Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Are you happy with Steve Cooper being appointed (as looks likely)?

Happy with Cooper?  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with Cooper as manager?

• Yes
    • No

The club statement will undoubtedly lie that he was the first choice all along.

Cooper himself is not the problem. He will start here with a clean slate. It’s the increasingly unedifying, fan-unfriendly incompetence of those in charge that has me worried.

• Like 1

As no one else has seriously linked I'd rather Cooper be here as he seems to want the job.

The option of Potter not really wanting it and wanting the England job scares me more. Six weeks time and Potter jumps ship would put us in the sh1t.

48 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

No, but that's only because I was set on Potter or Corberan. Willing to give him a chance. As others have said in the countless other threads, we need someone who is likely to not want to jump ship in the event of a possible relegation in 10 months time. He's not as bad as some people are making out.

It's just a sign of how far we've fallen and how dire the situation at the club is that he's the best option we can get in at the moment (no disrespect intended to him). The fact that he's still willing to come in despite the situation the club is in says all I need to know for now.

I'll support anyone we bring in

That’s cos he is desperate for a job 

I’m just happy we’ve got somebody through the door and can crack on with preparing for next season but I wasn’t expecting him to get the job.

Whether you like it or not he deserves a chance to win people over. Last thing we need right now is fans getting straight on his back from game one.

• Like 4

Completely uninspiring, underwhelming and unimaginative appointment. All of the positivity and momentum from last season has been drained back out of the club by the owners and DoF. I have never felt so flat, disinterested and disconnected from the club as I do now. 

Do we really think this appointment aligns with supposed strategy and vision, absolutely not, massive hike in ticket prices, pocket a shit load of compo for our manager and appoint his replacement out of the bargain bin, just watch a load of cheap and cheerful signings come in and a few of the remaining jewels sold, feels like this season will be nothing more than an opportunity to refil the financial coffers. 

Fixtures had been out less than 2 hours when I got LCFC hospitality on trying to seduce me into buying packages, guess they will get a reply once the formal announcement is made. 

Nothing against Cooper it’s not his fault, but what an absolutely dire appointment by the club. Clueless and so far removed from the fanbase I am done with the ownership and Rudkin, just wish they would leave now as they are slowly killing this club and everything that was good about it 🥲

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

This just doesn't feel like a good fit at all. 

I'll back him 100% but it appears to me to be an appointment out of desperation rather than the club recruiting their number one target. 

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Would have preferred Potter and wouldn’t have had a problem with Moyes either tbh.

Cooper… my first thought is ‘meh’

Same here. Meh is the only real emotion at this point. But I think he's an honest guy and he's likeable, he seems to fully involve himself in clubs, and at least we might get some game time for the likes of Alves etc.

• Like 1

Shopping in the bargain bin, simple as that. Was the same when they were after that Leeds yank and appointed Smith. Relegation is the only outcome. If we were still in the Championship id say it was a decent appointment. Him as a Premier League appointment is absolutely diabolical 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1