Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Are you happy with Steve Cooper being appointed (as looks likely)?

Happy with Cooper?  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with Cooper as manager?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

No. 

Firmly believer in the Forest nonsense - he’s said as much 

Style of football that increasingly becomes wretched subject to form 

Don’t think it’s the sort of appointment which gets players interested in joining lcfc 

No invention by the board to think outside the box 

This is a big issue for me. We're not going to be attractive as it is, given the likely big points deduction, so we really needed a manager who players would be excited to play for. Maresca quickly convinced players to stay last season, despite being in the Championship, because he sold an exciting vision. Just can't see Cooper having the same effect. Can't see Winks and Ricardo wanting to play in a low block team watching the ball sail over their heads. Plus, it's not even like we have a squad set up for sh1tehouse ball, like Everton did when Dyche came in. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

I voted no, but the answer is more nuanced. 

The reason I voted that way is because we definitely had a clear style and identity last season and looked like building the team around it. Many didn’t like the approach, but at least the direction was clear. 

This appointment isn’t the worst in terms of the manager, but it goes completely against the blueprint we were establishing. It plays into the hands of people who believe we’ve got no strategy or direction at the top of the club. For these reasons the appointment is a confusing one. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I voted no, but the answer is more nuanced. 

The reason I voted that way is because we definitely had a clear style and identity last season and looked like building the team around it. Many didn’t like the approach, but at least the direction was clear. 

This appointment isn’t the worst in terms of the manager, but it goes completely against the blueprint we were establishing. It plays into the hands of people who believe we’ve got no strategy or direction at the top of the club. For these reasons the appointment is a confusing one. 

And yet many thought the Maresca style of play would not transfer to the Premiership with the players at our disposal. Won the League but still managed to lose 11 games in the Championship too.

Not really. But its his job now to prove he is the right choice. Looking forward to being pleasantly surprised, but my expectations for the season are far lower than if we had Enzo still in the job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Not but we can't do much. Will give him my backing and give him some time. 

My frustration lies more with the hierarchy who seem to consistently think of new ways to fail us as fans these days. 

I'm with @StanSP on this. 

If we want to survive the premier league, we have to back him.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

It's been a while since we've had a prospective manager received as negatively as this one.. Ranieri? Puel? Nearly 70% against lol

I raise you Jesse Marsch!

'Blooper Cooper'. I can envisage the back page headlines now. I’m more than happy to be proven wrong obviously but this appointment is giving me the same gut feeling last felt when the club appointed Gary Megson.

Edited by ashbyj

He's basically a younger version of Steve Bruce or Chris Wilder. Readjusting to our new lowly status in the pecking order is not easy to take. This appointment is maybe the point at which I've reluctantly reached acceptance on the grief curve. 

Anybody that uses the reasoning "he wasn't good enough for Forest" isn't worth having a debate with, nobody is good enough for Maranakis. O'Neill wasn't good enough for him. Let's have it right, Pearson wasn't good enough for Southampton. Half our managers haven't been good enough elsewhere.

It's a pretty pathetic argument.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxes BC said:

I don't mind Cooper, think he did a great job at Forest. However, his style of football does not follow the possession based, high-press style that I thought the owners wanted 🤔 

I genuinely don't think the owners know anything about football. Which would be OK if they knew about running a business/football club. Sadly I'm not sure of that either these days 

Just now, 420Hashish said:

If he does get appointed, all we can do is back him. Going into the first match already on his back is not going to be a good sign for the season. 

We're not discussing the support here. It's without question we'll support anybody because we love our team.