Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

Positives on the impending Cooper appointment

On 21/06/2024 at 10:22, Babylon said:

In some cases maybe, in many cases I don't think that's the reason. Tielemans, doubt it. IMO he thought his stock was going to be high, reality is it dropped off a cliff. If we'd been competitive still I think he'd have just signed on again. Soyuncu, likely to have been tapped up by some European clubs who were never going to pay what we wanted, and just saw it as a good way to get a good move. Maddison, again he was running it down to get the power back as we'd likely have wanted so much it would put off buyers. 

Some of the lower down players like Pratt, they've admitted we blocked moves due to thinking we couldn't replace his versibility. Then you have others whereby us letting them go cheap would mean even more PSR issues. And as I say, why sell a player cheap if you can't afford a better player, see Mendy situation. 

Tielemans got out at the right time history will say.

His stock has never been higher and his stock had hardly dropped off a cliff as you said or he wouldn't have got the move he did at a much more competitive club..

Edited by themightyfin

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Tielemans got out at the eight time history will say.

His stock has never been higher and his stock had hardly dropped off a cliff as you said or he wouldn't have got the move he did at a much more competitive club..

Certainly didn't drop off a cliff but equally, was nowhere near where it had been. If he'd been available on a free 2 years or even 1 prior, every top club in Europe would have been considering him

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

I honestly find it disgraceful that people have to resort to making jokes about his facial appearance. It's not something one can control. From what I've read from Forest fans, he has a great character and a genuinely nice person.

I wonder how those people look like behind the safety of their keyboards. They're obviously lacking character, would be perfect if they resemble fat Voldemorts too. 

Well said!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Tielemans got out at the right time history will say.

Of course it dropped off, his form here got worse and there was talk of huge clubs being interested. He was turning down contracts here when we were in a far better place than Villa were when he signed. 

• Like 1

The best thing anyone seems to be able to say about Cooper is he’s a nice guy and he’s up for the job. We’re a premier league club, someone being “up for the job” isn’t something that should be seen as a positive, it’s a baseline expectation. Awful awful appointment 

6 hours ago, RyCleary said:

The best thing anyone seems to be able to say about Cooper is he’s a nice guy and he’s up for the job. We’re a premier league club, someone being “up for the job” isn’t something that should be seen as a positive, it’s a baseline expectation. Awful awful appointment 

I don't think he's anyone's dream appointment - ragtag squad or not, his Forest played some of the worst football I have ever seen - but while we are a Premier League club, we are also a basket case relegation candidate and he has recent history of keeping one of those up, as well as a track record of developing young talent which is very important if we want to stop haemorrhaging money. After Rodgers' self-sabotage and Enzo leaving after one season I don't blame people for warming to the prospect of a manager who might actually want to be here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RyCleary said:

We are a premier league one, but to be honest, probably the one with least upside due to our historic financial issues. As @Guest says too, someone who wants to be here is a big plus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We are a premier league one, but to be honest, probably the one with least upside due to our historic financial issues. As @Guest says too, someone who wants to be here is a big plus.

So there’s 20 prem jobs in the world and we should be happy that the guy we’ve chosen wants to be here? That’s a wild take. It’s a free hit in the best league in the world ffs

Just now, RyCleary said:

So there’s 20 prem jobs in the world and we should be happy that the guy we’ve chosen wants to be here? That’s a wild take. It’s a free hit in the best league in the world ffs

Then why are we not hearing of people kicking the door in? Best we heard was Cooper or Steve Bruce. Something is rotten.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Then why are we not hearing of people kicking the door in? Best we heard was Cooper or Steve Bruce. Something is rotten.

No we heard Corberan, Potter etc, club is just too useless to get them done or approach anyone remotely outside the box 

21 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

No we heard Corberan, Potter etc, club is just too useless to get them done or approach anyone remotely outside the box 

We might have had some interested parties but ultimately this was the one who was judged the best fit. 

We don't know what Potter wanted.

34 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Those are just linked by the media, I was referring to if we were such a draw for managers, who apart from Cooper and Bruce threw their hat in the ring?

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Those are just linked by the media, I was referring to if we were such a draw for managers, who apart from Cooper and Bruce threw their hat in the ring?

Been well reported potter had verbally agreed and it Leicester not wanting to pay for the back room staff and Corberan we didn’t want to pay the money. If we had any actual creativity there’s plenty of managers abroad we could have gone after as well. 

10 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Been well reported potter had verbally agreed and it Leicester not wanting to pay for the back room staff and Corberan we didn’t want to pay the money. If we had any actual creativity there’s plenty of managers abroad we could have gone after as well. 

No doubt about the managers abroad, but my point about being approached remains, it’s always us doing the asking apart from one or two.

1 hour ago, RyCleary said:

Where was this reported? 

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nothing wrong with Cooper and 1 million times better than Potter.

Potter would have been Brendon mark 2

In a football sense-but without the psychopathic narcissistic.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

As my dad always said, don't make judgements without reason.  Give everyone a chance.

Unless cooper shows he isn't up to it, then he gets my support.  Give everyone a chance until they prove they don't deserve another one.

And it should be remembered he is a professional.  He will want to do a good job.  Losing at football isn't much fun for anyone, fans players or managers.  

Philosophical eh? 

Yes, let's be honest we're not as much of a free hit as some are making out. If he fails here he would really struggle to get another prem job IMO. So he obviously backs himself.

• Like 1