Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

Positives on the impending Cooper appointment

53 minutes ago, brookfox said:

If he loses his first 6 games we can all hand back out STs, Top can wind the club up and we can all get on with our lives able to tell our grandchildren about Ranieri and the magic of 2015/16.

And brag about how we killed LCFC.😔

if the England job becomes available, hope Potter doesn’t get it.

He’ll be hungry, it’s a big move for him, if he gets this wrong a Prem side wouldn’t hire him. That hunger, his personality and his ability with young players makes me think he could do well here. He’s a great bloke and will lead the football club with class unlike a lot in the Prem. 

Top will have appointed him on the premise that he’s coming here to play football, I’d be very surprised if we play as Forest did. 

Wasn’t at all who I wanted personally but I’m over it and i do see many positives 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Lots of Forest fans love him, that has to be a good sign.

Really?

They all love to point out the glory days.

But fact is most of them were not even running around in the old man's ball bag let alone born.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Positives

• Did a decent job taking over Swansea, who finished 10th, and steering them to 6th and 4th. They've not touched those heights since. 

• Steered Forest to the premier league from the position they were in the Championship, which was literally akin to polishing a turd.

• The above means if the worst happens, we have a proven competitive Championship manager. 

• Has premier league experience. 

• Kept Forest in the premier league despite losing lots of players and having a crackpot owner and transfer policy. Their best league finish since 1998 / 1999

• Was widely respected as a youth team coach, moving from Wrexham to Liverpool, and then to England where he won trophies. 

• Likes to play and blood youth team players, likely to be the way we need to go with the new financial restrictions. 

• Known to be a good man manager and liked by his players. 

• States that he wants to play attacking, attractive football, and clarified he still wants to play that way but the harsh realities of the premier league and the fact they were shipping goals meant they had to change it at Forest. 

• He's young, he's only the same age as Maresca. 

• He's likely to be relatively cheap in comparison with Potter, helping with the financial issues. 

Nagatives

• Worked for Nottingham Forest like our greatest ever captain. 

• Question marks about his style of play in the premier league. 

• Apparently a low win percentage is a really bad thing for a newly promoted team, even if they stay up. 

His name isn't Seve Cooperos, doesn't wear chinos and turtle necks, and thus doesn't get the juices flowing of the Foxestalk natives. 

HA

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

He’ll be hungry, it’s a big move for him, if he gets this wrong a Prem side wouldn’t hire him. That hunger, his personality and his ability with young players makes me think he could do well here. He’s a great bloke and will lead the football club with class unlike a lot in the Prem. 

Top will have appointed him on the premise that he’s coming here to play football, I’d be very surprised if we play as Forest did. 

Wasn’t at all who I wanted personally but I’m over it and i do see many positives 

Agree 100%.....And our squad has had a year to knit together. We could do rather well this year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Positives

• Did a decent job taking over Swansea, who finished 10th, and steering them to 6th and 4th. They've not touched those heights since. 

• Steered Forest to the premier league from the position they were in the Championship, which was literally akin to polishing a turd.

• The above means if the worst happens, we have a proven competitive Championship manager. 

• Kept Forest in the premier league despite losing lots of players and having a crackpot owner and transfer policy. Their best league finish since 1998 / 1999

• Was widely respected as a youth team coach, moving from Wrexham to Liverpool, and then to England where he won trophies. 

• Likes to play and blood youth team players, likely to be the way we need to go with the new financial restrictions. 

• Fosters a real togetherness in his squads. 

• States that he wants to play attacking, attractive football, and clarified he still wants to play that way but the harsh realities of the premier league and the fact they were shipping goals meant they had to change it at Forest. 

• He's likely to be relatively cheap in comparison with Potter, helping with the financial issues. 

Nagatives

• Apparently a low win percentage is a really bad thing for a newly promoted team, even if they stay up. 

• His name isn't Seve Cooperos, doesn't wear chinos and turtle necks, and thus doesn't get the juices flowing of the Foxestalk natives. 

You are definitely related to Rudkin, did he fax this over to you this morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

3a29a6c5-c53c-4269-b3c7-1d73de28a150.thumb.jpeg.921ab86f2d2117bf21d7c2b056f040f9.jpeg

Would these statistics been very different if say Pep had been at the helm of Forest?  A different group of players will for sure produce different numbers even when coached by the same person - well hopefully :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

You are definitely related to Rudkin, did he fax this over to you this morning.

In all seriousness,  I have no idea how it will turn out. The biggest negative people come up with is style of play, but he played very differently in his first season there compared to the premier league. He's preached that he likes entertaining attacking football, but he's also said he's realistic in achieving it. He explained to Forest the realities of the premier league; the ruthlessness of the finishing, etc, meant they were shipping too many goals, and he felt he had to change the style. They stopped up, so in the end, it was justified. 

There are certainly concerns he might give up on the attacking, passing philosophy too quickly. But all I heard last season from the fans was how inflexible we were and that if we played like that, we'd get hammered in the premier league. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Positives

• Fosters a real togetherness in his squads. 

Nagatives

• His name isn't Seve Cooperos, doesn't wear chinos and turtle necks, and thus doesn't get the juices flowing of the Foxestalk natives. 

Absolute nonsense.

He does wear chinos, look..

Steve%20Cooper%20Middlesbrough.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

In all seriousness,  I have no idea how it will turn out. The biggest negative people come up with is style of play, but he played very differently in his first season there compared to the premier league. He's preached that he likes entertaining attacking football, but he's also said he's realistic in achieving it. He explained to Forest the realities of the premier league; the ruthlessness of the finishing, etc, meant they were shipping too many goals, and he felt he had to change the style. They stopped up, so in the end, it was justified. 

There are certainly concerns he might give up on the attacking, passing philosophy too quickly. But all I heard last season from the fans was how inflexible we were and that if we played like that, we'd get hammered in the premier league. 

If we was in the Championship this appointment would make total sense as he has good qualities and has proven himself with Swansea and Forest down there I just don’t think he has to know how for the Prem especially with our group of players currently who have spent the last year playing the enzo way.

yes he did keep Forest up but they were awful and lucky, the fact we went down and Everton finished below them shows that any other season they would have been relegated.

Edited by whoareyaaa