Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Squad is full of poor to average PL players.

This season was always going to be a massive struggle depending on the recruitment - Regardless of manager.

You can’t look at what we did in the Championship last year. It’s completely irrelevant.

People vastly overestimate our players at this level. It’s borderline comical.

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Genuinely think if Enzo was still here, last season's team would have easily finished between 13th and 17th in the Prem. Very much so. 

Not digging you out here, but this is revisionism here. Swarms of people posting we'd be bottom or near bottom and being defensively ripped to shreds under the Enzo system 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He might not of been the best choice of manager but our biggest issue atm is the complete lack of recruitment. Our squad is relegation fodder atm. Weve lost our main creative player in KDH and not replaced him. Our only striker with any sort of goal threat is injured… absolutely no surprise whatsoever they are struggling to score goals.  3 or 4 good attacking players through the door and there will be a momentum shift. Start the season with Ndidi as one of our few attacking midfielders then the club deserves the relegation they will get. 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stormfox said:

Surely he could see there wouldn't be a lot of money washing about??? He spends 10+ million on a CB when we already have 6!!

That’s on the manager before the DoF? Based on the change in profile of our transfer links as the window has progressed, it looks we were counting on a chunk of cash that never arrived. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Genuinely think if Enzo was still here, last season's team would have easily finished between 13th and 17th in the Prem. Very much so. 

I wish he was still here, it would certainly have been easier to attract new players.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is going to be as destructive to us as Paulo Sousa. Get him gone at all costs.

You really think whoever comes in is going to miraculously magic up a fit goal scorer, a replacement for KDH and a defence that didn’t get relegated last time we were in the Prem?

Oh, and if you do find someone, can they sort out PSR? Cheers.

I can’t build up any hate for cooper. He shouldn’t be here, end of. It’s not his fault he’s been hired, he’s a football manager who was looking for a job. 

It was said on here at the time that this was a deliberate appointment by Rudkin so that he could keep his power. Potter would have come, but wanted someone with actual football knowledge to come in and give the club direction, something that Rudkin didn’t want. 

As fans, we need to do everything we possibly can to get king power out of this club, or at least wake up and see that this current sh*t show requires people overseeing football operations who, you know, know things about football.

We need to boo, we need to chant about king power and Rudkin, we need to show our displeasure. I worry that so many of the match going fans are apathetic to the whole situation though. 

I don't dislike the guy, I just think it was an odd choice as his style was so different to Enzo's. A weak squad learning an unfamiliar style in a new league seems like a bit of a recipe for disaster. I really hope I'm wrong.

I would add that selling KDH and (so far) not replacing him is a killer. Almost doesn't matter who the manager is, that midfield is going to be destroyed in the Premier League 

33 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

At least maybe it'll be so bad that people finally collectively realise things have to change. Trying to stay optimistic.

fat chance, the happy clappers will continue to make excuses, look what his family's done for us etc.

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not digging you out here, but this is revisionism here. Swarms of people posting we'd be bottom or near bottom and being defensively ripped to shreds under the Enzo system 

not revisionism if different people are saying it. look at the Bournemouth FA cup game, we looked reasonable enough for safety if nothing else.

7 minutes ago, westernpark said:

The club(King Power+Rudkin) are the issue, not Cooper. I’ll get behind him and so should you.

Sorry mate, whilst KP and Rudkin have been problems for longer, Coops is showing signs that he’s clueless. We may have a trifecta of incompetence now. New record incoming.

• Like 2

He’s an excuse maker.  What is worrying is if he can’t see that his tactics/formation and player choice is incorrect and it’s always someone else’s fault or reason. 

All he had to do was Enzo ball with much less pratting around the back.

We might not have the personnel yet, so he has either sacrificed pre season to make a point or he is actually useless. I think it’s the latter. Playing 3 CDM every game and expecting them to suddenly be able to get the ball to the attackers in on goal, then making the change with 10 mins to go. Winks is being stunk out by the players around him getting in his way or giving it away as soon as they get the ball. Surely he could be mixing it up with McAteer. Alves and Golding. 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

He might not of been the best choice of manager but our biggest issue atm is the complete lack of recruitment. Our squad is relegation fodder atm. Weve lost our main creative player in KDH and not replaced him. Our only striker with any sort of goal threat is injured. Absolutely no surprise whatsoever they are struggling to score goals.  3 or 4 good attacking players through the door and there will be a momentum shift. Start the season with Ndidi as one of our few attacking midfielders then the club deserves the relegation they will get. 

I get the lack of recruitment but Cooper could at least play his better players in their favoured positions. He had better players on the bench than in his starting 11. Mavididi is better at LW than Reid. Ricardo is our best full back but it also better playing next to Winks than Hamza. Verstergaard is our best footballing centre back, Alves was the best creative number 8 available today. Golding didn’t even travel. He picks a weaker starting 11 and then gives them no structure to play. 

The board ultimately are not at fault for him starting 3 defensive midfielders, nor are they at fault for us not scoring in our last 3 pre season games. They are at fault for him even being in the job in the first place, but that doesn't excuse him being not good enough at this level.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

not revisionism if different people are saying it. look at the Bournemouth FA cup game, we looked reasonable enough for safety if nothing else.

We completed well for 120 minutes,  we can't know how that extrapolated over 38 games. 

But we had Enzo out threads left, right and centre all the way up to basically the Southampton game