Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Are you happy with Steve Cooper being appointed (as looks likely)?

Happy with Cooper?  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with Cooper as manager?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This is the problem with leicester fans.

The reason nothing at the club is changing because none of the fans have any bollocks to stand upto the club.

Always saying support the club no matter what.

What about when the club isn't supporting the fans giving the fans a little back instead of hiking the prices up. Appointing a poorer head coach than Gareth Southgate.

Just support the club no matter what **** me until the fans stand together and give it to the owner and the board members nothing will change the only people that can force the changes is the fans so stop acting like it doesn't bother you and put up a fight together to stop them running this club into league 1 or worse because that's where we are going.

Absolute shambles need to make a stand and get them out of the club 

It’s not 20 years ago, they don’t need you. Why does this still need explaining?? :angry:

• Like 1

Not overly convinced with it, but if someone said on the last day of the season we’d have Steve Cooper in charge at the start of the season, I probably wouldn’t have been that bothered. 

36 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This is the problem with leicester fans.

The reason nothing at the club is changing because none of the fans have any bollocks to stand upto the club.

Always saying support the club no matter what.

What about when the club isn't supporting the fans giving the fans a little back instead of hiking the prices up. Appointing a poorer head coach than Gareth Southgate.

Just support the club no matter what **** me until the fans stand together and give it to the owner and the board members nothing will change the only people that can force the changes is the fans so stop acting like it doesn't bother you and put up a fight together to stop them running this club into league 1 or worse because that's where we are going.

Absolute shambles need to make a stand and get them out of the club 

You can't be serious. Have you realised what this club have achieved the past 10 years? Ofc we'll express our disappointment regarding certain club decisions but our support is undeniable and non negotiable. 

Do you think Top was happy or even ready to inherit the club? It's easy to say he could have sold but this club is not your neighbourhood kebab takeaway. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

You can't be serious. Have you realised what this club have achieved the past 10 years? Ofc we'll express our disappointment regarding certain club decisions but our support is undeniable and non negotiable. 

Do you think Top was happy or even ready to inherit the club? It's easy to say he could have sold but this club is not your neighbourhood kebab takeaway. 

Then you are part of the problem 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

not very happy with this, I wasn’t happy when ranieri was appointed either though.

Indeed, I remember most not being happy with Claudio pre season.  Hopefully thats a lesson that shows we shouldnt be writing off managers before they get a game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Shopping in the bargain bin, simple as that. Was the same when they were after that Leeds yank and appointed Smith. Relegation is the only outcome. If we were still in the Championship id say it was a decent appointment. Him as a Premier League appointment is absolutely diabolical 

Spot on.

Underwhelmed.

I think he’s got his qualities, but I can’t look past his negative tactics at Forest. We need more pragmatism next season, but this feels totally at odds with everything we’ve been building over the last year.

I think my main frustration is that it’s another peek behind the curtain of a club where nothing adds up. There’s zero joined up thinking.

I think he may be good at creating a siege mentality, but it just reeks of an appointment that will underwhelm and then get thrown under the bus by the people that are the real problem.

• Like 2

Absolutely terrible football manager. We will be relegated - this guy is obviously brought in to prepare for a Championship relegation battle. Worse than the likes of Farke. 

Only positive is it may see the end of Rudkin when we are bottom with no wins at Christmas. I hope to god we don't give him a stupid 4 year contract or something. 

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Underwhelmed.

I think he’s got his qualities, but I can’t look past his negative tactics at Forest. We need more pragmatism next season, but this feels totally at odds with everything we’ve been building over the last year.

I think my main frustration is that it’s another peek behind the curtain of a club where nothing adds up. There’s zero joined up thinking.

I think he may be good at creating a siege mentality, but it just reeks of an appointment that will underwhelm and then get thrown under the bus by the people that are the real problem.

Pretty much where I'm at. I sorely hope the stuff Forest played under him was a result of the disjointed nature of their squad or else this season is going to be even more unpleasant than previously anticipated. I don't get how going from Maresca to Cooper fits in with our "vision", or how we end up with the final two of our shortlist being Cooper and Potter - what have they got in common besides both working in England? Does nothing whatsoever to dispel the notion that they're just making it up as they go.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Indeed, I remember most not being happy with Claudio pre season.  Hopefully thats a lesson that shows we shouldnt be writing off managers before they get a game.

Weirdly I was lol 

35 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Underwhelmed.

I think he may be good at creating a siege mentality

We haven't really built anything over the last year. We'd be absolutely screwed playing enzoball in the prem against teams much better than us. Cooper is underwhelming and we may well go down with him but less pissession football and a much much more pragmatic approach at least gives us a chance. If he can get a siege mentality at the club again itl be the best thing a manager has created here in ages.

• Like 1

I don't see how his appointment would fit the supposed playing ethos the owner wants.

His connections to Forest mean that if things go badly, and with Cooper I fear there is a more than likely chance they will, the fans will quickly turn against him and we risk a toxic match atmosphere.

Also from a player point of view who may be considering to come to Leicester he's hardly a positive reason to sign for us.

Looks like a desperate appointment. Obviously hope he does ok but suspect he's likely to be out by Christmas.