Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

Positives on the impending Cooper appointment

44 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For me it wasn’t about getting someone playing the exact same style of Maresca but at the same time it was more about sticking to an attack minded possession based philosophy, who accommodates the playing squad we already have. That’s why I wanted Corberan badly, as I truly believed he ticked all the boxes.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s an article stating Cooper has hired someone to analyse his own management, we may very well see a completely different style of play now he’s had some time out of the game to reflect. But based off current evidence I don’t think Cooper’s style or formation suits our current playing squad.

But I would state, it’s nothing personal to Cooper as a manager or his ability as a manager. I love the fact he approached us regarding the job and showed he wanted to be here and I hope to be proven wrong, and will be the first to admit I was wrong and that I didn’t think it would suit the current squad.

Corberan failed at what Cooper succeeded doing? And took Forest from the bottom up to the Premier League. He failed at both Huddersfield and WBA.

Did you see WBA in the play offs. Stinking. I'm not sure what he's achieved over Cooper if you are comparing the two

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Corberan failed at what Cooper succeeded doing? And took Forest from the bottom up to the Premier League. He failed at both Huddersfield and WBA.

Did you see WBA in the play offs. Stinking. I'm not sure what he's achieved over Cooper if you are comparing the two

First of all I wouldn’t say Corberan failed, this year the championship was one of the hardest it’s been in a long time and he got WBA into the play offs with literally no money to spend. 

but I was comparing the two from a tactical set up perspective.

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

First of all I wouldn’t say Corberan failed, this year the championship was one of the hardest it’s been in a long time and he got WBA into the play offs with literally no money to spend. 

but I was comparing the two from a tactical set up perspective.

How much did Cooper spend getting Forest from bottom to promotion? It's hard to be selective when comparing, WBA have also had parachute payments and Forest had been rotting in the Championship and even Lg 1 for 20 odd years. Cooper has a better win % too btw. 

What do you prefer from a tactical set up perspective that gives us an edge in the premier league, with a manager who has never managed there? 

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

i don’t think it’s even a debate that corberans huddersfield were stronger than forest in the final. Some incredibly dubious var calls got them over the line.

I don’t think they ever had a shot this year. The strength of the relegated 3 was really not a fair thing to assess him against 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

How much did Cooper spend getting Forest from bottom to promotion? It's hard to be selective when comparing, WBA have also had parachute payments and Forest had been rotting in the Championship and even Lg 1 for 20 odd years. Cooper has a better win % too btw. 

What do you prefer from a tactical set up perspective that gives us an edge in the premier league, with a manager who has never managed there? 

The fact that one uses wingers and the other didn’t? 

I think a lot of people will be eating their words and looking a bit silly later this season. If he keeps us up he will have done his job. If he helps us be stable in the premiership with a mid table finish he will have excelled.

Personally I think its the best appointment we could have made given the situation we are in.

Lets see.

• Like 2

I'm a big fan, to be honest. I really can't understand the hate he's getting. I thought Forest were certain to go down in the season they went up after signing 2,959 players, and in the end, it was us!

He did a great job that season. I don't care what anyone says about his win record in the Premier League. He was managing Forest ffs, give him a break! It says a lot that their fans still love him. I hope he does a Wes Morgan and becomes our club legend!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

I'm a big fan, to be honest. I really can't understand the hate he's getting. I thought Forest were certain to go down in the season they went up after signing 2,959 players, and in the end, it was us!

He did a great job that season. I don't care what anyone says about his win record in the Premier League. He was managing Forest ffs, give him a break! It says a lot that their fans still love him. I hope he does a Wes Morgan and becomes our club legend!

Those final games in the 22/23 season he had those players well up for it, before that I thought forest were either excellent or awful. I think the owner was difficult to deal with, we"re expecting the worse anyway so I'm getting behind him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He's hungry, he knows he's up against it but took it anyway. 

You have to respect him for that. I can't wait for the haters to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't want us to stay up just for the sake of it playing attritional football and scrabbling about for players. I want to see something I can identify with, I want to see us rebuilt on sensible wages, with young talented players who play an exciting style of football that's flexible and dynamic. 

To be honest I will accept any kind football Cooper wants to play if it will keep us up. Success for me is a 17th place finish with no more FFP issues.  We are in a hell of a mess & desperately need a reset. If Cooper can utilize our academy & keep us up I will be a happy man.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

To be honest I will accept any kind football Cooper wants to play if it will keep us up. Success for me is a 17th place finish with no more FFP issues.  We are in a hell of a mess & desperately need a reset. If Cooper can utilize our academy & keep us up I will be a happy man.

That's only pertinent if the club ha e a strategy to ease the financial burden and it not be a noose around our necks year on year as we try and scrabble for survival in the Prem.

As I've said, give me a lean mean fighting machine that might only be an ambitious Championship club with a highly regarded academy and other qualities than a punch drunk washed up PL team ala Everton. 

• Like 1