want or what they're doing. I really do believe that.

I'm so against this appointment but the board will be even more of a joke if they sack him this season. Unless it comes with their own resignations they need to give him the season as it's inevitable we're going down

Nope, not one bit. Obviously hope he proves me wrong but has the same feeling as when we brought Dean Smith in to save us, remember that Newcastle away game :mad:

End of the season when we'd been promoted I honestly thought we could build something with Enzo. The players had bought into it, teams would have attacked more giving us plenty of room to play the system he wanted........ and then this. The club certainly know how to give our fans the highs and the lows

It’s a binary question without context 

It’s like asking if you want tonsillitis or glandular fever 

I’d rather not have either. If I have glandular fever then I’d definitely choose to have tonsilitis.   

We have no idea what our options actually are 

if potter has turned us down then do any of us know if corberan would actually leave wba 

looking at what’s happened over the past few years we shouldn’t be surprised at where we’ve ended up and the coach willing to work here. 

but it is what it is 

I can’t vote that I’m happy with copper cos I’d prefer klopp.  But if he’s appointed then I’m behind him and I expect him to do a decent job 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Where’s the fuk no option ? 

Just be glad I didn't make it public so we don't all find out you are a closet cooperite lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick6666 said:

They waited for you just to be in a state of I'm just happy to have a manager ..

They ain't stupid 

We're not even close to pre-season. Some just have no patience or they refuse to see the bigger picture. 

The next manager is so important but these people can't go 5 seconds without refreshing FT, X or Facebook to see the latest news.  I think that there are Leicester fans that would rather we sign Steve Cooper today than wait two weeks for Pep Guardiola.

1 minute ago, WoodyFox said:

To think Rodgers masterminded a 4-0 over this bloke

Masterminded is a bit of a stretch.

IIRC it was two shite teams and we scored our only chances.