Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Are you happy with Steve Cooper being appointed (as looks likely)?

Happy with Cooper?  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with Cooper as manager?

• Yes
    • No

I’m willing to give him a chance.  He’s not your average British manager (which right now I have little confidence in).  He’s learned much from Jose Segura, who has shown to be a good tactician.  So, let’s hope he does well.  He may surprise us.

• Like 3

I've always said wouldnt mind giving him a go so let's behind him and the lads 

He's gor a tough job on his hands but he will bring everyone together.  Cmon u foxes!

Tbh I think Potter is holding out for the England job

• Like 1

The desire for Potter over Cooper baffles me… Is it the fact Potter wore a turtle neck at Chelsea for 5 months? Or the fact Cooper managed Forest? 

I’d rather neither but I don’t get the massive sway for one over the other 

4 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

The desire for Potter over Cooper baffles me… Is it the fact Potter wore a turtle neck at Chelsea for 5 months? Or the fact Cooper managed Forest? 

I’m in the same boat. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

potter would at least indicate joined up thinking and a long range plan at the club, with a stylistic ethos that managers and players are slotted into. Cooper indicates that there's absolutely no plan, just bumbling idiots throwing darts at a wall to make decisions. absolutely rancid appointment and when it fails Rudkin needs to be tarred, feathered and run out of town.

27 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

potter would at least indicate joined up thinking and a long range plan at the club, with a stylistic ethos that managers and players are slotted into. Cooper indicates that there's absolutely no plan, just bumbling idiots throwing darts at a wall to make decisions. absolutely rancid appointment and when it fails Rudkin needs to be tarred, feathered and run out of town.

It would indicate a continuation of the "vision", you're right. But not many were enjoying that vision. I wouldn't be so sure that Cooper wouldn't continue this if we are in a better position in the future.

Right now, it needs pragmatism. Something I certainly didn't see from Enzo. He looked happier being pounded by Chelsea 4-2 than he did beating Southampton 5-0. I certainly don't think Potter would have been much better in that regard.

I feel more hopeful with Cooper than either of them. I think if they want to continue the boring possession based football there is time for that in the future. 

• Like 1

I wanted an unknown foreigner. I like unknown  foreigners even though they often disappoint after a honeymoon period. He would be well down my list of appointees but that said, if he comes in I’ll back him fully unless and until results and decision making erode  that support 

Whilst guilty of if in the past I also hope that any derogatory references to his appearance are met with an instant ban. He’s not entering a beauty contest FFS and if he gets us playing some entertaining football I’ll be delighted 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 2

I can’t say I’m thrilled or pişșed off tbf. If anything I’m just really angry at the clubs hierarchy the lack of communication has been deafening. It was always going to be tough this season but now it’s got a hell of a lot worse. We put all our eggs in one basket again with potter which I think it’s the 3rd time we’ve done this??? And know we’re getting a manager who wasn’t even the top pick by the club. Fantastic Rudkin your in a class of your own 👏👏

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

It would indicate a continuation of the "vision", you're right. But not many were enjoying that vision. I wouldn't be so sure that Cooper wouldn't continue this if we are in a better position in the future.

Right now, it needs pragmatism. Something I certainly didn't see from Enzo. He looked happier being pounded by Chelsea 4-2 than he did beating Southampton 5-0. I certainly don't think Potter would have been much better in that regard.

I feel more hopeful with Cooper than either of them. I think if they want to continue the boring possession based football there is time for that in the future. 

If you think possession football is boring, wait until you are watching us camped on the edge of our box for 80% of the game whilst touching the ball in the opposition's box about 3 times per game  which is pretty much what he served up at Forest. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

If you think possession football is boring, wait until you are watching us camped on the edge of our box for 80% of the game whilst touching the ball in the opposition's box about 3 times per game  which is pretty much what he served up at Forest. 

Buts he’s PrAgMaTIC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Sign of things to come.. we are going to have to endure some kind of Forest reference in commentary/coverage of all our games now. Also looking forward to it on here when he claps their fans after they likely hammer us.

When I was 9 I came home from school one day and my mum said I couldn't go straight out because my Uncle Stu was coming round with a new bike each for me and my brother. I couldn't believe it. A new bike!

Anyways, when my Uncle Stu arrived. It turns out these 'new' bikes were ones he'd literally found in his neighbours skip. I remember him saying "I can't believe the neighbours were throwing these out, they're perfectly usable". They were total shit.

I feel this nicely sums up my feelings on the Potter / Cooper situation 

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't have chosen him and if we have early bad results he will have the fans against him early on.

Thank said, I think he is a decent coach and guy and did do a decent job at forest. We can't do anything about it other than get behind him and the team in the hope he'll keep us up.