Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

Positives on the impending Cooper appointment

Guest Col city fan
33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Based on have a job that will pay you millions whether you are successful or not.

Yeah my heart bleeds for him....

I agree

I have a feeling we’ll do so badly under Cooper that he’ll be out by Christmas with a massive pay-off.

I wouldn’t worry for him…

Tbh though, any manager would have a huge job on their hands keeping Leicester up next season. Points deduction, little money with which to invest in players, and it’s highly likely more will want to leave if we start 6/7 points in arrears.

It’ll challenge anyone I suspect.

1 minute ago, VLC86 said:

People have completely had their heads in the sand on KDH leaving. It’s been widely reported to be happening for months and yet it’s being treated as a shock.

I shouldn’t be surprised as much by how people have taken losing KDH. Maybe the penny might finally be dropping on how irresponsible the top level of the hierarchy have been financially.  

This KDH deal has been in the offering as early as December

• Like 4

Heard from a mate of mine who is usually fairly accurate that we will be spending in the region of £60 million all in. Whether that includes the Fatawu fee I don’t know.  More than I was expecting but likely less than we need to realistically stay up. We will start to see soon enough now. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Absolutely certain Cooper would have been aware that KDH would be sold 

Yes I know, it was a shite joke, because I'm struggling to find any positives.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

It’s been positive to me personally in the sense that anyone who’s made comments about his looks has now been added to my “don’t listen to this nobber ever again” mental list. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

It’s been positive to me personally in the sense that anyone who’s made comments about his looks has now been added to my “don’t listen to this nobber ever again” mental list. 

My dad named our cat nobber when I was a kid. True story

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Pretty large proportion of the forum then!

• Haha 2

There will be a 3 year plan.  He will stay in place until the end of that plan....

1) no one expects survival...   so relegation it will be.  Start to rebuild squad.

2) 2nd year of rebuild, expect to stay in Champ, finishing no lower than 8th

3) Get promoted- doesn't matter how. Vesty can be let go of then, lol!

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Absolutely certain Cooper would have been aware that KDH would be sold 

Yes he mentioned when he was walking round Seagrave he bumped into him an seemed to go out of his way to say that KDH had this great relationship with Rudkin. 

I thought at the time why was KDH there if we weren't flogging him and that the Rudkin thing seemed to be pure propaganda as we all know he's a complete and utter tosspot. 

On a positive it's pretty positive in terms of the players we're linked with and that we should be getting 2 new young players in the next week in Fatawu and Golding - We need to get back to the strategy that did previously served us well until we went all Billy Big Bolloxs without the know how 

26 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes he mentioned when he was walking round Seagrave he bumped into him an seemed to go out of his way to say that KDH had this great relationship with Rudkin. 

I thought at the time why was KDH there if we weren't flogging him and that the Rudkin thing seemed to be pure propaganda as we all know he's a complete and utter tosspot. 

On a positive it's pretty positive in terms of the players we're linked with and that we should be getting 2 new young players in the next week in Fatawu and Golding - We need to get back to the strategy that did previously served us well until we went all Billy Big Bolloxs without the know how 

Tbf KDH was injured at the end of the season, so very likely he was in for rehab stuff 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Heard from a mate of mine who is usually fairly accurate that we will be spending in the region of £60 million all in. Whether that includes the Fatawu fee I don’t know.  More than I was expecting but likely less than we need to realistically stay up. We will start to see soon enough now. 

This would make sense to me.

Our amortisation is pretty low at about 29m - most pl clubs tend to be around 40-45m so you could assume 50m ish spread over 5 year contracts would be another 10m.

It depends how much we've stitched ourselves up on wages.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I shouldn’t be surprised as much by how people have taken losing KDH. Maybe the penny might finally be dropping on how irresponsible the top level of the hierarchy have been financially.  

Didn't someone call this back then and it got called bullshit by several on here?

Think it was the artist formerly known as Cardiff Fox.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

100% 

If the King Power sympathisers can’t see this now they never will. 

As a fan base we shouldn’t be tolerating this at all. Our best player, a home grown talent sold because someone can’t use an abacus. It’s horrendous.

With our first game on Sky, we as a fan base have the perfect opportunity to embarrass the club and the owners. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes I feel a bit sorry for Cooper now having to work with our management / hierarchy buffoons 

He'll be lucky to make Christmas bless him 

His last owner was a grade A nut job.

This will be a walk in the park after his last gig.   

He will last the season & keep us up. Not a doubt in my mind !!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Very good read in the Telegraph about Cooper and his plans for the club: 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/07/08/steve-cooper-leicester-city-zoom-calls-transfer-news-coach/

Excited by this. 

really good read that, can see why the forest fans loved him so much, 

off the pitch hes a really nice bloke too

personally dont get the whole hes been at forest stuff; isnt the biggest name in the world, but if he can get more of a connect between the fans and the club then hes a miracle worker

at times it feels like we are sort of making steady progress again on the football side but the other side of the club still feels like a mess

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Very good read in the Telegraph about Cooper and his plans for the club: 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/07/08/steve-cooper-leicester-city-zoom-calls-transfer-news-coach/

Excited by this. 

Concerning about prioritising experience in the prem. As a club our model needs to be buy young and cheap and sell high, not drop stupid wages on journeyman