Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Are you happy with Steve Cooper being appointed (as looks likely)?

Happy with Cooper?  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with Cooper as manager?

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

To think Rodgers masterminded a 4-0 over this bloke

In the same season though they beat Arsenal and Liverpool at home so who's the real mastermind. Makes you think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Made Rodgers look a twat twice at City ground. 

Not hard for a Leicester City manager to look like a twat at the City ground though is it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Absolutely no from me. Very surprised that so many are saying they are "happy". Was expecting 80/20 against the appointment. 

It'll be the same lot that clapped along whilst Rodgers got us relegated 

• Like 3

Not happy but we need a manager so we can just get on with preparation and planning for the season, so while I won’t be happy with Cooper, I’ll be happy that at least we won’t be in limbo 

Honestly I’d have taken him in the championship but for me now this shows a lack of ambition and that we are also screwed financially. Still I wasn’t pro Enzo so I’ve literally got what I asked for I guess!

LOL

2/3rds dont want Cooper, a very similar percentage wanted Maresca out with a few matches to go when "he" had blown a double digit lead!!!

We need to be fair here and remember we are not the Leicester of 24 months ago. Loads of freebies gone, arguably 100m put in the bin instead of selling. points deduction coming,. squad now bottom 5 really.

I cant see why we should be fussy

• Like 1

I don’t mind this appointment. All things being even with Potter (in terms of desire), I actually think Cooper would be the better fit for us in our situation. Even if Potter is deemed the better manager, it doesn’t necessarily make him right for the situation. A Cooper who wants it over a not bothered, needs a lot of convincing Potter is a no brainer for me.

Cooper clearly values youth and hopefully we will see that. I also think much of what happened at Forest was above his control and he still achieved what we will be happy with this season if we can achieve it.

I’d hope he shows more of what he did with Forest in the Championship style wise but he will definitely be pragmatic and adapt to the circumstances. Whether it will be enough is another matter.

Unfortunately, due to the Forest connections and his looks, many are already hounding him out before he is even started. It’s a bit pathetic to see people counting how many games they can give him before calling for his head. 

• Like 2

No. 

Firmly believer in the Forest nonsense - he’s said as much 

Style of football that increasingly becomes wretched subject to form 

Don’t think it’s the sort of appointment which gets players interested in joining lcfc 

No invention by the board to think outside the box 

• Like 2

An underwhelming could be better, could be worse type of appointment. 

I just hope we back him by getting some British talent through the door, if not then I’ll find it difficult to care. 

1 hour ago, ozvaldo said:

no one can be happy with this.
We've spent a year working on a progressive style of play.  Look at what Enzo did to players like Ricardo, Vesty and Wilf.  

You can't go from that, to then bring in Steve Cooper.  

This is an absolute car crash.

Agreed

More than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He also could have waited for a much easier gig but appears up for the challenge.

We need to back him with some new signings and then as fans need to back him from the stands. Will take a collective effort to achieve our goals this season 

Beggars can’t be choosers either. Can’t imagine there is a long queue of managers wanting to take us on 

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff