Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

Positives on the impending Cooper appointment

The worst thing I can say about him is that he looks like his mom died. So it's a good thing what his face looks like has absolutely nothing to do with football. Obviously keeping forest up the year before last was impressive.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's only pertinent if the club ha e a strategy to ease the financial burden and it not be a noose around our necks year on year as we try and scrabble for survival in the Prem.

As I've said, give me a lean mean fighting machine that might only be an ambitious Championship club with a highly regarded academy and other qualities than a punch drunk washed up PL team ala Everton. 

I would really hope that Top, Rudkin & the board can recognize that the club needs a drastic reset. No more allowing players to see out their contracts & walk for free. No more stupid money on borderline players.  The training ground needs to be the building block for the future with a strong emphasis on the academy.  And last but most important we need to bring in a real DOF . .  

We need to use this upcoming season to stabilize the club & build an identity.

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I would really hope that Top, Rudkin & the board can recognize that the club needs a drastic reset. No more allowing players to see out their contracts & walk for free. No more stupid money on borderline players.  The training ground needs to be the building block for the future with a strong emphasis on the academy.  And last but most important we need to bring in a real DOF . .  

I would say the fact that 32 year old Vestergaard has been given a 3 year contract would suggest the drastic reset isn’t happening anytime soon.

On 20/06/2024 at 07:57, whoareyaaa said:

Yea instead we can look forward to the other team having most of the ball and us trying to defend attack after attack.

Can't wait.

Don't watch it then if you're that disillusioned with it all.

No one is forcing you. 

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

You cannot force other clubs to sign out players, neither can you force players to leave if they are set on leaving on a free transfer. Secondly, losing so many on a free was much down to circumstance of not having the money to replace them with better or equivilant players. Nobody WANTS to have pleayers leave on a free, they are totally insane. 

Lets see how pre season goes before writing him off.

I got the impression there was a lot of interference by Owners etc at Forest.

I'm sure he'll be given a free run here to do things his way like Enzo and Rogers.

But I still question,  Why give him a 3 year Contract if he'll be gone by Christmas if he doesn't hit the ground running. ?

Are we going to sign lots of players like Forest or make do pretty much with a few additions.  ?

Are we going to sign Enzo's players, Coopers players or Rudkins players.  ?

He did eventually stabilise the team at Forest which is to his credit.

So high stakes at play this season for the Club.

23 hours ago, sylofox said:

It's not Potter. He didn't want us last summer and obviously doesn't now. Let's hope the club never waste another minute of time on the cvnt.

Hoping Cooper without working in the circus with a total nuts ringmaster  that is forest can build a team. 

Hoping we get an enjoyable style of play and not Enzo paint dry ball.

Spot on..on all your points 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm sure he'll be given a free run here to do things his way like Enzo and Rogers.

But I still question,  Why give him a 3 year Contract if he'll be gone by Christmas if he doesn't hit the ground running. ?

Are we going to sign lots of players like Forest or make do pretty much with a few additions.  ?

I’d like to think both parties appreciate the challenges we’ll face this season and have come to an agreement that if we go down he’ll try to get us back up again 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2024 at 08:07, RedSoxUK said:

I think he'll be actively involved with the youth and willing to give chances to Nelson, Alves, Braybrooke, Cover, Wanya.. 

He seems willing to adapt and is constantly learning the game. I think he's probably been told to adapt to what we have rather than how he ended things at Forest (club requirement of possession based football won't have changed overnight,)

And I do think we've got a better chance against the top 6 playing his 10-0 than Enzo's 3241. There's faith he can develop a Plan A and a Plan B, utilise wing backs like Potter would have intended, so the fans should be happier.

Please not Wanya. 

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Don't tell me what I can say or do, thank you.

I'll do what I want.

Ooooh.  Touched a nerve, Grow up..

You an a number of others have already written the poor guy off before the team has even kicked a ball in anger in a Pre-season friendly.

Give him a chance at least. ** 

(** That was a suggestion not an instruction...I don't want you getting any more upset) 

• Like 1

1. Likes developing youth. If he can integrate Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke this will bring a lot of pride to the club.

2. Flexible and not stubborn to one way of doing things which along with other traits, did for Rodgers and nearly did for Enzo. His preference is also to play good football.

3. Will put the success of the club over personal ideals or ego. 

4. However some try and pull him down, he has had success. The promotion for Forest was out of the blue and regardless of other factors, any team going up, particularly that weren’t expecting it, should be delighted to just stay up.

5. Seems to be a strong man manager and liked by his players.

26 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Ooooh.  Touched a nerve, Grow up..

You an a number of others have already written the poor guy off before the team has even kicked a ball in anger in a Pre-season friendly.

Give him a chance at least. ** 

(** That was a suggestion not an instruction...I don't want you getting any more upset) 

Clearly I've touched one of you're nerves, you sound like your username a Child.

Like I said don't tell me what I can say or do.

And if you don't like my posts you can block me, ****ing idiot.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You cannot force other clubs to sign out players, neither can you force players to leave if they are set on leaving on a free transfer. Secondly, losing so many on a free was much down to circumstance of not having the money to replace them with better or equivilant players. Nobody WANTS to have pleayers leave on a free, they are totally insane. 

What gets lost in a lot of this is why they don't want to leave and run their contract down - the salary they were on here. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but many were uncomfortable at the spiralling wage bill and this added to the perfect storm.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Can we at least allow him a league game? I can already imagine the fumes on here after the inevitable 1-1 draw against a some lower league cannon fodder like Port Vale or Leeds

• Like 2

Little point moaning now really. We’ve got what we’ve got. He’s an honest and spectacularly ugly bloke who seems to invest heavily in his clubs. It could be a lot worse - mind you it could also have been better. 

We are faced with multiple challenges this season and getting behind the manager and the team is all we can do to help. So let’s do that even if we have reservations, which I know many of us do. 

Up the Foxes.