Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

49 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Interesting he said he’d spoke to top and rudkin in last couple of weeks and maybe longer. Wonder how long before it came out we knew of maresca and Chelsea. 

Clearly issues with maresca go back some time and we had covered our bases by sounding out potential replacements 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It’s also noticeable that in Maresca’s first interview he spent most of it explaining how he wants the team to play and what his footballing philosophy is. Day one and he was selling “the idea”.

Cooper didn’t really go into detail about, which may suggest that he’ll be quite flexible, which is something we all called for last season and something we absolutely need if we are going to stay up.

Might have helped if the interviewer asked a question beyond “how excited are you”.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Not my proudest wank.

At least you can admit it.  I'm sure there are hundreds of others on this forum who can't publicly come out and say it. 

That sort of self awareness, courage, and teamwork by keeping an open line of communication should be recognized.  Get this man a job in the analysis team to review video and pictures for reports on our team and scouting reports. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We’ve now switched from ripping his facial appearance to fat shaming him and banging on about what he wears.

I view that as the first shoots of acceptance tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We’ve now switched from ripping his facial appearance to fat shaming him and banging on about what he wears.

I’ve not been involved in any of that but 12 months ago was it not the same but in a complimentary way about how suave, good looking Enzo was?

Sadly it’s part of everyday life, people commenting on social media about someone’s appearance and bigger than what happens on FoxesTalk.

• Like 1

I've changed my mind, im excited and want to give him a chance. We have to go all out and sign a Striker, thats got to be player number 1 coming in the door, i've done some research on his preffered formation its 4-3-3. Soumare and Kristiansen if Steve likes them could feel like brand new signings this season, they both played well for Seville and Bologna, lets get behind him and hope the club use the resources we have on getting in positions that are vital (Striker, Centre Mid, Centre back).

1 minute ago, richardsfoxes said:

I've changed my mind, im excited and want to give him a chance. We have to go all out and sign a Striker, thats got to be player number 1 coming in the door, i've done some research on his preffered formation it’s 4-3-3. Soumare and Kristiansen if Steve likes them could feel like brand new signings this season, they both played well for Seville and Bologna, lets get behind him and hope the club use the resources we have on getting in positions that are vital (Striker, Centre Mid, Centre back).

If Soumare is the answer to avoid a relegation then I’ll eat my hat.

I sometimes forget (wishful thinking) that he’s still contracted to us.

Absolutely I think how a manager presents himself is important.  For me leading by example is presenting yourself in the best way possible..  Doesn't matter in what line of work it is.  In football you need to instill confidence and gain trust of your players.  In my opinion if a manager doesn't attempt to keep fit and dresses or keeps their appearance as something they don't care about, players won't take them seriously as much as they should. 

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5469108/2024/05/07/premier-league-managers-touchline-fashion/

https://ownops.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/dressing-to-impress-what-football-managers-clothes-say-about-them/

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37583105/how-do-klopp-guardiola-mourinho-measure-up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/941e4158-fcbd-4526-a306-132d71f3e969

Now for physical facial looks who cares, in my opinion everyone looks different and we shouldn't judge or make fun of someone based on that I agree. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Twitter. Sorry X. What a cesspit of the most childish and pathetic hateful small minded nonsense going.

>_<

I think the same about here at times 

The Enzo Out melt down towards the end of last season was utterly scary and childish 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

I've only watched the first 5 minutes so far but he's clearly a man that is not comfortable sitting in a chair without proper arms. 

I identify with that and I respect that.  Only a loser chooses an armless arm chair.  I bet he hates being served coffee in a glass.  

Hashtag I believe in Steve 

This is the kind of content I want football pundits talking about. Absolute gold.

• Haha 2

If he came to the first day of pre season training having spent a few weeks in Istanbul with a hair transplant, Turkey teeth, a bit of Botox and a fitted Armani suit would you lot like him a bit more 😂

4 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Fecking state of people when all they’ve got to offer is criticism of someone’s appearance. **** all to do with how effective they’ll be in their job. Might be an age thing but the percentage of moronic ***** in our fan base / population at large seems to be growing year in year out. 

Totally agree. I hope any parents on here on are teaching their children not to engage in these sort of nasty comments on social media.