Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Are you happy with Steve Cooper being appointed (as looks likely)?

Happy with Cooper?  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with Cooper as manager?

• Yes
    • No

I think it is disingenuous to suggest he is the first choice, if so, he would have been appointed weeks ago.

Just seems we are looking in the bargain bin for an appointment but he has a point to prove and is still a very young, hungry manager.

3 minutes ago, nick6666 said:

They waited for you just to be in a state of I'm just happy to have a manager ..

They ain't stupid 

They've also leaked that signings are lined up for as soon as he comes in.

• Like 1

honestly i dont care either way, think we need to get someone who can unite the club, it could be cooper it might not

not his fault all in all, the club is in a shambles on and off the pitch, 

if he gets it of course i'll back him till i see fit

Don't have anything against the guy. The issue I have is that the type of football he plays doesn't fit with the ethos the club have been developing. The Potter appointment made sense. This one just doesn't really imho.

I'm also concerned the board have even less of a clue of what they're doing than I thought...and that's going some

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

They've also leaked that signings are lined up for as soon as he comes in.

Why does everything need to be a conspiracy theory?

I voted no because I don't think he is the 1 to get us 40-45 points this season to keep us up. I think he was the easy/cheap choice not the correct choice.

I don't know if we even looked around Europe for a new manager. The prem experience thing means nothing to me at some stage or another every manager in the prem had no experience managing in the prem. It's like the old saying if your good enough your old enough same goes for experience for me if your good enough you will earn that experience 

No, but if appointed he needs to be given a fair go.  Appointing managers is not an exact science, his style might gel with the players/owners/fans and turn out great.  It might not - but he will deserve a chance.

Just now, stanners said:

No, but if appointed he needs to be given a fair go.  Appointing managers is not an exact science, his style might gel with the players/owners/fans and turn out great.  It might not - but he will deserve a chance.

It's not his fault in fairness

I voted yes.  Given the pool of managers who would consider taking us on, I think He is about the best we can muster.

He has experience of the league, and the fans at forest were generally behind him to the end, which speaks to something.

Not a sexy choice, but given the struggles we will probably be up against this season, let's be realistic.

• Like 4

Neither happy or unhappy. I remember me and a few mates during the end of Rodgers tenure saying we’d take Cooper in a heartbeat! He is a good coach with more strings to his bow than the intransigent Maresca, though with the make up of our squad wouldn’t be a bit surprising to see him set up to play the Enzo way….. then we’ll see if we can do it at this level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Made Rodgers look a twat twice at City ground. 

TBF  that particular experience was equalled on numerous occasions by various other coaches.